Private Sales in Their Sights???

15 hours ago, BigK said:

Nobody with a brain, including the ATF, thinks this will have an impact on crime. This is just another way to control us.

I think they know how effective it will be.聽 And they probably believe enough people will comply for the risk/reward result if nothing else to call it a win.聽 But they also understand others won't.聽 So, that just becomes a tack-on charge that can convict someone if you don't think a jury would agree to something else.聽 Federal prosecutors love to have a stack of charges to pile on, especially sticky ones that still have real teeth to entice a plea.

• Like 2

The left knows good and well that this probably won't work, much like everything else they're doing. The plan is to attack 2A from every angle and hope some elements stick. It's the only real "assault" in regards to the second.

Sadly, it's a brilliant tactic. I have to give them props for being that devious. I wish the right was this passionate about anything.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Moderators
55 minutes ago, NoBanStan said:

The left knows good and well that this probably won't work, much like everything else they're doing. The plan is to attack 2A from every angle and hope some elements stick. It's the only real "assault" in regards to the second.

Sadly, it's a brilliant tactic. I have to give them props for being that devious. I wish the right was this passionate about anything.

I don't know who I get mad at more, the left for their crazy attacks or the right and/or pro聽2A folks. I hear a lot of talk but very very little action from pro 2A people. Most have a mindset of I'll leave it for somebody else to fight.聽

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Just now, TripleGGG said:

I don't know who I get mad at more, the left for their crazy attacks or the right and/or pro聽2A folks. I hear a lot of talk but very very little action from pro 2A people. Most have a mindset of I'll leave it for somebody else to fight.聽

Completely agree. The left blames guns for crime and tries to do something about it. The right blames mental health and that's where it stops. Occasionally i hear them talk about some small level of funding but there's nothing concrete. Nothing actionable.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
5 hours ago, NoBanStan said:

To add to my previous comment about throwing crap against the wall, the house democrats introduced a proposed a bill for 1000% tax on "assault weapons". Yes, 1000

https://www.businessinsider.com/house-democrats-ar-15-tax-gun-control-reconciliation-2022-6?op=1

I believe something similar was proposed in several Oregon concentration campswithin the last couple of years.

I don't remember the outcome. I'm sorry.

Edited by hipower
  • Thanks 1
23 hours ago, NoBanStan said:

Completely agree. The left blames guns for crime and tries to do something about it. The right blames mental health and that's where it stops. Occasionally i hear them talk about some small level of funding but there's nothing concrete. Nothing actionable.

If they blame guns and present a bad plan that takes guns away from innocent people and I blame crazy people, but don't don't know how to stop crazy people, that doesn't make them right. In fact, it makes them even more wrong.

Edited by BigK
  • Thanks 1

I will say this about private sales. I moved here from Connecticut 4 yrs ago. In CT, private sales are only allowed between permit holders (well, legally).

However, anytime someone would ask me to sell them a gun without having a permit, I'd always think this could be a set-up by PD or ATF and I never did it. Not to say others might have, but it wasnt worth the risk. Some guys were pretty persistent-lol. Saying they had applied for the permit but it wasnt in yet, and/or offering several hundred more than my asking price.

We have it good here in TN by the way. In CT to do a private sale, both parties have to call the State Police with their permit #'s while they are together doing the buy, or swap. (And sometimes the lines are very busy, or even down. One guy wouldnt do a deal with me because we couldnt get thru)

You are assigned a transaction # which goes on the paperwork that has to get sent to the local PD of the buyer, and seller, and another copy to the State Police.

God I love TN-lol.

• Like 2

Private sales? Oh, you mean the gunshow loophole we've been hearing about for years. They've been after that for a long time. The goal is to end all sales. Public and private.聽馃が

As for that 1000% tax thing, that's an old Washington trick. Ask for the impossible and then compromise for something less, but equally as bad.聽馃樀

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...