Christmas Music

NextExit

One of my favorite Christmas time tunes is "Baby It's Cold Outside". It's been around for decades, but apparently now its a "forbidden song" and should not be played anymore. The whackadoodles who find something bad with everything are saying that it represents rape, due to the fact that the man is trying to keep the woman inside.

You be the judge:

• Like 1

Yep.  ABR and Theocracy are pretty mcuh my favorite bands.  My Spotify proves it, lol!

Here's one a little different... Neil Zaza is kind of in the vein of Satch/Vai, but less about pyrotechnics and more jazz-rock bazed, imho.  He has 2 studio and one live Christmas albums, and they are all just incredibly well done and beautifully orchestrated.  This one appeals (imho) to anyone who truly enjoys well played music, of ANY style.

2 hours ago, hipower said:

LOL!! That's great.

I however, am listening to Brian Setzer's Rockin' Christmas this morning. Need a little more upbeat sounds to liven the day.

I watched that on T.V. this morning. Man, he's awesome!

Here's the gold standard in Christmas music.

• Like 2
47 minutes ago, musicman said:

Yep.  ABR and Theocracy are pretty mcuh my favorite bands.  My Spotify proves it, lol!

Here's one a little different... Neil Zaza is kind of in the vein of Satch/Vai, but less about pyrotechnics and more jazz-rock bazed, imho.  He has 2 studio and one live Christmas albums, and they are all just incredibly well done and beautifully orchestrated.  This one appeals (imho) to anyone who truly enjoys well played music, of ANY style.

Haven't heard of him... good stuff!

A nice song for the non-religious who still celebrate their version of the holiday.

FYI: Minchin is from Australia, which being in the early part of their summer season during Christmas explains why a family would celebrate with "wine in the sun."

5 hours ago, DWARREN123 said:

I like the older Christmas music with the original singers such as Perry Como, Dean Martin, Burl Ives and so on.

+1

Me too...that's the music that I remember coming from the console stereo in my home as a child (1960's). 

20 minutes ago, i1afli said:

+1

Me too...that's the music that I remember coming from the console stereo in my home as a child (1960's). 

6 hours ago, DWARREN123 said:

I like the older Christmas music with the original singers such as Perry Como, Dean Martin, Burl Ives and so on.

We had quite a collection of the "Firestone Christmas Albums" put out by Firestone Tires through all their distributors.  Played them on a huge console stereo in the living room.  Us kids weren't allowed in the living room except on Christmas Eve and Christmas.

I have always enjoyed the Christmas Carols I grew up with which was all of the originals from 50's and 60's. I have spent the last couple days listening to them and remembering them being played by my parents on the old 33 RPM  records. Later went to the 45's but still enjoy them today. Been watching all the Christmas programs from years ago also. I have seen 3 different versions of A Christmas Carol and Scrooge and It's a Wonderful Life and even though it's a much later Christmas Movie I really enjoy  The Santa Claus both 1 & 2 with Tim Allen. I also enjoy the Cartoon version of the Grinch That stole Christmas but hated the movie version with Jim Carry.............jmho

28 minutes ago, bersaguy said:

I have always enjoyed the Christmas Carols I grew up with which was all of the originals from 50's and 60's. I have spent the last couple days listening to them and remembering them being played by my parents on the old 33 RPM  records. Later went to the 45's but still enjoy them today. Been watching all the Christmas programs from years ago also. I have seen 3 different versions of A Christmas Carol and Scrooge and It's a Wonderful Life and even though it's a much later Christmas Movie I really enjoy  The Santa Claus both 1 & 2 with Tim Allen. I also enjoy the Cartoon version of the Grinch That stole Christmas but hated the movie version with Jim Carry.............jmho

To that list I'd add "Miracle On 34th Street" (the original 1947 version, not the remakes)