Any rimfire fans?

I am currently just collecting the  22lr variety

I've got a vintage browning t bolt,vintage browning BL22 ,another oldie a 1968ish Marlin 99 and a current 10/22

Like them all but to me the t bolt is the most enjoyable 

• Like 1
16 minutes ago, Protongunner said:

Big fan of rimfire here. A CZ 457 would look good in your collection list.

I've been looking into the CZ rimfire rifles

Good chance there will be one soon😁

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, krunchnik said:

My Dad had an older Browning T-Bolt that I would have really liked-

Alas, he sold it a few years ago-

I also like the 22's-

That's kind of a bummer

The good thing about 22s is I'm generally using them to get my 10-year-old going eventually move him up and thankfully on a good day it's about $0.05 a round to shoot them 😁

I am so far down the rimfire rabbit hole I won’t get out.    But I’m also into uber accuracy.  Love old rimfire’s.  If you are into rimfires, you need a 40x or 52 to really appreciate them from the old days. 

• Like 3

Asking this question, any rimfire fans, it's like asking do you like gravy and biscuits. Myself, I am a fan of both. Got numerous rimfires and Saturday is our day for C-Ham, eggs, and G and B. Life is grand, wouldn't you say????.  

Edited to add; Jr's Foodtown, in Murfreesboro, is the best place to purchase the best country ham in town. It's on East Main just off the square. Small packs (12 bucks +) or the whole ham (40.00 bucks+), your choice. Just though t I would let you in on the best kept secret in the "Boro". GET YE SOME

Edited by pop pop
  • Love 1

Before moving to TN I sold my 9422XTR, and a Browning A-bolt 22, kicking myself now-lol.

Although because of bad storage they were starting to pit, so in a way I got rid of them for a great price before they would need refinishing.

But my custom Nordic Components 10/22 and CZ 455 Thumbhole varmint kinda make up for it.

• Like 1
  • Wow 1

I love .22s. 😍 I've got more .22s that I can keep up with. Rifles, handguns and .22 conversion units for centerfire guns. Easy to shoot, accurate and just plain fun! What else can you take to the range and spend hours for about the cost of one box of centerfire ammo? 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

I took the old t bolt to the range yesterday it's got some old redfield 4x scope on it pretty accurate for what it is and the fact that our range isn't very long it's indoors

So my son is a lefty and subsequently our t bolt is a lefty kind of like when I looked for a guitar for him one properly made for a lefty wasn't too easy to come by I guess it's one of those things where they're not worth anything to most people unless you need one

But what I found is I can shoulder the rifle obviously holding the stock with my right hand and cycle it with my left hand never having to remove my hand from the trigger area

I'll be honest with you I kind of like it 😁

I learned to operate a right handed bolt left handed when I was on a rifle team in high school. You can’t remove the hand from the forend because it is in a glove and wrapped in the sling. Single shot bolt action is a trick left handed. Especially during a match. 

• Like 2
19 hours ago, Hozzie said:

I have shown these here before, but a pair of consecutive serial number 40XB's.  I would have to dig out my 52C and D for pics.

spacer.png

Love those scopes, too.  Can you tell us a bit about them?

They are both 20x Unertl’s.   I like them on these old guns.  I have a 14x on my 52D but will say I think some of the most fun I have is shooting with the peep sites on my 52C.   It’s pretty incredible how little of groups you can shoot with peep sight with appropriately sized inserts for the target. 

• Like 2
23 minutes ago, Hozzie said:

It’s pretty incredible how little of groups you can shoot with peep sight with appropriately sized inserts for the target. 

And good eyesight. I can either see the peep or the post, but not both, darn it.

• Like 1
10 hours ago, Hozzie said:

They are both 20x Unertl’s.   I like them on these old guns.  I have a 14x on my 52D but will say I think some of the most fun I have is shooting with the peep sites on my 52C.   It’s pretty incredible how little of groups you can shoot with peep sight with appropriately sized inserts for the target. 

Beautiful scopes.  I long to have a Unertl and almost bought one on eBay but found out it had a blurry lens which kinda defeats the whole purpose.  Wish I could find one that didn't cost an arm and a leg.  

I agree with you on the peeps.  I have them on my 52 and 75 and it is quite rewarding when shooting small groups with them but would like to have one with a good period scope.  

• Like 1
On 1/26/2024 at 12:17 PM, Hozzie said:

I have shown these here before, but a pair of consecutive serial number 40XB's.  I would have to dig out my 52C and D for pics.

Your pair reminded me of a friends Remington 513T with Tasco6-18x40. 

Remington513T%20Tasco6-18x40.jpg

• Like 3
  • Love 1

I have a CZ457 in 22lr, another 22WMR and a 17 Hmr. I really like them. I have a Savage in 17HMR which is a good shooter too. The Ruger mk4 and Taurus TX22 are fun too!!  

Rimfire ammo is less expensive than centerfire so I get to shoot a lot more. I have a 200 yard range at home so it's great for rimfire but a little short for centerfire, so I generally have to pack everything up to shoot centerfires. Another thing is that rimfire suppressors are a lot cheaper too. Generally great shooting firearms that can be a lot of fun for not too much ca$$$$h. Even match quality ammo is cheaper than centerfire, including reloading.  

• Love 1