San Bernardino shooting

Motasyco

News keeps making much about them having this huge stash of ammo, so they suspect they might have been stockpiling it for other terrorist collaborators or something.

So let's see:

They had 1,400 .223 caliber rounds and 200 9-mm rounds on them/in SUV after the gunbattle. At the house they found another 2,500 .233 rounds and 2,000 more 9mm. Oh, and a "few hundred" .22LR.

So, 3,900 rounds of .223 and 2,200 9mm. Total stash. And I see they had problems getting .22LR also. :)

Reporter asked if that was even legal to have "that much". :) Chief told him no law against it.

Guess they'd be floored just to see my stash, and I'm just a piker compared to many many here.

The couple fired about 75 rounds at the murder scene. In the gun battle, seems the dame was driving and Farook was doing the shooting -- about 76 rounds at the cops, and the cops graced the SUV with 380 of them in return.

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot
  • Like 1

News keeps making much about them having this huge stash of ammo, so they suspect they might have been stockpiling it for other terrorist collaborators or something.

So let's see:

They had 1,400 .223 caliber rounds and 200 9-mm rounds on them/in SUV after the gunbattle. At the house they found another 2,500 .233 rounds and 2,000 more 9mm. Oh, and a "few hundred" .22LR.

So, 3,900 rounds of .223 and 2,200 9mm. Total stash. And I see they had problems getting .22LR also. :)

Reporter asked if that was even legal to have "that much". :) Chief told him no law against it.

Guess they be floored just to see my stash, and I'm just a piker compared to many.

The couple fired about 75 rounds at the murder scene. In the gun battle, seems the dame was driving and Farook was doing the shooting -- about 76 rounds at the cops, and the cops graced the SUV with 380 of them.

- OS

I thought they had said she was in the back shooting from the rear window?  He came out and fired from outside the vehicle, according to the sheriff in the briefing.

So let's see:

Guess they'd be floored just to see my stash, and I'm just a piker compared to many many here.

The couple fired about 75 rounds at the murder scene. In the gun battle, seems the dame was driving and Farook was doing the shooting -- about 76 rounds at the cops, and the cops graced the SUV with 380 of them in return.

- OS

So let's see:

- OS

I wonder how many rounds were expended by authorities yesterday. I'm betting the road needed sweeping after that shootout.

I wonder how many rounds were expended by authorities yesterday. I'm betting the road needed sweeping after that shootout.

They said over almost 700. Something like 695, I think.

Again, at the press briefing today, the Chief said they only shot 380 rounds (total from 23 cops who fired weapons) so dunno what was said by whom previously.  Here's the recap in print:

http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/san-bernardino-shooting/san-bernardino-shooting-suspects-left-baby-daughter-grandma-n473261

Here's complete vid of the briefing:

http://fox8.com/2015/12/03/san-bernardino-shooting-suspect-had-communicated-with-known-terrorist-suspects/

I thought they had said she was in the back shooting from the rear window?  He came out and fired from outside the vehicle, according to the sheriff in the briefing.

Hmm, maybe I got that part backwards. And I don't think that was in today's press conference, so may have conflated that with previous wrong info. Sorry if so.

But it was my understanding that neither ever exited the vehicle, both were killed inside it, or in his case sorta inside it, he had opened the door to shoot and sort of slumped halfway out when he died? Here's a shot of the aftermath, before they took their time getting the bodies out:

shootout1.jpg

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot
If they call that amount a huge stash, they would quite literally have to make up a new word for mine if they ever saw it. I guess the difference, other than me never intending to kill anyone, is that I shoot at least 3k a year of 9mm and 223

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Again, at the press briefing today, the Chief said they only shot 380 rounds, so dunno what was said by whom previously.  Here's the recap in print:

http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/san-bernardino-shooting/san-bernardino-shooting-suspects-left-baby-daughter-grandma-n473261

Hmm, maybe I got that part backwards. And I don't think that was in today's press conference, so may have conflated that with previous wrong info. Sorry if so.

