New baby

Pain103

Congratulations ! Daughters are a joy...and a pain...and a challenge all rolled into one. Just ignore the feelings as you are wrapped around her finger by her smile... they are the best blessing (next to a good wife) that God gives to a man. Enjoy her and teach her well. :up:

Edited by ArmyBrat61
  • Like 1
  • Administrator

Congratulations!  My youngest is about 15 months old now.  I'm only looking forward to her turning two so that I can stop referencing "months" in her age.  :)  Other than that, I really want time to slow down so I can enjoy every bit of it.

• Like 1

Other than that, I really want time to slow down so I can enjoy every bit of it.

That's exactly what my wife and I have done. Our son was born a year after I retired from the Navy. Almost all of our "spare" time is devoted to our sons entertainment, education and fun. :) As such our motorcycles sit a lot more than they use to. And lets not talk about the last time we went to a range. Not crying about it, just explaining. Our son will only have a few more years where he wants to be with us, as such we are enjoying every minute of "now". :)

• Like 1

Congratulations!  My youngest is about 15 months old now.  I'm only looking forward to her turning two so that I can stop referencing "months" in her age.   :)  Other than that, I really want time to slow down so I can enjoy every bit of it.

these are the best times  :up:  sometime around the age of 14 you will become as dumb as a box of rocks. at least I did.

Regarding her dating, you can always be there when the boy comes to get her. Dress in camo and have camo face paint.

Be there cleaning guns. Have them all laid out and let him know how specific ammo is designed to kill and maim.

Follow that up with a casual comment about how you just got out of prison from where someone got the wrong idea with an older daughter.

Regarding her dating, you can always be there when the boy comes to get her. Dress in camo and have camo face paint.Be there cleaning guns. Have them all laid out and let him know how specific ammo is designed to kill and maim.Follow that up with a casual comment about how you just got out of prison from where someone got the wrong idea with an older daughter.

Lol yep. I figured there would be a EBR & AK cleaning party on my front porch when the time comes atleast that is what a few of us joked about. I think me and the young lad will have a heart to heart conversation to understand each other. But that is long off now is just the many feedings and diapers. I'm still not used to diapers, I can work a meth lab like a champ but look like an idiot fooling with a diaper.

I also get to not shave for 7 or 8 weeks. I've never been able to do that. My wife alrwady hates it!

I can work a meth lab like a champ but look like an idiot fooling with a diaper.

You probably shouldn't post that on a public forum. I'm given to understand that meth labs are frowned upon in some circles.

I never had a problem with poopy diapers from the beginning. Here's a tip, with the clean diaper, start at the front and wrap around to the back. At least that's the best way with a boy. Never changed a girl.

Congratulations. Girls are the best. We had a boy and a girl. The girl is 33 now and still has me wrapped around her little finger. As for the boys, just shoot the first one and the word will spread. HAHA.

Ive got a 11 year old girl that thinks she's 21 and a 21 year old boy that acts like he's 11 lol.

The wife is in early menopause and the daughter is raging in her early hormones and they battle like two gladiators most mornings and I want to just hide under the bed.

Ive got a 11 year old girl that thinks she's 21 and a 21 year old boy that acts like he's 11 lol.

The wife is in early menopause and the daughter is raging in her early hormones and they battle like two gladiators most mornings and I want to just hide under the bed.

Sounds like my mom and sister when I was a kid. I recall being woken up on a Saturday morning to the sound of them yelling at one another again. I walked into the kitchen in my drawers, they paused and stared, I told them to shut the hell up, and walked back to my room. They were quiet after that. I think the shock alone is the only reason I got away with saying that to my mom.

I'm glad I have boys. :)