What podcasts are you listening to?

Chucktshoes

23 hours ago, Erik88 said:

Lastly, if you haven't listened to the one MacGyver mentioned(In the Dark), you really should go listen to it. It's made it all the way to the Supreme Court and even Justice Thomas has some interesting remarks. If memory serves, it's only the 2nd time in his nearly 30 years on the court that he's asked a question during oral arguments. Powerful case.

I need another podcast to listen to like I need another hole in my head, but I decided I'd look into "In the Dark".  I listened to S2E13, and I was really impressed with the quality.

Dr. Jordan Peterson

Heard he is popular with 20-30 something males who want to straighten out their lives and those who seek to take responsibility for their lives, as well as some discussion on psychology.  

So wanted to hear what I was missing.  He is very good, but some of his podcasts are long.  

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
  • Admin Team

In addition to In the Dark, two other podcasts were just honored with duPont Awards.  All three are worth a listen.

If you haven't listened to Michigan Radio's Believed - you should. It's a brutal story, but so important.  It's a deep dive into the Larry Nasser case, and really shows how he groomed his victims - and everyone around him.  Rachel Denhollander, speaking in episode 8 offers one of the most stunning statements forgiveness that I've ever heard.

Finally, Bag Man - narrated by @Oh Shoot's main girl Rachel Maddow.  This is a look into Nixon's vice president Spiro Agnew, and the case that was built against him forcing him to resign as Watergate was starting to boil over. If his name is unfamiliar to you, or you just thought him a casualty of Watergate - this podcast is really worth a listen.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Moderators

Yesterday I found "The Dream".

https://www.stitcher.com/podcast/stitcher/the-dream

I was able to find it in Apple's Podcasts without using the Stitcher App. It's about Multi-Level-Marketing. It's fascinating and so enjoyable. First episode touches on The Airplane Game. I needed something lighthearted to listen to, and stories of people being convinced to give other's their money fit the bill nicely.

• Admin Team
54 minutes ago, GlockSpock said:

Yesterday I found "The Dream".

https://www.stitcher.com/podcast/stitcher/the-dream

I was able to find it in Apple's Podcasts without using the Stitcher App. It's about Multi-Level-Marketing. It's fascinating and so enjoyable. First episode touches on The Airplane Game. I needed something lighthearted to listen to, and stories of people being convinced to give other's their money fit the bill nicely.

The first season of the Dream is great. 

• Admin Team

I can recommend Blindspot by WNYC. 

It details the intelligence and lead up to 9/11.  We missed/failed to take action on so much.  You also get the sense that it could have been much worse.

As someone who was active in that space at the time - and was in 1WTC that morning, I can say that it's an accurate account that most people would really learn a lot from.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • Moderators

I just discovered this podcast and am really enjoying it. It is politically oriented, but not in any sort of partisan manner. 

Anarcho-Christian podcast  Evaluating the relationship between the Christian and the state. 

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/anarchochristian-evaluating-relationship-between-christian/id1339744391?i=1000400612110

• Like 1

I seem to collect podcasts, I am so far behind. When I was driving more I could almost keep up but now I just get further and further behind, I have dropped a few but her are some I can't give up on.

Only gun related podcast that I still listen to is Black Man With a Gun. Not black but I find most of his podcast very interesting and he has a pleasant voice. I skip the shows that are really aimed at blacks but have learned some interesting black history and a lot of his shows are just good gun advise. I have been listening off an on since I saw him speak at a gun rally/march in Albany NY about 8 years ago.

For fun I like several different shows from Decoder Theater. It is a Canadian radio theater group that do new shows in the style of old time radio dramas. Mostly SciFi and mystery/detective. A lot of their old shows are online plus they do a new show every 2 weeks, usually a multipart story.

A relatively recent add to my list is Stuff You Should Know. Long running show with more than a thousand episodes available. Two guys pick a topic and research it and talk about it for 15 minutes to an hour.

This is another fun one but is hit and miss if I like the shows, Everything Icebox. They have a variety of story lines, humor to light horror. The best on and off series is about a small radio station in Northern Wisconsin complete with fake ads for the bait shop and other local shops. They also have a real talk show podcast on the stream that I didn't like and skip.

I use to have a few more but found I never got around to listening to them so dropped them.

• 2 months later...