Walking Dead Season 6

Oh Shoot

Now, I have to ask - does anyone else find themselves not liking Morgan very much?

Yep, now. Mainly because I don't buy his grief and shock turning into killing every innocent person he came across, the PTSD excuse notwithstanding.

And then to go the other extreme and kill nothing human. Both extremes are full tilt bozo under both sets of circumstances.

- OS

• Like 1

That's plausible (except for Carl's super-human aging). 

BINGO.....that's what I meant in my previous post (#162). I don't see how Carl can stay if the show continues 5 or 6 more seasons. That's a major problem with the shows timeline. I saw where they are on the 5th set of twins for Judith in scenes where she is required. They use twins due to the number of hours kids can be on set. They also have a dummy for the dangerous scenes.

The most entertaining part of last night's episode for me was when Morgan broke his zipper pull to dig out the wood around the bars only to find the door was unlocked the whole time. The rest was entertaining from time to time, but mostly boring and hard to relate to.

Yep, now. Mainly because I don't buy his grief and shock turning into killing every innocent person he came across, the PTSD excuse notwithstanding.

And then to go the other extreme and kill nothing human. Both extremes are full tilt bozo under both sets of circumstances.

- OS

I don't know much about PTSD, but I'm with you. His extremes were not very believable.

Has anyone seen pictures like this:

http://i.imgur.com/OqrGzN9.jpg?1

When I re-watched this scene (for the third time), you can clearly see his face move "upscreen," as in in the direction of the dumpster and then disappears, as if he goes under the dumpster.  I could not see anything else (his body, Nicholas' body) in this scene, but his face moves.  

As pointed out above, the dumpster appears to have move away from the fence in this scene, which could conveniently put it closer to him.  The screen capture drawings were pointing out that their bodies should be oriented in the opposite direction, yet we clearly see his head near the dumpster in the gut-eating scene.

Still not believable that he would be unbitten, and a cheapshot to fans for him to survive.

At this point, I don't care. They had me all worked up about it at the end of last week, but I've now lost interest in the "is he or isn't he" topic. If he's alive, then good. I like the character. If he's gone, fine. There are others that I also like and it opens the door for Rick to put peacenik Morgan in his place. You can't save everyone.

• Like 2

Even though it left us in suspense and totally interrupted the flow of the story line, I still like when they do episodes like this one with Morgan to give us the full back story. That's something I find myself wishing for with a lot of the movies and shows i watch.

I do too. I just think that the placement of this episode in the sequence messed up the cliffhanger-ness of Glenn.

That was on purpose. It makes the show unique. Plus, the had to slow it down, at the rate they were snowballing with the suspense and action there would have been no stopping the chaos when they did slow down.

JTM
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I was thoroughly bored with this episode. It took me two evening to watch the whole thing, and that's with fast forwarding the commercials. To me Morgan's character is un-relatable for the reasons OhShoot mentioned earlier. I don't see anyone operating in his extreme mindsets, either pole. He either needs to get his mind right or go away, I really don't care which at this point.
  • Like 3

Morgan is an arrogant, self-centered SOB.  He is attempting to find his own redemption by 'saving' the member of the Wolves that he has locked up under the guise of believing that 'every life is precious'.  At the same time, he is willfully risking the lives of every person in Alexandria without so much as discussing it with them.  Did you all notice that he even went so far as to consider not locking the gate where he is keeping the Wolf?

Because of the way he is callously risking the lives of everyone else at Alexandria I would go so far as to say that, on the whole, human lives mean no more to Morgan now than they did when he was 'clearing'.  What matters to him is his so-called 'philosophy' of not directly doing the killing himself.  Instead, he sticks his head in the sand and lets others do the killing for him.  Case in point:  when Carol gave him and the preacher each a pistol he handed his to the preacher.  He didn't unload it and chuck the magazine to prevent anyone from being killed with it but, instead, put the responsibility of using it on the preacher.

