Which one?

Guest kcraig

US Army’s M26 Mass 12 Gauge

Posted by Eric Poole. Author Archive »
Images by Ichiro Nagata / DoD            

Modular Accessory Shotgun System— first new tactical shotgun concept for the 21st Century!

us-army-12-ga.jpg

Doors. Civilians. CQB. The US Army’s new M26 MASS (Modular Accessory Shotgun System) is an open architecture design that effectively addresses unique problems often encountered in urban areas. Specialty weapons have to be carried to overcome non-lethal obstacles and a soldier’s 5.56mm chambered M4 isn’t the

sorry guys i think i'll just go with a shotgun!!

US Army’s M26 Mass 12 Gauge

Posted by Eric Poole. Author Archive »
Images by Ichiro Nagata / DoD            

Modular Accessory Shotgun System— first new tactical shotgun concept for the 21st Century!

us-army-12-ga.jpg

Doors. Civilians. CQB. The US Army’s new M26 MASS (Modular Accessory Shotgun System) is an open architecture design that effectively addresses unique problems often encountered in urban areas. Specialty weapons have to be carried to overcome non-lethal obstacles and a soldier’s 5.56mm chambered M4 isn’t the

sorry guys i think i'll just go with a shotgun!!

That is one of the dumber things I've seen to solve a problem that doesn't exist.

Personally, I was leaning hard toward shotgun. I guess because I would want to make sure anyone approaching was friend or foe. I was thinking close quarters, shoot from the hip situation. Anyway, I see the need for longer range too.

Definitely a rifle. Hands down more effective for a wider variety of tasks.

Luckily that's not a decision I have to make, in a situation like this I'd just clique up with my family and issue them the rest of the stash, between the lot of us we'd have all the bases covered.

That is one of the dumber things I've seen to solve a problem that doesn't exist.

I have seen that in use, its actually a pretty good thing.  Usually just one per squad or so like the 203.  The alternative is a full pistol grip shotgun in a scabbard.

But since an AR mounted shotgun is one gun then that is my choice, I pick the rifleshotgun;-)

I have seen that in use, its actually a pretty good thing.  Usually just one per squad or so like the 203.  The alternative is a full pistol grip shotgun in a scabbard.

But since an AR mounted shotgun is one gun then that is my choice, I pick the rifleshotgun;-)

I've kicked a lot of doors and rarely ever needed the help of a shotgun, mainly because nearly all doors in Iraq are made of metal, with metals frames anchored to concrete. It is not preferred to do a shotgun breach on metal doors like that since breaching rounds aren't going to work, and I'm not hitting metal and concrete with buckshot from a distance of 1 inch.

Also, never ever seen an assaulter with any reputable organization use a shotgun as a primary assault weapon. I just kept a shorty slung in a shotgun keeper, and could whip it around to use it for breaching if need be.... which was hardly never. Certainly not enough to necessitate a heavy, lumbering weight on the front of my gun. Besides, we had less than lethal rounds for the 203/79 for crowd dispersment and those worked just great.

Out past 300 yards, Browning A-Bolt in 7mm Rem Mag,

inside 300 yards, rifle, FNAR 308, Saiga 308.

In side 100 yards Sagia 12 with slug,

inside 50 yards, Saiga 12 with buck "00" and 10/22.

If it gets close pistol, shotgun, knife, rocks, sticks, hand to hand.

I think that covers it, any more questions.

I've kicked a lot of doors and rarely ever needed the help of a shotgun, mainly because nearly all doors in Iraq are made of metal, with metals frames anchored to concrete. It is not preferred to do a shotgun breach on metal doors like that since breaching rounds aren't going to work, and I'm not hitting metal and concrete with buckshot from a distance of 1 inch.
Also, never ever seen an assaulter with any reputable organization use a shotgun as a primary assault weapon. I just kept a shorty slung in a shotgun keeper, and could whip it around to use it for breaching if need be.... which was hardly never. Certainly not enough to necessitate a heavy, lumbering weight on the front of my gun. Besides, we had less than lethal rounds for the 203/79 for crowd dispersment and those worked just great.

I wouldn't shoot those doors either. I was in Afghanistan where the doors are made with whatever wood they had lying around. I would volunteer to carry it though, did look pretty awkward. Even the 203 looked easy to carry in comparison.

I wouldn't shoot those doors either. I was in Afghanistan where the doors are made with whatever wood they had lying around. I would volunteer to carry it though, did look pretty awkward. Even the 203 looked easy to carry in comparison.

Ha, yeah but I've never seen a non-metal door in Astan that couldn't be breached using something less.... dramatic. Just seems like a lot extra to carry for little return, but then again I'm a minimalist when it comes to a loadout.

Out past 300 yards, Browning A-Bolt in 7mm Rem Mag,

inside 300 yards, rifle, FNAR 308, Saiga 308.

In side 100 yards Sagia 12 with slug,

inside 50 yards, Saiga 12 with buck "00" and 10/22.

If it gets close pistol, shotgun, knife, rocks, sticks, hand to hand.

I think that covers it, any more questions.

I got a Savage .17HMR for anything outside 50 yards. Yeah, it may not be big, but I can poke an eye out at 100yds. What about Mossberg's Maverick 88? Cheap, but I hear good things about it.