Jump to content
DaveTN

Sportsman's Warehouse Grand Opening

Recommended Posts

Looks like Sportsman's Warehouse has opened a new store in Murfreesboro. They are having a Grand Opening August 22-24.

I’ve seen some of there online ads, but never bought anything from them. Any comments on them?? :confused:

https://stores.sportsmans.com/sportsmans-warehouse/us/tn/murfreesboro/468-north-thompson-lane

Is Sportsman's Warehouse owned by Remington?

Edited by DaveTN
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A friend of mine told me about this. They opened last weekend, but Grand opening is August 22 like you said. They had police trade in Mossberg 500 shotguns for $129 Saturday. He actually stumbled on a 590 that was mixed in with the 500’s and they gave it to him for $129 because that’s what it was marked. He shopped at the Chattanooga location before and loved the store. He said they have trapping equipment for those interested. He explained it as being like a Dicks Sporting Goods with out all the non outdoorsman stuff. Can’t wait to check it out myself. Maybe this Saturday I’ll have time to run by. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, rugerla1 said:

He explained it as being like a Dicks Sporting Goods with out all the non outdoorsman stuff.

Yeah, the look and feel of the place is kinda like Dick's. Except they're not Dick's. 😉

 

I wouldn't necessarily drive hours each way to get there on a random Saturday, but might put in an hour each way for the Grand Opening. The knife counter at the one nearest me has a pretty good selection.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I went to the one in Chattanooga a couple months ago, prices are competitive (?) on reloading components IMO, might find some good deals but the selection was good compared to other places.  Even had some 8# jugs if that was on the shopping list.  Wondered briefly thru the fishing gear, good selection, also had lots of various hunting equipment such as deer stands, clothes, etc.,  saw some bows as well.  Can't say anything on prices on all the other stuff as I don't keep up with that.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I shop at the Chattanooga store quite often. I like it. Sometimes they will have different stuff than the Cabellas/Bass pro down the street.

unless they changed it since the last time I bought a gun there, they still offer layaway, and you can find good sale prices. If you’re looking for something special, they can order it.

I think it’s a good store. :up:

 

 

Edited by Wingshooter
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Wingshooter said:

I shop at the Chattanooga store quite often. I like it. Sometimes they will have different stuff than the Cabellas/Bass pro down the street.

unless they changed it since the last time I bought a gun there, they still offer layaway, and you can find good sale prices. If you’re looking for something special, they can order it.

I think it’s a good store. :up:

If they can order something and give me an estimated time for delivery; that would be cool.  Every LGS here will tell me they can order; but have no idea when it will come; if ever. So I use GAG or BUDS.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, DaveTN said:

If they can order something and give me an estimated time for delivery; that would be cool.  Every LGS here will tell me they can order; but have no idea when it will come; if ever. So I use GAG or BUDS.

I’m not sure about the estimated delivery time. They did find me the Colt SAA I wanted once when no one else could locate one, though. 

 

I use Buds a lot too...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, pop pop said:

Anyone know the address of the new store in Murfreesboro?

Link shows

468 North Thompson Lane
Murfreesboro, TN 37129

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There's been one in Chattanooga for years and years. Probably close to maybe 15 years at this point? Maybe more.

I like it. Personally, I like it more than Cabela's or Bass Pro, but we didn't have those in the area until about 2-4 years ago.

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, GlockSpock said:

I like it. Personally, I like it more than Cabela's or Bass Pro, but we didn't have those in the area until about 2-4 years ago.

 

I haven't spent time of time in our local one, but service seems better than is typical for a big retailer. Plus you have the advantage of that relatively giant supply chain (helps with ordering and whatnot).

Last time I was in, one of the guys at the gun counter said they were testing out buying and selling used guns at some of the locations.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Today's my 59th birthday, and I decided to go there to see if they have a Ruger Wrangler that I've been looking for since they were released. Yes, they did, and the advertised price was $199.99 so I picked up a two-toned model. I was taken aback by the fact that they required some form of government issued ID that had my current address on it. Neither my DL nor HCP have my new address on them so I ended up having to go get the registration out of the truck. The store manager, (I think), stopped me as I was walking out of the store asking if I found what I wanted and I remarked about their goofy rule and how I've never encountered that with any other weapon I've purchased. He said they were strictly following federal guidelines. Whatever....

I did find out that they give military/veterans a 10% discount by the clerk asking me if I was a veteran. Fortunately, I had my VA card as proof. The staff is friendly and the prices seemed competitive enough for me. They are still working through processes though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, E4 No More said:

Today's my 59th birthday, and I decided to go there to see if they have a Ruger Wrangler that I've been looking for since they were released. Yes, they did, and the advertised price was $199.99 so I picked up a two-toned model. I was taken aback by the fact that they required some form of government issued ID that had my current address on it. Neither my DL nor HCP have my new address on them so I ended up having to go get the registration out of the truck. The store manager, (I think), stopped me as I was walking out of the store asking if I found what I wanted and I remarked about their goofy rule and how I've never encountered that with any other weapon I've purchased. He said they were strictly following federal guidelines. Whatever....

