Snow

damn, didn't think of using the leaf blower. Decided to clear the snow off the car, I didn't want that "wintery mix" to make one big ice cube of it. It would have been easier with the blower. Truck didn't start and I was too cold to jump it off, hope the battery doesn't freeze. Glad I work from home! As far as snacks, I'm rationing chocolate. Really wish I had cleared room in the garage to get the car in.

Glad you guys can shovel, I shoveled next to the car doors and that's the extent of the snow shoveling I'm doing. Drive is gravel and garage sits back a good way. 

• Like 1

Way too late to use the leaf blower for me here, the snow has melted a bit and re-froze a couple times, it's just a pretty solid sheet of ice in the back yard.  It does crack/give way from my fat butt at times, but then the next step will support my full weight, sounds like a muffled firecracker going off.  Driveway is probably the same way, yesterday was garbage day, but no one else in the neighborhood rolled their cans out either, nor have I ventured down to the mailbox.  Walking the dog in the back yard is enough adventure for me at these temps.  LOL

• Like 2
22 minutes ago, jpx2rk said:

nor have I ventured down to the mailbox.

I was surprised that our mailman delivered yesterday. The country roads out here are a frozen mess. There was no letter mail, but we got a couple of packages and our mailman delivers eggs, too. (He has chickens and keeps us supplied, what a guy!)

It's a balmy 14 this morning in Hebbertsburg, and my dog doesn't want to come back in after her morning constitutional. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I tried to go to the gym this morning but turned around. The snow has been compacted into a sheet of ice in my neighborhood. Still haven't seen a plow. They are hoping to have all the roads treated by Saturday. 

• Like 3
1 minute ago, Erik88 said:

I tried to go to the gym this morning but turned around. The snow has been compacted into a sheet of ice in my neighborhood. Still haven't seen a plow. They are hoping to have all the roads treated by Saturday. 

If ,I say I say IF the weather forecast is correct we have rain coming this evening followed by a mix and then on to snow again as the temps drop tonight. That was courtesy of WVLT this morning. Starting around 3pm today.

• Like 2

I'm going to clear my driveway this afternoon. The sun is working on it now, and if I can get most of the snow off then I think the sun will finish the ice. Even though I expect more ice overnight, it should clear more quickly without the snow. 

• Like 1
  • Admin Team
16 hours ago, FUJIMO said:

Schools out tomorrow. Surely one of them has a kid wanting to earn a little extra video game money

My youngest was bored - so I told him he could go clear all of our elderly neighbors cars.  He was out for a couple of hours with the leaf blower and a brush.

They tried to pay him but he wouldn’t let them.

regardless, our kitchen had filled up with the treats they made him.  Good trade in his eyes. 

• Like 10
  • Love 6
  • Thanks 1
6 minutes ago, MacGyver said:

My youngest was bored - so I told him he could go clear all of our elderly neighbors cars.  He was out for a couple of hours with the leaf blower and a brush.

regardless, our kitchen had filled up with the treats they made him.  Good trade in his eyes. 

If it's the type of elderly folks I grew up around you can't buy those kind of treats anymore.

• Like 13
29 minutes ago, Darrell said:

I'm going to clear my driveway this afternoon. The sun is working on it now, and if I can get most of the snow off then I think the sun will finish the ice. Even though I expect more ice overnight, it should clear more quickly without the snow. 

Same here. Then a nap 💤 

Edited by Sleep profit
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Moderators
56 minutes ago, MacGyver said:

Money can't even come close to that kind of payment.  A great life lesson for your son.

• Like 8
  • Moderators

Sideroads are still solid ice here.  We have been able to get out every day in the Jeep.  Two people this morning piled up in the ditch right in front of us within a couple of minutes of each other.  The sad part is I told my wife to watch both of these dummies are going to be off the road soon.  Let's just say running 20-30 MPH on solid ice is not a wise decision.

Day 4, all snacks are gone and I was unable to post Day 3 due to feeling faint from no snacks.  I am too old to go clear the elderly folk's vehicles in my neighborhood for treats, so I live vicariously through @MacGyverson now. 🤪

• Like 1
  • Haha 10
18 minutes ago, TripleGGG said:

Sideroads are still solid ice here.  We have been able to get out every day in the Jeep.  Two people this morning piled up in the ditch right in front of us within a couple of minutes of each other.  The sad part is I told my wife to watch both of these dummies are going to be off the road soon.  Let's just say running 20-30 MPH on solid ice is not a wise decision.

Day 4, all snacks are gone and I was unable to post Day 3 due to feeling faint from no snacks.  I am too old to go clear the elderly folk's vehicles in my neighborhood for treats, so I live vicariously through @MacGyverson now. 🤪

SD1624.jpg.fc1b918ea0e9a51d2cf6de95ac4336cb.jpg

If only we were neighbors I could keep you fed 🙂

• Like 2
  • Wow 1
  • Admin Team
4 hours ago, FUJIMO said:

If it's the type of elderly folks I grew up around you can't buy those kind of treats anymore.

Our kitchen counter looks like the dessert table at a church potluck. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1
8 hours ago, Darrell said:

I was surprised that our mailman delivered yesterday. The country roads out here are a frozen mess. There was no letter mail, but we got a couple of packages and our mailman delivers eggs, too. (He has chickens and keeps us supplied, what a guy!)

It's a balmy 14 this morning in Hebbertsburg, and my dog doesn't want to come back in after her morning constitutional. 

I got brave (dumb ????) and went to the mailbox, was able to safely/playfully slide down the slight slope on the driveway, and made it back to the house w/o slipping/falling down.  The snow on the drive had melted and re-froze so it was/is a sheet of ice with a little bit of snow left on it for a bit of traction.  

Walked the dog and it's trying to spit some rain right now.  

• Like 1