Neck/Belt Knives.....Choose the one you like best AN UPDATE

I f I were ordering one without the benefit of holding it first Id say number 3. I really like #2 though, I just would want to hold something with that shape and see if it was a good fit before plunking down some cash on it. The sleek looks of the #3 make it seem like a no brainer, very nice. There is something about #2 though that draws me in I must confess.

• Authorized Vendor

The green doesn't do it for me, but I would look at it like #3 would be the least likely to flop/twist under the shirt.

I used what I had for scales and made all of them the same as stone washing them the same so the only difference would be the shape for the purposes of choosing what shape people like the best.

I f I were ordering one without the benefit of holding it first Id say number 3. I really like #2 though, I just would want to hold something with that shape and see if it was a good fit before plunking down some cash on it. The sleek looks of the #3 make it seem like a no brainer, very nice. There is something about #2 though that draws me in I must confess.

Same for me. If I had to order one right now #3 would be the choice, it's a really good looking knife. But...I like #2 as well. I think #2 would look even better with a grip shape similar to #1.

Edited by jimmydeuce
  • Authorized Vendor

Looks like #3 is the overwhelming choice here followed by a good deal of support for #1. Funny how different forums located in different parts of the country differ so much. Another place out west has #1 as the overwhelming choice followed by #2 with #3  coming in third. laugh.gif Thanks guys for your opinions and suggestions and if anyone cares to comment further please feel free.

Looks like #3 is the overwhelming choice here followed by a good deal of support for #1. Funny how different forums located in different parts of the country differ so much. Another place out west has #1 as the overwhelming choice followed by #2 with #3 coming in third. laugh.gif Thanks guys for your opinions and suggestions and if anyone cares to comment further please feel free.

So #3 wins in the smartest state of America , when can I expect mine and how much to I send you ?

And how do I attach that to my neck ? :) Edited by Fourtyfive

I like #3 best, and am strangely drawn to #1 as well, even though I'm not used to the finger hole design. Looks interesting.

That pretty well says it for me as well.

I do have a couple of neck knives, though smaller than these.

But the longer I look at #1......the more I think it would make s great small boot or belt knife.

Edited by hipower
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Authorized Vendor

The overwhelming choice between 3 different forums was the middle one followed by the top one. So I've sold the first and second one and still have the bottom one available.

I have to make sheaths for about 7 knives before I do anything else. Then I have enough steel on hand to start 3 of the top knives. I need to order steel to make a bunch of the second ones and more of the top ones.

I plan on making them with maybe a variation or two to the scales and general appearance but otherwise they will be the same. I plan on used some of the small pieces of handle material I have available. That will able me to keep costs down.  I'm gonna make them and make them available as they appear with no special orders. 

I'm gonna make belt sheaths for all of them out of kydex.  So anyway....that's the plan.

gallery_5_5_744462.jpg

• Like 1

I like #1 but would like to see more curve to the blade and maybe a gut hook to use as a skinner.  I have a similar one I bought some years ago real cheap,  like $5 or $10 cheap, that has a rubber covered handle and two holes.  The holes are probably only for show though since I cant find a good grip using one or both but the sheath snaps through one of them I believe.