THP speeding ticket

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

112 in a 45. 3am. Headed across 411 Bridge.

Vonore City Police.

I got a free ride, three hots and cot. Lost my license for a year and made a rather large donation in a sum of well over a grand to the great town of Vonore.

The officer asked me why I stopped.

"You hit the lights, I was caught."

That was over fifteen years ago. Last speeding ticket I ever got.

110 in a 55. No ticket. I deserved to lose my license.

I don't speed any more.

Good god man! For that you get to find out what's on the menu at county lock up yeah? No I suspect once you got that mess of poo off of you, you'll not be going for round two!:)

Just have to tell about my very last speeding ticket in 1992. The rest stop on 81 south at the 40 split, blue lights and head lights came on at the same time as the radar detector went wild, I stopped for the trooper and he asked me how fast I was going. I replied with about 75 or so sounds good to me and with a big grin he handed me a 75 mph ticket, I think it was 55 mph zone then. I was doing well in excess of 110 mph, this guy had pulled out and followed me with no lights on a full moon night. Very professional and friendly, he could have buried me under the jail that night. The cost was 165 dollars back then and I placed the check in the mail the very next day.

Guest lostpass

holy crap, I stopped speeding when I was delivering pizzas way back in 1988. I'm thinking an average fine was fifty bucks or so back then.I figured I'd be damned if I was going to get a ticket for a six buck an hour job and discovered speeding didn't really save me much time. With the stories of hundreds or thousands in fines I'm glad I stopped.

I ddi get pulled over once for going the speed limit while delivering pizzas. A cruiser started flashing the brights at me going down a long road that was 25 mph. I was going 25 mph. So I pull over at an easy place. Officer gets out, it's midnight so I'm think he thinks i'm drunk. He comes and says "Why so slow?" "Instead of arguing about the speed limit I say "I'm paid by the hour, not the pizza" This, for some reason, cracks him up. He asks me about tips (super sucky where I worked) and lets me go. But tells me that five miles an hour isn't a big deal on blue ridge rd at midnight. I was a target for following the law. Never asked me for a license or anything.

I have only had two, one was for 60 in a 55 (I was doing 65) was puzzled as I had traveld trough there the pevious week and it was 65 (found out from the officer they change the speed limit through there during hunting season, speed trap anyone) that was 13 or 14 years ago and one for 110+ in a 55, that is how the ticket was wrote out? In 1989 3:30 in the morning heading back from Blue water bridge north of Detroit, the lighted tunnels were just to much fun back then. The officer was trying to physicaly remove me from the car while I still had my seatbelt on and getting pissed yelling at me to get out and quit resisting.... I stayed as calm as I could saying "Sir I have to take my seatbelt off"... He called my girlfriends parents (her car) and chewed me out good, that was the last time I pulled a stunt like that. Don't remember what it cost but you live and learn.

Edited by pfries

Well since we are having confessional....

I have never had a speeding ticket; however I should have been buried under the Inyo Co. Jail. Way back in 2002 (I was active duty Navy) and my command was getting our "checks in the block" for our very, very soon deployment. :) I was leaving Fallon, NV heading back to San Diego in my POV to pick up my girlfriend (now my wife) at the airport. I got gas in (I think) Independence around 2 am, pulled out and hit the gas. I was driving my brand new, just delivered 2003 Dodge Ram and thought I should see just what she would do. Well as I passed the 100 mph mark the blue light came on... way, way back there. I pull over, turn the inside lights on and wait. When the CHP gets to the window he asks for the usual, license, insurance, registration and asks if I knew why he pulled me over. Well duh... I was going a little fast. :) luckily for me I had my uniform hanging on he hanger behind the driver’s seat. Turns out the CHP Officer was a Corpsman in Vietnam and we started swapping stories and he wrote me a no seat belt ticket and told me to stay under 65 (it’s a 55 mph road) in his county. No problem, Sir! Have a GREAT evening!!! That was my last “brush” with the law. J The other time was in Hawaii and that’s another story. LOL

Somehow I can't recall ever getting but ONE speeding ticket in my life. Hard to believe, as I was as leadfooted as most at least up until about 45 or so.

I did get pulled over a good bit though through the years. I was once charged with driving on the sidewalk, so I've got that rare badge of distinction.

