TGO AR Build Deals

Check PSA site daily.

I'm signed up for their daily emails.  Can't beat their quality, prices, and customer service.  I am especially sensitive to that after taking my Spike's Tactical to the range today and see that it STILL doesn't function properly.   :wall: 

Joe Bob Outfitters has some decent deals and they are a TGO vendor.  I'm not sure if they started doing the free shipping for TGO members again or not.

I'm signed up for their daily emails.  Can't beat their quality, prices, and customer service.  I am especially sensitive to that after taking my Spike's Tactical to the range today and see that it STILL doesn't function properly.   :wall: 

Joe Bob Outfitters has some decent deals and they are a TGO vendor.  I'm not sure if they started doing the free shipping for TGO members again or not.

JoeBob has always had free shipping over $90 but dropped the 5% discount.  They have excellent pricing on Magpul goodies and other necessities.

• Like 2

For what it's worth since I haven't read the article yet, American Rifleman Nov issue has an article on building an AR.

It is more of a "This is why I chose the parts I did," as opposed to "This is how you build one."

I have always been pleased with PSA.

Edited by Murgatroy
I'm looking for the best deal I can find on a complete upper minus BCG. I want a 16" flat top, heavy barrel (bull barrel would be fine, too) with a dual rail handguard, chrome lined chamber & bore. I plan on adding Magpul BUSs, and maybe their angled foregrip. I broke my left elbow joint when I was in high school and never regained full motion. Their angled foregrip looks it would be really comfy for me. A rdd dot will be further down the line.

Once I get that AR built out, I'll be building a 20" varmint gun.

I've been looking at all the standard sites: RockRiverArms, model1sales, PSA, JoeBob, etc. When in stock, they all seem about the same money. Any recommendations?

+1 on checking PSA daily deals, I have snagged a few deals from them lately. I bought a complete upper from RGuns last year and the quality and price were good and it shipped fast. Surplus Ammo had some decent prices on complete uppers also, I have never dealt with them.

Check PSA site daily.

I'll amen this, especially their "blem" uppers. I've gotten several from there for $50, the only thing that classified them as a blem was the fact they didn't get stamped with the PSA logo. I've never received one that I would consider an actual blem, and I'm rather picky.

FWIW, this quad rail is super sturdy, light, and made in the U.S.
I ordered one a few weeks back and I'm really impressed. I have $200 Troy rails that I'm not as impressed with per dollar spent. Before you say it, no it's not for airsoft

http://www.opticsplanet.com/leapers-utg-pro-model-4-15-rifle-length-free-float-quad-rail-system-mtu006.html

PSA www.palmettostatearmory.com - Expect a long shipping wait, even for in stock items. Generally good/decent quality. Customer service, I've never had any problems. But during the madness there were some stories....

Prices are good.

DSG www.dsgarms.com - good deals, lots of options. Can be difficult to discern quickly what is and isn't in stock - gotta click on stuff to find out.

Primary Arms www.primaryarms.com - if you need a budget optic (aimpoint clone) theirs is awesome. I've got their 3x Compact, it's been great for a couple of years now. They've got some sweet sales from time to time as well. Jump on deals quick, they don't last long. They've also got top end optics, uppers and parts.

Joe Bob www.joeboboutfitters.com - we should all know em, they're a vendor! Great deals and service. Check their sale/closeout bin. Free shipping over $90. Don't forget to grab a vinyl sticker with your order! (check the JoeBobGear page)

SlickGuns www.slickguns.com - not really a retailer, it's a site where people post deals. Similar to Slick Deals, etc. Some are deals, some aren't. Read the comments on the deals. Fairly active and involved community.

PK Firearms www.pkfirearms.com - parts, uppers, etc. They didn't gouge during the madness, they did restrict orders. If it's on the site, it's pretty much a sure bet it's in stock.

ARPARTSFINDER - http://www.arpartsfinder.com/ - crawler that searches whole bunches of places for in stock parts, etc. Was developed during the madness. I used this with success to buy a BCM upper during the insanity - was just trying to finish a build. bingo. done. Has some lag from when items go in stock and when the site catches them.

• Like 1
Can I make a suggestion? I believe there needs to be links posted to help a would be buyer instead of a long lists of websites. Just a thought. Like this for a $80 BCG from PSA...
http://palmettostatearmory.com/index.php/ar-15-05/upper-parts/bolt-carrier-groups/8620-bolt-carrier-group.html