I did find out that they give military/veterans a 10% discount by the clerk asking me if I was a veteran. Fortunately, I had my VA card as proof. The staff is friendly and the prices seemed competitive enough for me. They are still working through processes though. 

Have you purchased any other firearms from an FFL holder since your address change AND put your new address on your paperwork (as required)?

Because that is the law, according to the ATF. https://www.atf.gov/firearms/qa/what-form-identification-must-licensee-obtain-transferee-firearm

Other places may have missed it, but that doesn't mean the current place is wrong for abiding by the regulation.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, TomInMN said:

Have you purchased any other firearms from an FFL holder since your address change AND put your new address on your paperwork (as required)?

Because that is the law, according to the ATF. https://www.atf.gov/firearms/qa/what-form-identification-must-licensee-obtain-transferee-firearm

Other places may have missed it, but that doesn't mean the current place is wrong for abiding by the regulation.

Yes. Why would I put an invalid address down?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, E4 No More said:

Yes. Why would I put an invalid address down?

Sometimes people have a brain fart and put down their previous address.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, E4 No More said:

Today's my 59th birthday, and I decided to go there to see if they have a Ruger Wrangler that I've been looking for since they were released. Yes, they did, and the advertised price was $199.99 so I picked up a two-toned model. I was taken aback by the fact that they required some form of government issued ID that had my current address on it. Neither my DL nor HCP have my new address on them so I ended up having to go get the registration out of the truck. The store manager, (I think), stopped me as I was walking out of the store asking if I found what I wanted and I remarked about their goofy rule and how I've never encountered that with any other weapon I've purchased. He said they were strictly following federal guidelines. Whatever....

I did find out that they give military/veterans a 10% discount by the clerk asking me if I was a veteran. Fortunately, I had my VA card as proof. The staff is friendly and the prices seemed competitive enough for me. They are still working through processes though. 

Academy requires the address to be correct on the ID or have a valid alternative.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, E4 No More said:

Today's my 59th birthday, and I decided to go there to see if they have a Ruger Wrangler that I've been looking for since they were released. Yes, they did, and the advertised price was $199.99 so I picked up a two-toned model. I was taken aback by the fact that they required some form of government issued ID that had my current address on it. Neither my DL nor HCP have my new address on them so I ended up having to go get the registration out of the truck. The store manager, (I think), stopped me as I was walking out of the store asking if I found what I wanted and I remarked about their goofy rule and how I've never encountered that with any other weapon I've purchased. He said they were strictly following federal guidelines. Whatever....

I did find out that they give military/veterans a 10% discount by the clerk asking me if I was a veteran. Fortunately, I had my VA card as proof. The staff is friendly and the prices seemed competitive enough for me. They are still working through processes though. 

This is correct. It is the law. The addresses on the ID and on the 4473 must match. It is considered a violation if the ATF catches a discrepancy between the two in an audit. When I worked at a gun shop I helped plenty of folks fill out change of address forms online with the DoS so that we could print a copy to file with the 4473.

Edited by Chucktshoes
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/20/2019 at 6:31 PM, DaveTN said:

So I use GAG or BUDS

Who is GAG? Cant place it...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Enjoying Daddy Daughter day today just out shopping, eating, and riding around enjoying the day together. Talked her into going in to Sportsman’s Warehouse with me after telling her I’d buy her a hoodie since I was gonna get one for myself. Unfortunately they didn’t have much of a selection of them to my surprise. I was wanting a couple. I know they have more on the website but that’ll be a big seller soon. Anyway, I talked with the Remington, Leupold, and Hornady guys while I was there and bounced around to see what all they had. A lot archery and hunting supplies, reloading supplies, hunting boots and a bunch of camping equipment, even generators. Pretty cool store and I’m excited to go back when I have more time to creep slowly to see what all I missed today. I didn’t make it to the gun counter as it was packed. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We went.  It's a really nice store with plenty of room to walk / not jam packed.   Lots of great selection.  Very friendly staff.  Will definitely go back.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How are their ammo prices compared to Wal-Mart?

Do they sell WWB, and the cheap 250 round bulk packs?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


The Fine Print

Tennessee Gun Owners (TNGunOwners.com) is the premier Community and Discussion Forum for gun owners, firearm enthusiasts, sportsmen and Second Amendment proponents in the state of Tennessee and surrounding region.

TNGunOwners.com (TGO) is a presentation of Enthusiast Productions. The TGO state flag logo and the TGO tri-hole "icon" logo are trademarks of Tennessee Gun Owners. The TGO logos and all content presented on this site may not be reproduced in any form without express written permission. The opinions expressed on TGO are those of their authors and do not necessarily reflect those of the site's owners or staff.

Before engaging in any transaction of goods or services on TGO, all parties involved must know and follow the local, state and Federal laws regarding those transactions. TGO makes no claims, guarantees or assurances regarding any such transactions.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to the following.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines