Beretta USA building new facility in Sumner Co.

KahrMan

The irony is Barry will take credit for the 300 jobs in TN while there will be an equal offset of 300 in MD for a net change of zero! Belissimo!

Except that according to the post on their blog, this is an expansion, not a relocation, thus those 300 jobs don't exist in Maryland, and therefore can't be lost.  Thus, it is a net gain of 300 jobs.  I do appreciate the irony in that imposing new restriction on firearms ownership in other states is driving manufacturers in the industry to do expansions in other states.

For some odd reason I had the urge to shoot my Ernest Langdon prepped Beretta Elite during this month's IDPA match at the Gallatin Gun Club.

Maybe it was a foreshadowing of the future....., a hint and a clue of what was about to happen.

WOW!  :dropjaw:    

I don't know if you heard, but there have been talks about Beretta considering bringing back the Elite line & really I hope they do. I need an Elite II to go with my twins. :up:

Elites_zps04252826.jpg

Guest TresOsos

a question for those of you who say you aren't Beretta fans.....Why Not?

Beretta makes nothing but high quality firearms. They have done so longer than anyone else. They have a very extensive line of rifles, shotguns, and handguns; something for just about everyone. Have you ever held one of their fine side by sides?

If you like guns, I don't see how you cannot be a fan of Beretta.

Because I don't like Crunchenthunkers(DA Autos) and not a real fan of the squat when you pee 9mm.

Now if they would make a nice 1911 clone, I would consider buyng one if it had the features i wanted.

As for their shotguns, my Remington 11-87SPM does what I need a shotgun to do.

Their tactical rifles, the space gun styling doesn't do it for me, plus they are expensive.

Thier hunting rifles......never really looked at what they have to offer.

Also I shot several 92's back in the mid and late 80's. I found nothing inspiring about them then and see nothing really inspiring about them now.

I am glad that Beretta is moving to TN, I would like to think it could be the first or many if we treat Beretta right.

Edited by TresOsos

Because I don't like Crunchenthunkers(DA Autos) and not a real fan of the squat when you pee 9mm.

Now if they would make a nice 1911 clone, I would consider buyng one if it had the features i wanted.

As for their shotguns, my Remington 11-87SPM does what I need a shotgun to do.

Their tactical rifles, the space gun styling doesn't do it for me, plus they are expensive.

Thier hunting rifles......never really looked at what they have to offer.

Also I shot several 92's back in the mid and late 80's. I found nothing inspiring about them then and see nothing really inspiring about them now.

I am glad that Beretta is moving to TN, I would like to think it could be the first or many if we treat Beretta right.

I think you forget all the other models Beretta makes. They also produce full size & compact pistols in .40 s&w, .357 sig, & .45 acp. Beretta also shortly produced one of the best quality 1911 style pistols money can buy called the "Steel 1". It's not a true 1911 clone, as it has Beretta's open slide design. Beretta has already stated that they will never produce a 1911 clone. I'd call it an improved 1911. It's all steel construction instead of Beretta's usual alloy frame, SAO trigger w/frame mounted safety, were hand fitted, & available in 9mm & .40 s&w. There was talk recently about Beretta bringing back some discontinued designs. Hopefully this will be the chance. Most people are only familiar with the 92/M9, but Beretta has produced some other really great pistols over the years. I think that the military contract along with the millions of 92 model pistols that have been produced over the years has taken up most of the slack & Beretta has slowed production of newer inovative designs. I would love to see Beretta bring back the Brigadier Elite, Elite II, Steel 1, & the Combat.

Edited by luvmyberetta

I've got a Beretta. M1935 .32acp.  Top ejection and sometimes the casings will bounce off my forehead. (I don't shoot it very often).  I think I shall upgrade to a newer model from them when things are up and running.  :up:  As previously stated, I hope other manufactures follow their lead.

Does anyone know what this facility will be producing? In the car industry, certain plants make different models. Camry's and Avalon's come out of KY, Tacoma's out of TX, etc., etc..

Since they are concerned that their EBR’s will be illegal for citizens to own in the state they are in now; that would be my guess. But that’s just a WAG. I have heard that it will also be an R&D facility.

a question for those of you who say you aren't Beretta fans.....Why Not?

Beretta makes nothing but high quality firearms. They have done so longer than anyone else. They have a very extensive line of rifles, shotguns, and handguns; something for just about everyone. Have you ever held one of their fine side by sides?

If you like guns, I don't see how you cannot be a fan of Beretta.

It's not that I dislike Beretta. I just like other guns more. They don't have anything I'm interested in buying. Their shotungs are beautiful but gernerally outside my price range.