Umph... tough, tough spot.

Peace

I think the driver handled it well given the circumstances.  About the only thing i would have done differently is rapidly ventilate the guy hitting the car with the helmet at the end.

Was in New York.  If that happened here, someone would have probably been shot.

From the first "dude" that cut him (the RR driver) off and brake-checked him (no way that RR could've stopped in the same time as a bike), I would have certainly been in fear of serious bodiy injury for my family - that large of a group, all acting in concert, already having shown a disdain for the law.  

By myself - and especially with my family, I absolutely would try everything I could to avoid any contact - whether they are threatening me or not - I will avoid, evade, and/or escape if possible.  With that said, once they start trying to invade my family's safe space, the options get a lot smaller.

• Like 2

saw this earlier today. To me, the bikers were up to no good. If we take it at face value (presuming the driver didn't antagonize off camera) .. you're suddenly surrounded by a sea of guys on bikes, they're swarming around you and hitting their brakes and you've got your family in the car... Then they box you in and start approaching the vehicle??

Yeah, i'm gonna mow through repeatedly until I drive into the police station.

• Like 1

Recently I've debated going back to a smaller size tire on the diesel. This video assures me that will not happen.

I have been trying to convince the wife to let me upgrade some things on the SUV, push bar, Bigger tires, runflats, and some mild suspension upgrades. I think this would be a good video to show her.

• Like 2

HO-LEE CARP!!!  I just watched the whole thing and I gotta be honest, my heart is pounding.  Yea, I'd be scared poop-less if that happened to me.  (But not defenseless, though admittedly, I would be short of ammo for an invasion like that under those circumstances... time to throw a few more loaded mags in the mix!)

What a group of morons.  The gang mentality is ridiculous.  I can't believe that in over six minutes not a single cop was to be found.  Terrible.

Mob-mentality is not a "higher-conscious" state.   :shake:

Vehicle upgrades begs the question.  If one was going to buy a brand new range rover,... would you opt for a lesser vehicle and have it lightly up-armored?  like a VIP car...

I would be lying if I told you I didn't want my wife and kids in a car with at least level III protection.  

-ala http://texasarmoring.com/armoring_levels.html  - their level T6 I guess.

I'm guessing you are looking at $30-40K in armor.  Anybody know anymore than that?

Price of a new Range Rover ~ $80k+  - so that gets you a $50k vehicle armored.  

I think this just shows the lack of respect for others and the law that is becoming more prevalent in our society today. our society is spiraling into chaos at and ever increasing speed and I don't believe there is anyway to stop it at this point. our nation like every other great nation will fall from within due to its moral corruption. this is an example of the ideal that every man is a law unto himself. most younger people seem to feel that the law applies to everyone but themselves. like every statement there are exceptions and know young people that don't feel this way but I feel the majority of young people have this belief. this video shows these people believe they don't have to follow the laws of the road but the RR does by not hitting our bikes. one needs to only look at all the traditional laws that have served our country for 200 years and society since the start of time that are being rejected today by the younger generation.

the thing that concerns me the most is the fact the law is helpless to stop these types of terrorist attacks against society. these attacks are designed to be fast moving , disrupt society and instill fear in the populace. in light of the attack I feel the RR reacted as we could expect most law abiding citizen to act. I feel the only error by the driver of the RR was not to roll the window down and put a 45 acp round between the bikers eyes. considering the violent nature of the attack and the number of bikers he would have been justified. one fundamental law young people don't seem to understand is you reep what you sow.

Poor tactics - he should have stayed on the interstate and known by that point the group wanted violence.  To bad he didn't hit reverse, it would have saved his family from seeing him get cut up.  

Just another reason not to visit NY or at least legally visit NY.

As a rider, I'm usually against anyone hitting a bike... But I am also well aware of the dog mentality that a pack of people like that have.  The bike brake checked him, then I'm sure he blamed the SUV driver and commenced to threaten, then the rest of his retarded biker buddies smelled blood and jumped in.