- OS

I was listening to the briefing as well, but I was trying to work at the same time. I did think it was an ungodly amount of ammo, but again I caught them saying that she was shooting out the back of the SUV. :)

I was listening to the briefing as well, but I was trying to work at the same time. I did think it was an ungodly amount of ammo, but again I caught them saying that she was shooting out the back of the SUV. :)

I'm not really sure it matters where she was then!! We know where she is now and that is what counts as far as I'm concerned...... :usa:

• Like 1

But it was my understanding that neither ever exited the vehicle, both were killed inside it, or in his case sorta inside it, he had opened the door to shoot and sort of slumped halfway out when he died? Here's a shot of the aftermath, before they took their time getting the bodies out:

shootout1.jpg

- OS

Haven't scanned the recap or recorded brief but I am almost certain it was in this brief.  It was around when he was asked who shot first; he said she was firing from the backseat, and that he stepped out to fire from the street, apparently not getting too far.  Either way though, good shoot, good outcome.  While the amount of ammo in their home is not a whole lot, the amount they had in their vehicle is quite a bit, more than a soldier's basic load.  With around 1400 rounds of .223 that would be 47 30 round mags or 140 California compliant ones. 

Edited by Omega
  • Moderators

Haven't scanned the recap or recorded brief but I am almost certain it was in this brief.  It was around when he was asked who shot first; he said she was firing from the backseat, and that he stepped out to fire from the street, apparently not getting too far.  Either way though, good shoot, good outcome.  While the amount of ammo in their home is not a whole lot, the amount they had in their vehicle is quite a bit, more than a soldier's basic load.  With around 1400 rounds of .223 that would be 47 30 round mags or 140 California compliant ones. 

I would like this touched on.It was stated that the weapons were purhased legally four years ago. What was not touched on was if they were california compliant (small-cap magazines, bullet buttons, etc).

I would like this touched on.It was stated that the weapons were purhased legally four years ago. What was not touched on was if they were california compliant (small-cap magazines, bullet buttons, etc).

They said that they got off almost 70 rounds, that would be 7 mag changes if compliant..very doubtful.

I think this raises even another issue even more so. If the guns were purchased legally 4 years ago , who bought them because 4 years ago the main shooter would have been 16 since the police said he was age 20 yesterday. Maybe that is more information they are with holding during the investigation. On the magazine issue it was stated that they both had to stop and reload at the first scene so it is a good question?? They also said that both were wearing tactical vests with back up magazines so what size magazines will this type of gear handle? ..................... :shrug: :shrug:

• Like 1

Umm, no.

Umm, yes. Even though there is no governing power that is head of a centralized Baptist church, the origins can be traced back to John Smyth, who split from the Anglican Church, who split from the obvious.

I am not gonna discuss this with you any longer because it is pointless to argue with someone who has it all figured out with no basis in actual history.

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge."

Nothing personal, but let's get back to the topic at hand. Otherwise, we can continue discussing it in private messages or a new topic. :)

----

Back on topic..

It's amazing the climate of discussion when going news channel to channel and the variety of gun misnomers. I haven't heard anything from Feinstein yet but I can't wait...

I was hearing that they found social media correspondence with people on the terror watch list.
Back on track...ISIS is taking all the credit and does anyone question it? Of course they're going to claim it, what great propaganda to demonstrate their global influence. I can't cite the video I watched, but it indicated a more accurate profile is middle class, educated and disaffected Muslims who become militants. These shooters seem to fit that profile.

Are all Muslims bad? Not the bad ones. You know all the bad Muslims I am referring to, those who reject the teachings of Mohammed which include violence, subjegation, murder amd ethnic cleansing to prove they are good Muslims.

The 80% or so that our guv'mint tells us are peaceful, peace loving and peace seeking. Edited by Gotthegoods

Umm, yes. Even though there is no governing power that is head of a centralized Baptist church, the origins can be traced back to John Smyth, who split from the Anglican Church, who split from the obvious.

I am not gonna discuss this with you any longer because it is pointless to argue with someone who has it all figured out with no basis in actual history.

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge."

Nothing personal, but let's get back to the topic at hand. Otherwise, we can continue discussing it in private messages or a new topic. :)

----

Back on topic..

It's amazing the climate of discussion when going news channel to channel and the variety of gun misnomers. I haven't heard anything from Feinstein yet but I can't wait...

I was hearing that they found social media correspondence with people on the terror watch list.

So you hurl an insult and then declare that you won't discuss it further. Nice. Childish, but nice. But you have it all figured out, right? LOL!

• Like 1

Chief today mentioned "hi capacity" magazines more than once.

- OS