Cubs!

Oh Shoot

Well, I don't even follow baseball anymore, but hey, actually watched most of this one tonight.

The Cubs are in the World Series for the first time since before I was born!

(last appearance, 1945, last win, 1908)

-OS

Edited by Oh Shoot
  • Like 2

Life long Cubs fan.  I will go to at least one game.   Went last Sunday and the atmosphere in Chicago is unbelievable.   I don't want to be there when/if they win.  It will turn into Baghdad West.   

Edited by Hozzie
7 minutes ago, Hozzie said:

Life long Cubs fan.  I will go to at least one game.   Went last Sunday and the atmosphere in Chicago is unbelievable.   I don't want to be there when/if they win.  It will turn into Baghdad West.   

I don’t know. If the Cubs and the White Sox ever make it to a series; I will be there. Chicago is my favorite party town.

I am a true-blue baseball fan, (not a Cubs fan) and really enjoyed watching this series come to fruition.  The Cubs were down in the series and found a way to get their bats going and finished in strong fashion.  I think this Cubs vs Indians is going to be a great series with lots of action. Both teams are great hitters that like to score runs.  Francona is a great skipper that tries to "game" the game and has been successful.  It's the fall classic, I don't care for either team but I'll watch every game

I grew up in Chicago and have always liked both teams but moved south in 1967 and there is nothing on Earth that could make me want to go back to Chicago. Not even if they win. 600 Addison Avenue is one of the most dangerous places to go in that city...............:doh:

Edited by bersaguy

I watched the game last night and for the life of me will never undertsand why the Cubs manager left starting pitcher Lacey in the game after they began pounding him in the 2nd inning. I think that cost them the game. Thats like leaving a Quarterback in a game after he has fumbled the ball 5 times and threw 5 interceptions in same ouarter...........jmho

Edited by bersaguy
1 hour ago, bersaguy said:

I watched the game last night and for the life of me will never undertsand why the Cubs manager left starting pitcher Lacey in the game after they began pounding him in the 2nd inning.

Cubs had to use five pitchers from their bullpen on Friday night.  If I had to guess, he didn't want to go to his bullpen too early and wear them out with another game tonight. 

48 minutes ago, gun sane said:

Looks like baseball is the only thing the Dems didn't teach Chicago how to rig.  ;)

Chicago Black Sox in 1919 ring a bell?  Granted Rothstein and crew were non-partisan crooks, but you know there were notes being taken in Tammany Hall on how to rig something with efficiency. :D

• Like 1
28 minutes ago, Oh Shoot said:

Well, I guess I'll watch my second MLB game in maybe 20 years tonight!

If Cubs win, kind of a shame it's in Cleveland.

- OS

true to my word I've watched them all, or most of them.  I went to bed on the couple of games that were way out of hand.  I agree, if the Cubs win its a shame they won't be at home.  This goes to my gripe about choosing home field advantage by the All-Star game, such a stupid rule.  

59 minutes ago, Lumber_Jack said:

This goes to my gripe about choosing home field advantage by the All-Star game, such a stupid rule.  

I think it's better than the prior method.  Alternating between the AL and NL with no other factors whatsoever was just as, if not more stupid. 

Just now, btq96r said:

I think it's better than the prior method.  Alternating between the AL and NL with no other factors whatsoever was just as, if not more stupid. 

Agreed, I think it should go to the team with better winning record.  I know they played different teams but at least it's a season performance measure, if its tied and they didn't play head to head, then use total runs scored.   

3 hours ago, Lumber_Jack said:

I'm just watching to see history.  Either way, a team that hasn't won since before 1950 gets a title.  I love baseball, but don't root for either of these teams

Historic lead off home run, apparently the first one ever in a World Series game 7.

- OS