Ferguson, MO, What would you do if this happened near you

runco

Hypothetical, What Would You Do in a Situation Like Ferguson  

79 members have voted

1. 1. What would you do if lived in a area like Ferguson, MO, and riots broke out and continued for days?

• Hunker down, stand your ground, AR by your side, and break out the MRE
    • Finally, grab the infamous BOB and get out of Dodge?
    • Do nothing!
    • Organize your neighborhood stand your ground force

Looks like they are at it again in MO, but this got me to think what would I do.  If this truly happened in my area, hunker down, breakout the AR and ride it out while eating my MRE, or is this a qualifying event to grab the BOB and get out of Dodge?  Or just do nothing.  What would you do?  

Hey this is my first TGO poll.  Pretty cool! 

ferguson_zps5cde7f57.jpg

Edited by Runco

There should be another option; get in touch with your neighbors and everyone around stand your ground together.  Be damned if I would leave my house to the mercy of a bunch of thugs exploiting the death of someone for justification to rob and pillage. 

• Like 7

There should be another option; get in touch with your neighbors and everyone around stand your ground together.  Be damned if I would leave my house to the mercy of a bunch of thugs exploiting the death of someone for justification to rob and pillage. 

Added!

• Authorized Vendor

Sounds like a  plan to me.

Well, Meigs County has a very small percentage of the majority of folks involved in these riots, so unless they migrate up from Chattanooga, I'd be okay. But I'd do the same as others, form a more cohesive neighborhood and watching for anything out of place. Living out in the country, 10 miles from any town also helps.

... There were riots in Chattanooga in the 1960's and on July 24, 1980... Ask your neighbors if it affected them...?

In 1969 there wuz a fellow by the name of Martin Luther King that wuz shot in Memphis... It's easy to read about that one...  This black unrest thing aint new, just another round of foolish people burnin and lootin the property of others under the name of "justice for the black man"; lead around by the same bunch of race baitin demigogues that are makin a big bucks by doin so; and aided and abetted by even rattier polititians who exploit any  tragedy to further their political ambitions...

There was a riot in knoxville in 1925 over the arrest of a noted black guy about town... The black community banded together to demand his release which resulted in the calling out of the Tennessee National Guard... The rest is bad... Several days of martial law and lots of shooting...

By the way, my dad and grandad told me about this one... They were bringing a wagon load of produce to Knoxville the mornin of the martial law declaration... They were turned back at the gay street bridge over the tennessee river and could hear the shooting then...

These riots aint new and they aint goin away until everybody (...black and white...) gets smart enough not to think they are not the only ones that dont get a fair shake.... Remember the great quote from Booker T. Washington:

"There is a class of colored people who make a business of keeping the troubles, the wrongs, and the hardships of the Negro race before the public. Some of these people do not want the Negro to lose his grievances, because they do not want to lose their jobs. There is a certain class of race-problem solvers who don't want the patient to get well."

Edited by leroy
  • Like 8

To early for the BOB unless you are leaving smoke behind and not coming back.  If you trust your neighbors that is a good option, but if like most people in cities don't know them.  Break out the MRE's and setup watch.

We live out in the county, about 10 miles from the city limits. So not alot to draw them this way, but ya never know.

Know my neighbors pretty good. One is my huntin, & shootin partner. Next is a National Guardsman, been overseas three times in the past 5 or 6 yrs. And the other is my younger brother, so we can & will watch out for each other.

So if you show up around here univited you'll more than likely meet some of the firearms, and the good lord. In the same day.

Edited by Sidinman
  • Like 1

I'd sit it out here.  Though the odds of riots ever hitting Corryton are slim to none.  If it happened here it would be more like end of the world stuff. Like when the city dwellers all make their way to the hills and country because they know there is food and safe places to be just for the asking ;)

You have to organize. It can be your neighbors, your church or just a group of like minded individuals.  I'm not talking about an armed mob, I am talking about concerned, law abiding, citizens who want to keep the peace.

Edited by Will Carry

Neighbors are surely armed. Plus the TPD officer down the street. I'm in a brick fortress, with a good view of the street. I think I'll be ready if it ever happens everyone says, but when it and if it ever happens, they sing a different tune.

Sit it out and wait. But make sure your neighbors are ok. Like a family we watch each others backs.

I'm the one sitting on my front porch with my AR and the 1911 and a good field of fire. My twenty-three year old son is on the roof of the second story part of the house with the M1A, and his 1911, and has roped up a can of ammo with some for each. I'm talking on the little FRS radio net to my armed neighbors. Ones got my .223 single shot, and another has my .308 single shot, but there are enough weapons to go around. My spouse is in the house with her 9mm on her hip. The two oldest cars in the neighborhood are already blocking the street at each end, and the four duty rostered guards are there, checking for local zipcode driver's licenses with their ARs on single point slings. The spouses are all making sandwiches and call in the report every half hour to the non-emergency police number. We keep the Police duty sergeant aware of conditions. The County Sheriff has already called up two neighbors who are reserve deputies. Isn't this what everybody does?

Edited by QuietDan
  • Like 7

I'm real familiar with that area. Lived in Florissant for a brief period. Hung out with a bunch of North County girls back in the day. Correct answer... I would have moved out of Ferguson, at least ten years ago.

This.

You need an option in the poll that says "Don't live in the ghetto". 

• Like 2