The ONE speeding ticket I recall getting was in a UT van, just myself, coming back from Memphis where I'd done a big AV show. Wife and I were going down to the Keys the next day and I was really boogying back at night. Some guy passed me around Jackson just flying, so I sped up and just barely kept his taillights in sight, figuring he could run the interference. :)

He slowed down through Nashville, then turned it back on, as did I. Sure enough somewhere before Crossville I see the blue lights ahead, so I slow to speed limit, figuring it had worked. But low and behold when I grew nigh to his pullover, the THP feller was half standing in my lane with a big flashlight signaling me to stop and converse also.

I asked him if we might have a little professional courtesy warning, being two underpaid State employees and all. He laughed and said maybe, if I hadn't been clocked (somehow or where, he certainly hadn't passed me) at 92! (Our department's van wasn't governed like many already were in late 80's). He was nice enough to write it for the 10-15 over, whatever it was, to avoid the worst.

- OS

Edit: Just remembered one more time, much earlier in my illustrious career when I was gypsying around the 48 as a bedbugger. Got a ticket through Colorado Springs for FOUR MILES over the speed limit. Which was ironic because it was obviously a ripoff speed trap preying on commercial vehicles for the MUCH more expensive fine, and also because there were probably at the time three semis in the entire United States slower than my 238 crackerbox Jimmy.

Edited by OhShoot
Help please! Can any one fix a 79 in a 55 highway patrol speeding ticket? Just kidding! Sucker got me at 5 am this morning. This is gonna hurt.

That is going to hurt because THP's tickets are through general sessions and that usually means higher court costs. As far as a defense you know if he wasn't wearing his campaign hat he can't write a ticket. :) Do a school if you want to keep the points off your license.

It's been a long time time since I've had a speeding ticket. I actually don't even remember when or how fast.

Be careful, I was just bragging last year that I hadn’t had a ticket it 18 years. Then I got one for 50 in a 40. I didn’t even try to talk my way out of it, I thought he had just used that to pull me over and check me out (out of state plates). Wrong.

I wouldn’t have felt so bad if I deserved it; but I never wrote a ticket for 10 over…. It’s a bs.gif ticket.

Now I can say “I haven’t had a ticket since last year.†:popcorn:

I paid $125 and moved on.

I was once charged with driving on the sidewalk, so I've got that rare badge of distinction.

You're the other guy Ron White was talking about, huh?

"Cause it turns out they were stopping every driver traveling down that particular sidewalk. And that's profiling" - Ron White

The only speeding ticket I've had was 83 in a 50 on Chapman Hwy in Knoxville. THP pulled me over as a car was passing me. I did not deny speeding, but I certainly was not that far over. He acknowledged seeing the car passing me, but somehow I ended up with the effin' ticket. Short story is I ended up with about a $200 donation to the court and 16 hrs of community service at the Goodwill store. I'm still pissed about it. However, since then, I have been let off a couple of times that I should have had a ticket, so I guess it all pans out in the end.

1990 Knoxville East on 40 unmarked KPD, Ticket.

1990 ORPD in front of ORHS, No Ticket

1991 THP Pellissippi Parkway/Solway, Ticket

1992 ORPD Tennessee Ave, No Ticket

1992 KHP 75 North in KY, Ticket

1993 ORPD Louisiana/Robertsville, No Ticket

1994 ORPD Outer Dr/Ogantz, Ticket.

1995 Norris PD Hwy 61, Ticket

1995 ACSD Melton Lake Dr in OR, No Ticket

1996 Morgan Co SD Hwy 62, Ticket

1998 THP Hwy 27 Morgan Co. No Ticket

1998 Morgan Co SD Hwy 62, No Ticket

1998 Morgan Co SD Hwy 27, No Ticket

1998 ORPD OR Turnpike, No Ticket

1998 Oliver Springs PD Hwy 61, No Ticket

1999 Georgia State Patrol I85, Ticket

2001 Oliver Springs PD Hwy 61, No Ticket

2008 Roane Co SD Harriman, No Ticket

2009 ORPD Hillside Rd, No Ticket

I'm Sure there are more, but after a while they all started to run together.

I will likely get a ticket tomorrow, but I'm ticket free so far this millennium!

Speeding in a construction zone going up clinch mountain in a service van. $421. Judge dropped the illegal passing to prevent me from losing my license. Could have been over $800.

You're the other guy Ron White was talking about, huh?

"Cause it turns out they were stopping every driver traveling down that particular sidewalk. And that's profiling" - Ron White

Oh, man, that is great! I've seen him on tube some, but never heard that line, thanks.

- OS