TN Bill to remove restrictions on knife possession and carry

Guest confidence

It's not done yet!  Call or EMAIL the Governor TODAY and ask him to sign SB1771.

If you live, work or travel in Tennessee, please CALL or EMAIL Governor Bill Haslam and ask him to sign SB1771.
Phone: 615-741-2001 / Email: bill.haslam@state.tn.us
Whether writing or calling, all that is necessary is to simply ask the Governor to sign SB1771. That's it, keep it short and to the point.

I emailed Haslam just now. When I called, there was a recording saying press 1 for this and 2 for that, etc. Which button do I push??? LOL.

I also just sent an email thanking my representative for voting in favor of the bill.

Best Daffy bit ever. Except for the "Duck Dogers In the 24th and a half century!

Perhaps "Mine, mine, mine!" is worthy of consideration also?

there was a recording saying press 1 for this and 2 for that, etc. 

Since it was about a piece of legislation I used "4" (legislative) and left a message asking the Governor sign SB1771.

Edited by hso
  • Like 1

It's not done yet!  Call or EMAIL the Governor TODAY and ask him to sign SB1771.

If you live, work or travel in Tennessee, please CALL or EMAIL Governor Bill Haslam and ask him to sign SB1771.
Phone: 615-741-2001 / Email: bill.haslam@state.tn.us
Whether writing or calling, all that is necessary is to simply ask the Governor to sign SB1771. That's it, keep it short and to the point.

I just wanted to thank you for all the work you guys have put in this, I will be becoming a Life member of knife rights very soon!
  • Like 2
Guest confidence

It's about time, as a concealed carry permit holder and knife guy I'm glad this has happened, and Sherry Jones is just unbelievable how in the hell did she ever get elected.

Concealed carry permit? You appear to be a TN resident. If so, it's a Handgun Carry Permit and allows you carry openly or concealed or half concealed or duct taped to your forehead. Just sayin'...It's not a concealed carry permit.
Guest confidence

Since it was about a piece of legislation I used "4" (legislative) and left a message asking the Governor sign SB1771.

Thanks. I'll try 4... [blush] Edited by confidence

Perhaps "Mine, mine, mine!" is worthy of consideration also?

Rabbit season!  Duck season!  Rabbit season!  :rofl:   

Yes, I sit and watch Looney Tunes with my kids.  :)

And it just occurred to me.... I will be able to carry around this knife that Dad made for me a while back.  :woohoo:

photo-L.jpg

Edited by peejman
  • Like 3

Concealed carry permit? You appear to be a TN resident. If so, it's a Handgun Carry Permit and allows you carry openly or concealed or half concealed or duct taped to your forehead. Just sayin'...It's not a concealed carry permit.

. Boy am I glad people like you come along and correct people like me.
  • Like 5
Great work. This sort of nonsense from elected officials needs to be seen by as many people as possible.

On a different note... I've been browsing knife sites on the internet the last couple of days.... This new law is going to cost me a fortune!
  • Like 2
Guest DCritter

Just be advised that, technically, it is illegal to import automatics into the U.S. In fact, as interpreted, the Federal Switchblade Act prohibits even use of imported parts in an otherwise American-made automatic.   Not saying some folks don't do it, rather that if caught, it is a Federal crime.

1st comment on the new knife law, i'm glad they are removing the restrictions on knife carry, restrictions that only punish law abiding citizens. Now I guess we will hear predictions of wild west stabbings in the streets. Thing is, even with the restrictions removed i'll probably carry the same ol Case XX standard folder with a 3 1/2" blade that i've carried for years, just my preferance. I used it just yesterday to open a big bag of bird seed. As a southern boy I have carried a pocket knife since I can remember so I can wittle a stick, clean a squirrel, dig a splinter out of my finger, cut the twine off a bail of hay etc etc. I remember trading them in ELEMENTRY SCHOOL and no one gave a hoot much less called SWAT and CNN. Anyway, if anyone ever asks me if i'm going to start carrying some kind of automatic knife, fighting knife, an ARK4715 Glock assualt knife, i'll say naaa, why should I when I carry a gun? :)

P.S. It will be nice to know I can carry what I want even though i'll carry the same ol knife Uncle Kenny gave me 20+ years ago. Edited by K191145
  • Like 1

I hope this brings the prices down, but I fear that we'll experience a run on auto-knives like we have with .22 ammo. Next we'll see pictures of nefarious men sitting around Walmart waiting for shipments, and hear complaints of shady deals at Academy Sports.

• Like 1