Glock's big news

Sandman

Well I have the news yall have been waiting for.

OL Harp was yanking yalls chain. :wave:

Edited by RED333
  • Like 1

It would be awesome if they brought a gun to market that did not look like every other gun they ever produced.  Yes, they have a great design that works very well, but there is more than one possible working design out there imo.

[quote name="Will H" post="876401" timestamp="1357393341"]It would be awesome if they brought a gun to market that did not look like every other gun they ever produced.  Yes, they have a great design that works very well, but there is more than one possible working design out there imo.[/quote] For the sake of conversation, I would like to respond... I make my living by feeding people. One of the comments I get on a semi-frequent basis is that I should offer more variety, like some of the chain restaurants in the market. It. Drives. Me. CRAZY. What I offer is food that I have mastered, over the length of my career. It's great food and you will not find better. I can offer this because I have chosen to perfect what I know instead of dilute with "variety". If you are in the mood for something that I do not offer, I have a list of other restaurants that I would be happy to recommend. Restaurants that have multiple page menus don't do anything particularly well. They serve crap and now that is what is expected: Cheap, crappy food, loaded with "variety." My point is this: If you want a great pistol, with over 25 years of proven reliability and looks like a Glock...get a glock. If you want another proven platform, that doesn't look like a Glock, you have plenty of variety to choose from. I wish more companies would follow Glock's example. Everything would be better if we promoted Masters instead of constantly asking for Jack-of-all-trades. Please note: I'm not really ranting, just offering a point of view.
For the sake of conversation, I would like to respond... I make my living by feeding people. One of the comments I get on a semi-frequent basis is that I should offer more variety, like some of the chain restaurants in the market. It. Drives. Me. CRAZY. What I offer is food that I have mastered, over the length of my career. It's great food and you will not find better. I can offer this because I have chosen to perfect what I know instead of dilute with "variety". If you are in the mood for something that I do not offer, I have a list of other restaurants that I would be happy to recommend. Restaurants that have multiple page menus don't do anything particularly well. They serve crap and now that is what is expected: Cheap, crappy food, loaded with "variety." My point is this: If you want a great pistol, with over 25 years of proven reliability and looks like a Glock...get a glock. If you want another proven platform, that doesn't look like a Glock, you have plenty of variety to choose from. I wish more companies would follow Glock's example. Everything would be better if we promoted Masters instead of constantly asking for Jack-of-all-trades. Please note: I'm not really ranting, just offering a point of view.

I understand your point, but at the same time when you see something of high quality from a company and/or service it is only natural to want to see more and different things from them.  I do not believe that a company offering multiple lines of firearms across different lines and types to be a jack-of-all trades arrangement.  They are still making firearms.  Perfect examples of this are companies like Beretta, which offers some of the highest quality shotguns in the world while supplying modern fighting weapons to our military, and Ruger, who's quality is also exceptional.

My idea of a jack-of-all-trades is a company that offers firearms, lightbulbs, knives, and boxed spaghetti.  Just an opinion.

Oh OH I got it.....  A Glock in .357 MAGNUM!!!!!

Edited by Will H

Ok here it is....

glock_1911-tfb_zpscd16a1f9.jpg

But right now the market really is in need of a polymer range stapler - if they put the Glock logo on it...WoW.

BTW....yes that is just a photoshop edit from the web :stir:

Edited by Slpeod
My 1st guess would have been a .380, but the new micro nines have almost made them obsolete.

I'm betting on/hoping for some kind of carbine too. One that takes their standard mags. Unfortunately, it'll come with a huge boxy trigger guard, crappy plastic sights, and be as wide as an M-60.
  • Administrator
I understand your point, but at the same time when you see something of high quality from a company and/or service it is only natural to want to see more and different things from them.  I do not believe that a company offering multiple lines of firearms across different lines and types to be a jack-of-all trades arrangement.  They are still making firearms.  Perfect examples of this are companies like Beretta, which offers some of the highest quality shotguns in the world while supplying modern fighting weapons to our military, and Ruger, who's quality is also exceptional.

My idea of a jack-of-all-trades is a company that offers firearms, lightbulbs, knives, and boxed spaghetti.  Just an opinion.

BUT... the companies (big box retailers) that you are talking about are not producing any of those items.  They are simply clearinghouses for them.

Glock is a manufacturer.  If you are going to ask them to deviate from their standard handgun design, you might as well ask them to manufacture tricycles as well.

• Like 1
BUT... the companies (big box retailers) that you are talking about are not producing any of those items.  They are simply clearinghouses for them.

Glock is a manufacturer.  If you are going to ask them to deviate from their standard handgun design, you might as well ask them to manufacture tricycles as well.

Yeah, I meant to say companies that mfg multiple products and not carry multiple things.  Mistype.