Now Morgan might not be threatening to directly kill anyone in Alexandria but he is risking all of their lives just so he can stroke his own philosophical ego and prove that he can 'save' the Wolf.  This shows a complete lack of concern for the lives of all the residents.  In other words, Morgan recovered from his psychotic break by becoming a sociopath, instead.  The Morgan we knew (and liked) from the first season died when his son was bitten.

Edited by JAB
  • Like 2

Morgan is an arrogant, self-centered SOB. He is attempting to find his own redemption by 'saving' the member of the Wolves that he has locked up under the guise of believing that 'every life is precious'. At the same time, he is willfully risking the lives of every person in Alexandria without so much as discussing it with them. Did you all notice that he even went so far as to consider not locking the gate where he is keeping the Wolf?

Because of the way he is callously risking the lives of everyone else at Alexandria I would go so far as to say that, on the whole, human lives mean no more to Morgan now than they did when he was 'clearing'. What matters to him is his so-called 'philosophy' of not directly doing the killing himself. Instead, he sticks his head in the sand and lets others do the killing for him. Case in point: when Carol gave him and the preacher each a pistol he handed his to the preacher. He didn't unload it and chuck the magazine to prevent anyone from being killed with it but, instead, put the responsibility of using it on the preacher.

Now Morgan might not be threatening to directly kill anyone in Alexandria but he is risking all of their lives just so he can stroke his own philosophical ego and prove that he can 'save' the Wolf. This shows a complete lack of concern for the lives of all the residents. In other words, Morgan recovered from his psychotic break by becoming a sociopath, instead. The Morgan we knew (and liked) from the first season died when his son was bitten.

Interesting evaluation of the situation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

..... Case in point:  when Carol gave him and the preacher each a pistol he handed his to the preacher.  He didn't unload it and chuck the magazine to prevent anyone from being killed with it but, instead, put the responsibility of using it on the preacher.

As I mentioned much earlier in thread, Morgan already had a heater on his hip anyway at that time, so he's not exactly anti-gun per se.

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot

When Morgan left the house in Georgia, he was carrying the AR-15, I don't recall if he still had the weapon.  I did observe that some of the survivors don't have the weapons with them when they left somewhere and re-appeared somewhere else.  For example, Beth had an AR when she and Darryl left the prison in a hurry, but didnt' have it later.  

I am the first to discard something when it's no longer of value or use.  But an AR even without ammo, it's totally useless in that at some point down the road, .223 or 5.56mm ammo can be found.  Rick's Python would have been traded for a 9mm in Season 1.

When Morgan left the house in Georgia, he was carrying the AR-15, I don't recall if he still had the weapon.  I did observe that some of the survivors don't have the weapons with them when they left somewhere and re-appeared somewhere else.  For example, Beth had an AR when she and Darryl left the prison in a hurry, but didnt' have it later.  

I am the first to discard something when it's no longer of value or use.  But an AR even without ammo, it's totally useless in that at some point down the road, .223 or 5.56mm ammo can be found.  Rick's Python would have been traded for a 9mm in Season 1.

Maybe it was a 6.8 AR

:hiding:

Edited by monkeylizard
  • Like 1

IMFDB would have no way to know in what those M4A1s are chambered. Yeah, they're likely 5.56 picked up off the Army/Nat.Guard along the way, but they could have found a stash in someone's home chambered in 6.8, .300BLK, or some other wildcat round along with a stash of ammo to feed it. Once that runs out, it's kind of useless.

• Like 1
  • Administrator

60 minutes of my life I won't get back, back-to-back episodes that did very little for me.  Well, Maggie is pregnant, no suprise there.  Deanna going around shell-shocked, confirmed my suspicions, she was a Democrat while in Congress.

That summary will save people some time if they just read that and skip watching the episode.  Last night was a wasted hour.

• Like 4

We have enough babies in Walking Dead already.  I think Maggie being preggars is a cheap ploy.

Is Deanna the only person who doesn't know that you have to stab the head to kill a zombie?

How about that lesbian kiss?   

Was that zombie blood leaking through the wall or the wall cracking?