school shooting in Nashville at the Covenant School

FUJIMO

7 minutes ago, Links2k said:

I changed my avatar to protect the fragile if that was the problem. I’m not going to engage in what about ism. Blessed are the peacemakers…

I think the post above yours was just to show that he has Daniel ignored.

Why would your avatar be a problem?  If someone is that thin skinned, maybe it should be allowed to bother them.  We may not agree on much, but I also believe in agree to disagree when necessary.   You do you.  As long as things don't get personal I don't see any issue personally.

• Like 3
10 minutes ago, Links2k said:

I changed my avatar to protect the fragile if that was the problem. I’m not going to engage in what about ism. Blessed are the peacemakers…

I don't think you were the person he was talking about. I liked your old avatar. 

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, Hozzie said:

I think the post above yours was just to show that he has Daniel ignored.

Why would your avatar be a problem?  If someone is that thin skinned, maybe it should be allowed to bother them.  We may not agree on much, but I also believe in agree to disagree when necessary.   You do you.  As long as things don't get personal I don't see any issue personally.

7 minutes ago, Erik88 said:

I don't think you were the person he was talking about. I liked your old avatar. 

Thanks for the clarification.  My apologies to @Alleycat72. I like the new avatar better. 

Edited by Links2k
  • Like 1
4 minutes ago, Links2k said:

Thanks for the clarification. I like the new avatar better. 

Small on my phone but it looks like a mounted black cavalry soldier

Edited by FUJIMO
  • Like 2

What happened in Nashville today at the house?  Sexton is on the radio saying there was an “ insurrection” instigated by three house members regarding gun control with protestors “charging” state troopers and raising all kinds of hell.

Edited by Garufa
  • Moderators
4 minutes ago, Garufa said:

What happened in Nashville today at the house?  Sexton is on the radio saying there was an “ insurrection” instigated by three house members regarding gun control with protestors “charging” state troopers and raising all kinds of hell.

Video I’ve seen of it gives plenty of Jan 6 vibes. 

• Like 3
6 hours ago, Scotty said:

Nixon passed this legislation when he was Gov. of CA

One very minor correction, Nixon was never governor of California.  He lost the 1962 election to Pat Brown, a loss which most thought would end his political career.  Just an example of mostly useless trivia, and completely irrelevant to this topic ...

• Like 1
  • Moderators
2 minutes ago, No_0ne said:

One very minor correction, Nixon was never governor of California.  He lost the 1962 election to Pat Brown, a loss which most thought would end his political career.  Just an example of mostly useless trivia, and completely irrelevant to this topic ...

Yep. Reagan was the governor in question. 

• Moderators
1 minute ago, btq96r said:

For a moment I thought it was Bass Reeves, but realized it didn't have his epic mustache.

That reminds me. I’ve been meaning to watch that movie Isiah Washington did about him. 

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, No_0ne said:

Apologies. Tried to say I was working off memory. 

I do think it’s relevant, seeing as how red flag laws and mental health issues were mentioned. Not trying by any means to stoke the flames but I do think this set a precedent that results in at least a small portion of the problem of mental health in America. 

• Like 1
  • Moderators
Just now, Scotty said:

Apologies. Tried to say I was working off memory. 

I do think it’s relevant, seeing as how red flag laws and mental health issues were mentioned. Not trying by any means to stoke the flames but I do think this set a precedent that results in at least a small portion of the problem of mental health in America. 

Agree with your assessment on both relevancy and relationship to the current state of affairs. 

• Like 1
46 minutes ago, Links2k said:

Thanks for the clarification.  My apologies to @Alleycat72. I like the new avatar better. 

Honestly I haven't noticed your avatar. I did look at it just now and I don't have a problem with either. I wouldn't ask you to change it if I did. I simply don't have that right.

• Like 1
36 minutes ago, Chucktshoes said:

From the video, mostly a collection of leftist weirdos and, umm…gender confused individuals. 

For 3 years I worked for a man that happened to be gay. He had a word and a unimaginable dislike for a certain segment of his group. At the time I lumped gay into one group. I was wrong. LOL 

There is a different between a gay man and a man that happens to be gay. I've also had some very constructive talks with my good friends biracial gay Daughter. She actually gives me hope for kids her age. She's almost 17. 

• Like 4
6 hours ago, gregintenn said:

The mental health issue is a tough one. There are obviously many people who simply shouldn’t be walking around in public. My concern is who gets to make that decision. There are no doubt many folks who’d put me in an asylum if they could. Some of these folks happen to be elected officials. I wish I knew the solution. If it were easy, I guess it wouldn’t still be a problem.

Problems are plentyful and hard to define at times.

Solutions are easily found...especially by government; they're just not easily put into place.

Please take this as the scarcasm it is intended to be. Nothing in life is easy...except dying.