I typically file for my stamps and forget about them.  When I get the call from my dealer, it is like Christmas time.  Well, I have 2 stamps that have been pending since mid august 2018, and I can not wait for them to be approved.  I called the other day to check, I was told the average time was 9 months but call back in another 4 weeks and they may be approved.  4 more weeks would put me over 12 months.  All I want is permission from the crown to take my items home that I paid to have!  Efile form 1s are at 30ish days...get it together with the form 4s, please!

• Like 1

I feel your pain. I just received on July 25th two paper Form 1s that were sent off in early December 2018. I am STILL waiting on another Form 1 that was sent the 1st week of September 2018. I called and asked about it since I got the ones that I sent in 3 months later and as of right now it still has not been assigned to an examiner...they  cashed my check and entered my finger prints on Sept 11 but it has essentially sat there for the last 10 months with no action taken...... They told me to give it a couple of weeks and call back.... 

I don’t have the patience to do that. There is no legitimate reason in the world for any of that to take more than a month. This is 2019; everything is done by computer, no one is walking around filing papers and sorting through records.

I filed one in early July, like 7/8/18, and got the call on July 1, 2019 the stamp had come in.  This was back when Silencerco had the BOGO last year.  The freebie just showed up LATE JUNE 2019 from Silenerco, so now the waiting period started early July 2019 for the freebie.  Horrible planning by the company IMO.

2 hours ago, DaveTN said:

I don’t have the patience to do that. There is no legitimate reason in the world for any of that to take more than a month. This is 2019; everything is done by computer, no one is walking around filing papers and sorting through records.

The govt shutdown put an extra month on there....and all the people that were trying to get their trusts approved before whatever deadline there was.... and the sheer volume of forms being filed now is exponentially more than 20 years ago.

I used to get stuff approved in under 90 days. But when the internet came along and more people realized that they COULD own this stuff and when the Gun Trusts became a thing it really supercharged the number of suppressors and SBR and SBS that are being registered or transferred. Back in the day NOBODY was registering SBRs. It was not much more $$$ to just buy a machine gun and put any barrel length on it . During the ban from 94-2004 a Preban AR might run you $1500 and a non colt M16 might be $1800-2000. But when machine gun prices got to where it was prohibitively expensive and a mere $200 was all that stood in the way of a MK18 Mod 1 setup which was now easy to source those parts then everyone and their brother filed a form 1 to make an SBR. And back in the day people at the range looked at you like you were some kind of "assassin" if you owned a suppressor...now it is almost "common" to see them at the range.

All those extra forms gotta get processed and the govt has never been in the efficiency business. 😉

• Like 1

I forgot to mention the 4-5 month wait time it took for the items to transfer to my dealer from out of state.   If it wasn’t my dream gun, it wouldn’t be so bad.