Prayers Needed

This year has been very hard on my wife's family. Back in February my wife's uncle passed away very unexpectedly at a super bowl party. Then around the beginning of July her Mother lost her job (and her insurance ). In the middle of August my wife's Mother was diagnosed with breast cancer and is now undergoing chemotherapy. And last night (Christmas eve) at 10:53pm we lost her grandfather on her dad's side. He had a blood vessel in his esophagus rupture and they couldn't save him. He was on the OR table for almost an hour and was given 3 units of blood but they couldn't get him stable enough to try to get a band on it.

He was not only the anchor of the family but also the pastor of outlet little old-fashioned country Baptist church. The family is broken and much in need of prayers and spiritual guidance.

I pray your family with comfort, and I pray blessings come out of these events.  I always find comfort in reading this:

Palsm 23

1The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want.

2 He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters.

3 He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake.

4 Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.

5 Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over.

6 Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the Lord for ever.

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=psalms%2023&version=KJV

I am so sorry for your loss, your hardship, and your hurt.  I am wishing for strength, glimmers of joy in the midst and all of the best to you and yours in this incredibly difficult time and in the days to come.

Peace said it very well. My prayers for you and your family.

Today the funeral plans were made and it seems like it is really sinking in for everyone now that the shock has worn off. We are having viewing and the service Sunday after church and the burial on Monday around noon.

I just wanted to say thank you for all of the kind words and your continued prayers during our time of mourning.