Things the next generation simply won't understand

On 2/26/2024 at 11:24 AM, NoBanStan said:

The worst show I ever witnessed was at Starwood. It was Dave Matthews during his prime. He had a broken rib and had to sit in a chair. The place was dead. My girlfriend and I (wife a bit later) sat out in an almost empty grass area and just casually talked over the music. Nobody around us. We wound up leaving early.

Not that I'm a Dave fan mind you. It was just a chance to see some live music. No bueno.

I saw Meatloaf there right after Bat Out if He’ll 2 came out, but the show was 1 mostly.  One of the best concerts I ever saw.  

• Like 3
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, monkeylizard said:

About 1/2 those NFL team have different logos now and three aren't in those cities any longer.  😄

Next you're gonna tell me the Dukes don't even live in Hazzard anymore 😄

1 hour ago, monkeylizard said:

About 1/2 those NFL team have different logos now and three aren't in those cities any longer.  😄

I think I got that lunchbox in the 1st grade.  

I think technically four.  Chargers, Raiders, Oilers moved and the Browns moved to Baltimore and became the Ravens.  Then a new Browns team was started.  It also sucked. 

ETA:  make that five - the Colts were still in Baltimore.  

Edited by deerslayer
  • Like 1
On 1/31/2024 at 2:55 PM, gregintenn said:

Girls without muffin tops and tattoos.

And nose rings. Yesterday, a young lady at Firehouse Subs had one, and apparently it blocked the sound to her ears considering she screwed up the order.

• Like 2
  • Haha 4
  • Thanks 1
On 3/12/2024 at 7:40 AM, NoBanStan said:

the-fuck-is-this-v0-iv8zh5posrnc1.jpeg?a

You'd think that since it looks like maple syrup it'd taste good, but it's not as good as the one with pig on the label.

• Haha 1
4 hours ago, NoBanStan said:

freds.jpg&f=1&nofb=1&ipt=153767629d7e4dc

fa6f708234f87b4411a55f8b4ed74aab--s-my-c

I spent a LOT of my weekly allowances at the TG&Y store during my childhood. Last thing that I bought there was a real leather first baseman's glove. I had it for years, but somehow it didn't make it through all of our moves. 🤔

• Like 1
1 hour ago, E4 No More said:

I spent a LOT of my weekly allowances at the TG&Y store during my childhood. Last thing that I bought there was a real leather first baseman's glove. I had it for years, but somehow it didn't make it through all of our moves. 🤔

Way back in the day, I blew pretty much every penny I could find on model airplanes at TG&Y.  WW2 fighters in 1/48 scale were my biggest weakness.  

• Like 1

I remember spending lots and lots of Lincolns, Roosevelts, Jeffersons, Washingtons at the Ben Franklin. I had the largest, well equipped little green army in my neighborhood. Even had a balsa wood air force. Good times!

• Like 1
1 hour ago, ArmyBrat61 said:

I remember spending lots and lots of Lincolns, Roosevelts, Jeffersons, Washingtons at the Ben Franklin. I had the largest, well equipped little green army in my neighborhood. Even had a balsa wood air force. Good times!

Ah, good ol’ Ben Franklin. I had many of those little green army men.  Most ended up succumbing to the bic lighter. 

23 minutes ago, Snaveba said:

Ah, good ol’ Ben Franklin. I had many of those little green army men.  Most ended up succumbing to the bic lighter. 

Black Cat firecrackers got mine. Durable little guys 🙂 

We only had Zippos and matches LOL

10 hours ago, deerslayer said:

Way back in the day, I blew pretty much every penny I could find on model airplanes at TG&Y.  WW2 fighters in 1/48 scale were my biggest weakness.  

I bought a lot of models too.

7 hours ago, Snaveba said:

$1 for a bag of 100 men.  Great war games with firecrackers and BB guns.  I left divisions of these in the dirt at every childhood home.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, tacops said:

$1 for a bag of 100 men.  Great war games with firecrackers and BB guns.  I left divisions of these in the dirt at every childhood home.

The short Lincoln Log pieces were my mortar rounds, which I launched from a Lincoln Log-made see-saw.  One accurate shot could wipe out a whole platoon of green men.  

• Like 3
  • Haha 2