HCP Holder Road Rage Murder/Suicide

This makes me want to practice drills in my truck.  How quickly can I draw while sitting in my truck, with my seatbelt on.  I do have one of those magnet things under the steering wheel, but I don't 100% of the time keep my piece there. 

Another sad situation!

There are nut cases whose first instinct is to pull a gun when things don’t go their way; fortunately most of them don’t end in murder.

Another story said witnesses told the reporter one guy was going to back into the other guy and he honked his horn. They didn’t say, or at least no more than that was reported.

Ridiculous stuff to die over.

6 minutes ago, Omega said:

More than likely he had something else going on, the incident just put him over the top.  His version of having a bad day at work and coming home to kick the dog.

Yeah, I wonder if they will find out that these guys really knew each other. It seems weird that the guy shot himself after shooting the other guy. Seems like he might have just run if he had a "Oh crap what have I done?" moment.

This is awful and ridiculous.  I won't be surprised if the two guys had never laid eyes on each other, before.  It sounds to me more like Nasca (the shooter) wanted to die for some reason, anyhow, and simply seized the opportunity to take someone else with him.  Strange was probably just the unlucky person who happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time to light Nasca's overly short fuse.

On another note, this incident took place at a Weigel's but surprisingly not at THE Weigel's.  Anyone who has ever lived in East Knoxville will know which Weigel's I am talking about - heck, I think most cops in Knoxville call that location - the one around the Summit Hill/Fort Hill area - THE Weigel's because so much crap goes down there or at least used to.

Edited by JAB
3 hours ago, DaveTN said:

I kinda figured he commit murder, realized he screwed up and decided he would rather die than go to prison. Just a WAG though.

This is the first thought I had.  Instant traumatizing remorse or the "straw that broke the camels back"?  That may never have an answer

I had a guy get road rage on me yesterday simply because he was mad that I merged in front of him. I signaled and waited as long as I could before simply having to move over. He then got really aggressive. I remembered this thread and simply ignored him. Life is too short to get worked up over someone's driving.

Edited by Erik88
  • Like 7
  • 4 weeks later...
On 12/13/2016 at 0:45 PM, Erik88 said:

I had a guy get road rage on me yesterday simply because he was mad that I merged in front of him. I signaled and waited as long as I could before simply having to move over. He then got really aggressive. I remembered this thread and simply ignored him. Life is too short to get worked up over someone's driving.

You got that right.

On ‎12‎/‎13‎/‎2016 at 0:45 PM, Erik88 said:

That was you? Sorry about that.

• Like 1

This quote sums your actions up quite nicely,: ."Every conflict you are in when carrying a gun is now an armed conflict. Smart people avoid armed conflicts", Darryl Bolke

I try to live by this and stress it to others.

Edited by chances R
  • Like 1

IMO many people are under way more stress these days and many times it only takes the honk of a horn to set someone off. There has been many times I have been the second car in line at a stop light and the car or truck in front of me won't move on a green turn arrow or a green light. And when they realize it is green and they begin to move they go when it is yellow. I could have blown my horn but I am not in any hurry to cause a conflict or for that fact to get where I am going that much quicker by just waiting on another light. When I get in my vehicle I put my carry weapon in a holster next to my console cause once I strap my seat beat is becomes much more difficult to gain access to it if needed.

On ‎12‎/‎8‎/‎2016 at 5:38 PM, runco said:

This makes me want to practice drills in my truck.  How quickly can I draw while sitting in my truck, with my seatbelt on.  I do have one of those magnet things under the steering wheel, but I don't 100% of the time keep my piece there. 

Another sad situation!

I practice this all the time. I'm at a even greater disadvantage because I'm a lefty. It gets somewhat awkward trying to engage with your left hand, out the drivers window, with a perp coming from behind.

I used to have a Ford that had a nice pocket inside the door that would hold a pistol nicely and could be retrieved by a left handed shooter pretty darned fast. My new Chevy doesn't have the door pocket so I have to keep it on my side.