I've spent a lot of money at Academy Sports, but....

We are in total agreement on this. I have about all I think I'll reasonably need in my lifetime, but it is still disheartening to see all the PC BS that has intruded into all aspects of our lives now.

Retailers are getting pressured by public opinion polls, people supposedly representing "large numbers" of concerned citizens, and of course the thumb twisting in the board rooms by the feds. It is exasperating.

• Like 5
1 minute ago, BigK said:

If this is true, Academy must think they have more liberal customers than conservative ones.

Time will tell I suppose.

It's probably not a deal breaker for me, but it sure gives me heartburn.

Edited by gregintenn
  • Like 2
Just now, gregintenn said:

Time will tell I suppose.

I hope it's a false rumor, because I like shopping at Academy.

If it's not I hope they lose so many customers that no retailer ever mixes political decisions with business decisions EVER again.

• Like 3

The most shocking development is that the conference call outlined a new policy requiring any sale of more than 10 boxes in a caliber that Academy deems an “assault rifle caliber” will require the buyer to furnish personal information that Academy is planning on keeping in a database, other employees have stated that they were just directed to “report the transaction” with no clear outline on how to do so.

How long 'till this database crashes? lol

I guess buying 9mm, 45acp, etc is totally different... not like you can shoot that from an AR or anything. Idiots

Edited by Wingshooter
  • Like 1
  • Authorized Vendor
2 minutes ago, XxthejuicexX said:

I just walked In and all those evil black rifles are gone from the shelves

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The only reason for them to be off the shelves is because they are sold out. Anything else is a load of crapola.