Phillip Seymour Hoffmann Dead

Oh Shoot

Enfield, Here's his IMDB file http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000450/?ref_=nv_sr_3 . He has played in many great films and he always seemed to play his roles very well.

Was going to say never heard of him until I opened the attachment and seen his face. Yea, seen him in a number of films and thought he was a good actor.

I thought it odd at his age he died via drug injection. Most don't live that long?

1st impressions mean everything. My 1st expouser to Hoffmann was his role on Boogie Nights. Every time I saw him I saw in my head that scene where he tried to kiss him. Sad to see him go.

Yeah they was an especially creepy scene from a creepy character. He nailed that roll though.

oh well.  when you do drugs, bad things will and can happen to you.  i just don't understand some people.  you got fame, money, on tv/movies, and got the world by the tail and you are a dope head.   to the family, sorry for your loss.  but for him, oh well.

• Like 4
These things seem to catch actors, musicians...artists, so often. I remember reading something once which postulated the reason is that the thing that makes the great artists great is that they "feel" so deeply. And that makes sense to me. Music, acting, dancing, and fine arts are all about the way they make the patron feel....and the best convey their emotions to us through their medium. Anyway, being tapped into emotion the way they are...it makes them susceptible to substance abuse because of their sensitivity to pain and depression.

I don't know. With money and success comes great temptation. That could be the biggest part of it.

Was going to say never heard of him until I opened the attachment and seen his face. Yea, seen him in a number of films and thought he was a good actor.

I thought it odd at his age he died via drug injection. Most don't live that long?

Apparently he had struggled with addiction before, was sober for 23 years and recently checked himself into rehab. Very sad as he was a great actor.
Sad for the family, but I have absolutely no sympathy for him though, this may sound harsh but anyone who voluntarily sticks a needle in their arm in order to "get high" deserves whatever they get.

That said ... I thought he was a talented actor, it is a shame that he flushed all of his success down the toliet. Edited by RichardR
  • Like 1

These things seem to catch actors, musicians...artists, so often. I remember reading something once which postulated the reason is that the thing that makes the great artists great is that they "feel" so deeply. And that makes sense to me. Music, acting, dancing, and fine arts are all about the way they make the patron feel....and the best convey their emotions to us through their medium. Anyway, being tapped into emotion the way they are...it makes them susceptible to substance abuse because of their sensitivity to pain and depression.

I don't know. With money and success comes great temptation. That could be the biggest part of it.

How about this - he had too much money, too much free time, and he hung out with the wrong people?

There's a whole lot of people here in the county on drugs, and they sure ain't artists.

No, I don't recall ever seeing him before.  Guess I need to get out more.

He's had some really good roles in some movies, if you're into that sorta thing.  Folks make the assumption that a famous person who has been in very popular movies is a household name.  Hell, I've never seen a single episode of the Kardashian show, yet I know who they are, unfortunately.

This guy seemed good as actors go, however, I fail to see how that could ever excuse his actions.  He had three small kids.  When you have kids you owe it to them not to inject dangerous poisons into your veins for your own selfish pleasure.  F*** him.  What a piece of human trash.

Edited by TMF
  • Like 1

He made a good villain in Mission Impossible III.

I didn't see many of his movies and noticed Cold Mountain was on the list but I don't remember him in it, I may have to revisit that one and a few others.

Another sad loss to drugs.

He made a good villain in Mission Impossible III.
I didn't see many of his movies and noticed Cold Mountain was on the list but I don't remember him in it, I may have to revisit that one and a few others.

Another sad loss to drugs.

MI-3......YES. Excelent part and he played it great!