All Time Favorite Movie

The Princess Bride.

I love a good fairy tale, and it was funny as all get out.

I don't think a day goes by that I don't find at least one line out of that movie to quote in a relevant situation.

Ya beat me to it. Inconceivable!
  • Like 4
Unforgiven Dirty Harry Magnum Force Contact Perfume Cloud Atlas Forrest Gump Dead Man Down Prometheus Silence of the Lambs Top ten in no particular order but could say Fight Club is my favorite. Edited by kieefer

Gonna have to go Forrest Gump. Great movie, acting, funny, clean, and when he meets his son its classic.

John Wayne movies. Great stuff

Hurtlocker  wow

Cool Hand Luke  

Cars   Great movie for the kids

Those Marvel Comics movies are killer!!!!

Edited by LowBb

Joe Dirt

My neighbor was showing me some fireworks and I had to laugh. I told him I have a bucket, and that we can pour some gas on them.

The freak has never seen Joe Dirt.

Dirt and Stepbrothers are my two fav.

Tough call:

Some of my favorites are,

[url=http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0108399/?ref_=nv_sr_1]True Romance...a Tarantino film[/url]...Clarence and Alabama are not your everyday couple...and Val Kilmer as the ghost of Elvis...awesome... :pleased:

[url=http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0137523/?ref_=nv_sr_1] Fight Club[/url]...I never get tired of watching it.

[url=http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0079367/?ref_=nv_sr_1] The Jerk[/url]...because most of us have a "special purpose". :cool:

The original [url=http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0091474/?ref_=nv_sr_1]Michael Mann's "Manhunter"[/url]... Iron Butterfly's [url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UIVe-rZBcm4]"Inagodadivada"[/url] in the last action scene kicks butt!

Of course there's "Silence of the Lambs" , "T2", "Pulp Fiction", "V"....can't pick just one.

Edited by prag
  • Like 1

Call me old fashioned, but I'll watch Treasure of the Sierra Madre anytime.  It's rare to find a movie that presents so many facets of human nature as brilliantly as this one.

Edited by gun sane
  • Like 1
There's alot of movies I could call my favorite I guess but here's my list of the ones that I think of first.

Action/War: Saving Private Ryan

Western: Once Upon A Time In The West

Comedy: Airplane, and don't call me Shirley.

Scary: Poltrigiest 1

I could say there's one musical I would add and that's Little Shop Of Horrors. Edited by K191145

Little Shop of Horrors....how did I forget that!? Excellent movie adaptation of a Broadway musical adaptation of a very bad movie.

Then there's "The Wild Bunch"   Westerns don't get much better than this. Sam Peckinpaugh at his absolute best!

Never read or heard this, but I strongly suspect it was the basis for "Extreme Prejudice" with Nick Nolte and Powers Booth.

As a life long uber cinephile, there is simply no answer to that question.

- OS

I've been around way too many years to give an easy answer.  From B&W movies to the last release covers alot of territory.  Most of my favorites weren't made the the last few years however.

"Good. Bad. I'm the guy with the gun. "

The movie is so bad it's funny! I love it, my ol lady thinks it;s the worst movie ever made.

Evil Dead too! I even have a bobble head of Ash, remember shop smart, shop S mart

• Like 1
So many favorite movies...

Patriotic:
Red Dawn (the original)
Last of the Mohicans ( the Daniel Day-Lewis version)
Braveheart

Comedy:
The 40 Year Old Virgin
Paul Blart: Mall Cop (based on a true story)

Epic:
The Lord of the Rings trilogy

But my all time favorite movie series...

Harry Potter. Yep, seriously. Read the books. I'm convinced that J. K. Rowling has a libertarian spirit.

So many choices....   I think I've "liked" at least half a dozen posts so far.  I'll put one in the mix that hasn't been mentioned yet.  Liar Liar.  Jim Carrey's wacko opinions aside, it's a freakin' hilarious movie.  As TrickyNicky said in the OP, it's a movie I watch when I need to laugh and I usually laugh until I cry. 

Another one is Office Space.  "Hey Peter man, breast exam on channel 9.  Wooo!" 

This is a tough one honestly, there are so many to choose from.....

Comedy - Airplane, Kung Pow: Enter the fist, Grownups, Evil Dead 2

Sci fi - Aliens (2, 1, 3 in that order, the rest are dead to me), Inception

80's Action: Commando, Megaforce, Remo Williams

War: Any WWII film that isn't wind talkers, Black Hawk Down, Tears of the Sun (great action scene at the end)