TGO Lowers - Santa Claus is coming!

MacGyver

Based on the computer generated rendering of the lower, and the lower that's in progress, it appears those grooves are not included on this lower. I didn't know they sold a lower without them. Thought that was kinda one of their trademark details.

I hope it's done in the next step *crosses fingers*

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Where are the grooves?

They do not manufacture lowers for other companies (including group buys) with the mag well finger grooves like those on their UHP-15 model lower, keeping that feature specific to their brand. This has something to do with Minimum Advertised Pricing (MAP) agreements they have in place with national distributors for the UHP-15 lower.

In other words, we'd have had to pay full price for the lowers with finger grooves. Keeping the price down was of great importance when putting this deal together. It's a trade-off, and one I can live with.

Edited by TripleDigitRide

As another poster indicated above, I'm just waiting for my CC cycle to flip over to the next month to push the cash flow out another month...just because I like doing that when I can.  :)  I'll be completing my order this weekend.

I do wish that a west TN FFL would have been selected, especially since I recommended one several times and never recieved a response. My FFL transfer dealer is part time and located just east of Collierville, but he is the cheapest around this area ($20 for the 1st transfer and $10 for the second) and he no longer operates out of his house. I will be buying at least one, but having to add $11 to the price when a west TN FFL wasn't selected/provided doesn't seem fair. :rant:  :shrug:  :)

• Admin Team

As another poster indicated above, I'm just waiting for my CC cycle to flip over to the next month to push the cash flow out another month...just because I like doing that when I can.  :)  I'll be completing my order this weekend.

I do wish that a west TN FFL would have been selected, especially since I recommended one several times and never recieved a response. My FFL transfer dealer is part time and located just east of Collierville, but he is the cheapest around this area ($20 for the 1st transfer and $10 for the second) and he no longer operates out of his house. I will be buying at least one, but having to add $11 to the price when a west TN FFL wasn't selected/provided doesn't seem fair. :rant:  :shrug:  :)

We did look for one in Memphis.  Your guy still had his FFL address listed as a residential address, and we just weren't comfortable sending our members to someone's house that we don't have any prior relationship with.

For that matter, we really looked for FFLs in Johnson City, Jackson and Chattanooga, too.  You'd think that having a bunch of new customers coming into their shop and maybe buying something would be attractive.  Our vendors jumped at the chance to participate.  Everyone else looked at us like we were crazy.  I guess they just didn't want the administrative overhead of having to add the stuff to their books. 

It was kind of crazy to me, though.  I run a small business.  I'm not really in the mindset of turning away people who want to give me money.

• Like 3

We're going to gold plate yours.  24K.  It's gonna be real nice...

That will fit right in with Mac's "pimp" lifestyle

Yep, thanks so much, will match my teeth!

We all know he is surrounded by all his breezies.

Dang, gangsta as I be and all, had to look that up.

- OS

It would have been nice if something could have been worked out with some FFLs on that side of the river. Even with the additional shipping costs, they are still a great deal. Once you get it in your hands, you'll never think about that $11 again.

I can hardly wait.

And I, for one, am glad the finger grooves are left off.

Wish I could have swung for the uppers, but had some other expenses that prevented that purchase at this time. Two lowers will have to do for now.

It's probably in the instructions, but I will still say it.  When you order, DO NOT press the "confirm button" more than once.  The web glitched & froze up on me, I repeated, and of course, have a second charge on my CC. 

I had planned on getting two lowers and two uppers but ended up spending half of my Q4 firearms budget on front rotors for my wife's car. So I ended up getting only one of each.

I am extremely excited about the upcoming AR build! I'm going to take my time and build a premium rifle. The value of this group buy is outstanding!

We thought about doing polymer lowers for the group buy, but we couldn't find anyone to make us the TGO branding iron we'd need to put our logo on them :)

I know this blacksmith guy that can make branding irons...:)

That said, I much prefer the CMT lower! Placed my order a couple of days ago. Really glad y'all went with CMT, I spent several years of my childhood right outside Lexington. Cool to have a lower made so close to "home". 

Placed my order today. I got 2 lowers, 1 upper, 1 bolt. Great deal all around and I am glad we are supporting a TN business.

As for the polymer lowers I would say you could just free hand the logo with a soldering iron. I own a polymer lower on a budget build I did last year and it is ok for what it is and I have had no problems with it but I would not even compare it in the same league as these billet lowers. Apples & oranges. Just my 2 cents.