I would've done the same thing, except when they started chasing me, I would've called 911 then locked up the SUV causing them all to wreck, then start heading to a police station.

Nothing more than gang activity going on here because of a bunch of punks that want to get together and cause traffic problems in the city.  I'm glad to know that they have now been banned from having the event any longer.

• Like 2

If you've got the bigger vehicle, by all means do whatever you can to avoid this type of situation. Like analog_kid, I woulda swerved and hit as many as I could if i knew they were out for my blood. Aggressive driving would have come in handy during this. If there were only a cop or cops around during the incident. They probably woulda had to call the riot police in.

So glad I live in the south, Drivers here are crazy but least they aren't out for blood. ( well, most of them aren't).

Not going to make any judgement on this one because in my opinion, there's simply not enough information. Here's a few things to consider:

If you get into an accident and you run, you're going to get chased. Bear in mind that most of the bikers there probably didn't know the full story. All they know is bike down and someone running. There's not much else will get a motorcyclist's blood boiling faster. 

You start deliberately mowing people down while fleeing the scene of an accident, that's vehicular homicide or probably first degree murder. Now you have bikers and cops chasing you.

As for drawing and shooting. Well, by that stage, the #### had really hit the fan so all bets are off. But bikers carry too. Make those shots count.

With that said, it looked like more than a few of the motorcyclists were riding like assholes. Personally, I avoid riding in groups of more than a few people that I know well. There's just too much scope for asshatery with large groups. But we don't know what the situation was, the RR may have been engaged in prior asshatery. I'm sure the story is out there somewhere though. I'm off to some motorcycle forums to see what the consensus is out there.

Edit: Seems to align with the sentiment here. The guys on the forums I frequent tend to disdain douchey motorcycle activity so hardly surprising.

Edited by tnguy

HO-LEE CARP!!!  I just watched the whole thing and I gotta be honest, my heart is pounding.  Yea, I'd be scared poop-less if that happened to me.  (But not defenseless, though admittedly, I would be short of ammo for an invasion like that under those circumstances... time to throw a few more loaded mags in the mix!)

What a group of morons.  The gang mentality is ridiculous.  I can't believe that in over six minutes not a single cop was to be found.  Terrible.

I agree a lot more magazines. I wonder how many of the motorcycle thugs were carrying illegally?

Not going to make any judgement on this one because in my opinion, there's simply not enough information. Here's a few things to consider:

If you get into an accident and you run, you're going to get chased. Bear in mind that most of the bikers there probably didn't know the full story. All they know is bike down and someone running. There's not much else will get a motorcyclist's blood boiling faster.

You start deliberately mowing people down while fleeing the scene of an accident, that's vehicular homicide or probably first degree murder. Now you have bikers and cops chasing you.

As for drawing and shooting. Well, by that stage, the #### had really hit the fan so all bets are off. But bikers carry too. Make those shots count.

With that said, it looked like more than a few of the motorcyclists were riding like assholes. Personally, I avoid riding in groups of more than a few people that I know well. There's just too much scope for asshatery with large groups. But we don't know what the situation was, the RR may have been engaged in prior asshatery. I'm sure the story is out there somewhere though. I'm off to some motorcycle forums to see what the consensus is out there.

Edit: Seems to align with the sentiment here. The guys on the forums I frequent tend to disdain douchey motorcycle activity so hardly surprising.

They original surrounded his vehicle and attempted to pull him out. That's why he ran them over. When 200 people are about to have their way with you, there is nothing AT ALL the victim can do wrong. He could have killed every last one of those wannabe biker douches and still been in the right. IMO, he should have been taking them out once he got back up to highway speed, and stayed in the highway until the cops showed up.

If a gang surrounds me, on bikes otherwise, and make hostile intentions known I am indeed in fear for my life. Whatever their beef was, I'd make sure to them it wasn't worth it to f*** with me.
  • Like 5