Air fryer recipes

Wife picked up one of these today and got us into the 21st century I reckon. So far, I made boiled eggs in it to see if tit worked. It did. What do you guys like to cook in your air fryer, and how do you go about it?

Looks to me like stuff you’d cook in a fry daddy would benefit from this for being less greasy. Other than that, what else do I need to know? I have faith in you guys.

We have had several, going bigger and different styles as we went.  Ours gets used all the time sometimes 2 or 3 times a day. My wife make lots of things in it including bacon.  I tend to use it to heat/reheat things up for breakfast or lunch.  Makes great reheated pizza that is almost as good as when it was fresh. When I get wings out I usually get extras or left over from another meal it works great for reheating them.  What you make is somewhat limited to the style and size, our current one is large and shaped more like a toaster oven.

• Like 1

We use ours all the time. air fried Hamburger steaks , air fried sweet potatoes and air fried Parmesan green beans. Makes great omelettes as well. Blackened chicken.  I agree it excels at reheating food.   I’m always trying something new in it.  

• Like 1

Air Fryers are just small convection ovens.  Doesn't really matter on the format, just that the air is moving.  I have one that is more like a toaster oven that folds up so it doesn't take up as much space on the counter when not in use, but is easily accessible.  Works well and seems to have a bit more room than some.  Got mine at Costco.

https://www.costco.com/ninja-foodi-10-in-1-digital-air-fry-oven-pro.product.4000105708.html

Edited by Hozzie
  • Like 2
1 hour ago, AuEagle said:

What is the best fryer to buy?

I think the advice above your post is good, don’t get too small.   You need to decide if you want to leave it on the counter or if you want to store it.   That was the reason I got the one I linked to.  Sits on my counter so I am more likely to use it, but folds up out of the way when I don’t. 

Most of them are going to be decent.  Amazon reviews will probably give you the best large review base if you find a style or one you like the looks of. 

Edited by Hozzie
  • Like 2

We are in the same boat and just got one perhaps a month ago.  So far done all sorts of veggies in there but the fan favorite so far has been simple panko coated chicken fingers.  Simple egg, flour, panko breading makes a great host for whatever sauce you're going to use.  I have heard salmon is great in there so that is on my list to do

• Like 2
3 hours ago, AuEagle said:

What is the best fryer to buy?

Seen more than a few family friends using the "instant" brand which seem pretty affordable. They have models with two trays so you can do like nugs and fries at the same time.

I kinda like some of the Ninja stuff, so I bought one of these. lets us have pressure cooking, slow cooking and air fryer all in one. Bought without any research, so I can't tell if it's better or worse than other brands. However, we've been very happy with it.
https://www.amazon.com/Ninja-FD401-Fryer-Stainless-Pressure-8-Quart/dp/B07S85TPLG

• Like 1

I dunno. Wife bought this one for $5 on Facebook. I cooked French fries in it today. Worked out ok. You wouldn’t make a living cooking with it, but for me and her, we’ll probably put some miles on it. I think I’ll try broccoli in it tomorrow.

• Haha 1
12 minutes ago, gregintenn said:

I dunno. Wife bought this one for $5 on Facebook. I cooked French fries in it today. Worked out ok. You wouldn’t make a living cooking with it, but for me and her, we’ll probably put some miles on it. I think I’ll try broccoli in it tomorrow.

I tend to overbuy for the wife because A.) She'll enjoy the luxury and make me food and B.) When i spend a ton on silly stuff, she may let me off the hook 😄

Plus, Costco had a sale, so i didn't pay MSRP.

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, NoBanStan said:

I tend to overbuy for the wife because A.) She'll enjoy the luxury and make me food and B.) When i spend a ton on silly stuff, she may let me off the hook 😄

Plus, Costco had a sale, so i didn't pay MSRP.

My wife is economy minded.😊

• Like 1
5 hours ago, jpx2rk said:

What size is good for just 2 people in the house?  Toaster oven size or a little bit bigger??

We have the Ninja that was mentioned above that is more toaster oven shaped, for the two of us.  We had a smaller round one before that did somethings better but we really like the Ninja. It never gets folded up or put away.  We actually rearranged the counter top so we could leave it out.  We even use it for toast, takes a little longer but one less appliance.

Edited by Jeb48

You should be happy with the broccoli. 

We roll em in some olive oil with a little garlic salt and roast em. asparagus olive oil and parmesan cheese is great too.

Basically it takes blah too yuck veggies and mashede them so that you almost like em 😉

They do great hot dogs in just a few minutes. Great on those snow days you don’t want to go out to the grill.

Pork loin is another nice quick one to.

While It’s just a convection oven as mentioned, the small space is efficient and such a great time saver. 

• Like 2
11 hours ago, Erich said:

You should be happy with the broccoli. 

We roll em in some olive oil with a little garlic salt and roast em. asparagus olive oil and parmesan cheese is great too.

Basically it takes blah too yuck veggies and mashede them so that you almost like em 😉

They do great hot dogs in just a few minutes. Great on those snow days you don’t want to go out to the grill.

Pork loin is another nice quick one to.

While It’s just a convection oven as mentioned, the small space is efficient and such a great time saver. 

I hadn't thought about hot dogs. I bet they would work out great.

4 minutes ago, gregintenn said:

I hadn't thought about hot dogs. I bet they would work out great.

They do! Depending on preference, but they can get the skins nice and brown to just a little crunchy. 3-4 mins, turn, another 3-4 😉 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Erich said:

They do! Depending on preference, but they can get the skins nice and brown to just a little crunchy. 3-4 mins, turn, another 3-4 😉 

I think I might have used our air fryer once/twice, but I don't recall needing to turn things over in order for them to cook right. Ours is a basket style, not a toaster oven style. Is flipping things over something you have to do? Maybe I did shake the basket around halfway thru. I don't really recall.