It seems squirrel season just opened at my house!

2 minutes ago, RED333 said:

Damn that bites!!!

Yeah! Last time it happened, that piece was half the cost and easier to get to than this one.

They also keep chewing the mortar out of my brick steps on the patio. No idea what they鈥檙e getting out of that. Maybe sharpening their teeth so they can chew through gas lines better?

• Haha 4
  • Sad 1

I read somewhere that these lines are made from some form of a soybean derivative.聽

Whoever made that decision needs his arse kicked up around his shirt collar.

*edit*

That may have been wiring insulation instead of fuel line. I've had wires chewed in two as well.

Edited by gregintenn
  • Like 2
11 minutes ago, gregintenn said:

I read somewhere that these lines are made from some form of a soybean derivative.聽

*edit*

That may have been wiring insulation instead of fuel line. I've had wires chewed in two as well.

You鈥檙e right Nissan dealership told me that about the wires 聽 聽 they use the soybean oil to keep wire from getting brittle 聽 聽Squirrels love it 聽

Edited by Sleep profit
  • Like 2
23 minutes ago, gregintenn said:

*edit*

BINGO !

Dealer told my buddy the same thing. That's why he's throwing in the towel and looking for something older.

Pesky little rascals! I had one make a nest under the hood of one of our cars with the insulation from under the hood; a total mess. They are best parboiled then fried 馃槀

Edited by WRK247
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
10 minutes ago, peejman said:

Try putting some coyote urine around where you park the vehicles. Or just go pee there yourself.聽

I don鈥檛 have a coyote handy from which to extract urine, but. I do often pee near the truck. I think my kid does as well. I figure lead will help.

• Haha 1
7 hours ago, MacGyver said:

If you come out and a coyote is having his way with your tires - probably best to just let him finish.

Greg, If you get a video of this I just might pay to see it.馃ぃ

• Haha 1

I am sorry for your troubles Greg.

But being form Deep South Mississippi I sure do hate to see you miss the opportunity for some culinary delight! 馃槈

My father was an avid squirrel hunter in his younger days.聽

My mother or grandmother would usually cook a squirrel gravy and serve it over fried grit cakes. The grit cakes were made from pouring the previous days grits into a loaf pan overnight and frying them up the next morning.

This was in the early 1960's and we used good old fashioned hogfat lard. No body worried about heart disease. Heck! That was commie thinking hippe stuff. 馃檪聽Besides the Louisiana Hot sauce probably burned off and harmful fats...

So if you get tired of coyotes or dogs humping your tires, there might be options.

https://www.ms-sportsman.com/hunting/small-game/squirrel/grandmas-greatest-gift-squirrel-dishes/

Best of luck to you good sir.聽馃槆

• Like 2
  • Love 1