Do you wear gun related clothing?

Do you wear shooting related clothes/ hats?  

130 members have voted

1. 1. Do you wear shooting related clothes/ hats?

• Yes, it's my everyday dress.
    • Yes, but only when going to the range or a gun related event.
    • No, because I don't have any.
    • No, I decided not to wear gun related clothes.

• Administrator
If it's on top of the pile in the drawer, or the first thing I grab out of the closet, I wear it wherever. Work, class, the dentist, doesn't really matter. Well, I don't wear when I'm going out on a date, but different rules apply there unless I'm taking her to the range. I guess that counts as a time I avoid wearing them?

Because no one will ever try to assault you while you're out on a date... right? :)

Guest GUTTERbOY
Because no one will ever try to assault you while you're out on a date... right? :)

What, do you think he's going to defend himself with a Glock T-shirt?

:)

Of course you won't get mugged while you're out on a date! All thugs and muggers, even in the worst of the DC ghetto are a gentleman at heart and would never ruin a couple's romantic evening with an act of violence. :)

I know that's true because Sarah Brady gave me some Kool-Aid and suddenly everything made sense.

In all seriousness, I just wear nicer clothes for such events. No sense scaring her off if she's an anti-gun type before I have a chance to convert her to the ways of freedom, inalienable rights, and the joy of superior firepower. :)

Guest db99wj
Of course you won't get mugged while you're out on a date! All thugs and muggers, even in the worst of the DC ghetto are a gentleman at heart and would never ruin a couple's romantic evening with an act of violence. :)

I know that's true because Sarah Brady gave me some Kool-Aid and suddenly everything made sense.

In all seriousness, I just wear nicer clothes for such events. No sense scaring her off if she's an anti-gun type before I have a chance to convert her to the ways of freedom, inalienable rights, and the joy of superior firepower. :)

Besides, on a date when she asks if that is a gun in your pocket or are you happy to see her, you can say, "No really, it is a gun...":D

Guest TackleberryTom

It seems to me that assuming criminals will single you out or direct attn to you because of what your clothing might say, is giving the criminals too much credit. Most of them probably can't read and probably are not real gun enthusiasts that would know all of the brand names or might think your Colt shirt was for malt liquor. Most criminals use terms like "gat" "cap in yo a$$" or might think a glock was some kind of timepiece. Besides all of that,, you are safe wearing what you want till at least noon when they all wake up.(cuz they don't have jobs) I say, wear your firearms stuff and wear it proud!! I advertise Colt 1911 everyday with a working model on display.

Guest Traumaslave

You darned bunch of red necks. ;):D I guess wearing camo means you have guns too? Everybody down here in the south has camo.;) I wear what small amount of logo stuff I have but, it is very limited due to the fact that I don't buy clothes that often and when I do it's for something special. And no, I don't own anything camo.:rolleyes:

No, i dont associate camo with someone wearing a gun, but i usually wear some East German Rain-Drop camo Jackets of which i have a full collection of gear, from the mag pouches to an assault vest!

Seems camo is in fashion, even for the little kids.

Guest mustangdave

Kinda sorta...I have a couple T shirts and ball caps...could always use more. I have more CAR related apparel though.

• 4 years later...

Thought I would blow the cobwebs off this one, do you wear gun related clothing?  For me, I only wear hats, here is my current collection of hats:

[/URL]">http://[URL=http://s963.photobucket.com/user/runco0318/media/hats_zps26281752.jpg.html]hats_zps26281752.jpg[/URL]

Guest copperhead_1911

I have shirts I really like that are gun and second amendment related. The fact they piss obama supporters off is just a bonus. 

2 t shirts, 1 says "DADD dads against daughters dating. Shoot the first one and the word gets around" 2nd says "Homeland defense begins with the second amendment" with a pic of a hand gun. Edited by 45guy

Cobwebs? This thread is so old the spiders don't hang around anymore.

I have an, "Am I the only one who didn't get any guns from the ATF?" shirt, an Appleseed T, a Browning logo shirt, a couple of NRA caps, and Gadsden flag tees. Wear 'em sometimes.

I enjoy wearing shirts from 5.11, ranger up, and other hunting and shooting companies. That's not all I wear but I would say that's about 50% of my wardrobe.

As a side note I do wear a Molon Labe bracelet daily, I get asked about it from time to time and it does lead to some respectful conversations. Edited by tennessee01tacoma

I would love to have a HI-Point sticker, put it beside my Kimber and Glock stickers.

And just because someone wears clothing for something doesn't mean they have it. I ride a Harley, you know how many people I see wearing Harley shirts, or even better OCC Shirts. You can look at some and tell they have never even touched an OCC bike let alone own one. My 11 Year old son has gun shirts, he doesn't carry...Much.

I would just have the High Point sticker, it might just keep someone from going to all the trouble of breaking into your vehicle just to steal a cheapo, maybe a Charter Arms sticker beside it.    :)

I'm a weirdo on this one. I don't like wearing any clothing with logos or expressions of my opinions, political or otherwise. My family members often get me 2A and anti-liberal type clothes and I can never bring myself to wear them.
Guest nra37922

I wear NRA shirts and I still have a W the President T shirt I wear occasionally.

Edited by nra37922

I have a couple.  I won't say that I always wear them, but I'll wear them on most days.  My favorite has a picture of an AR-15 on the front and back and the words "Come and take it" I've had several folks stop me to tell me they liked it, the response I've gotten has been 100% positive.  I don't worry about carrying while wearing gun shirts.  I will acknowledge that you may be giving up a small tactical advantage by wearing gun related clothing but it's one of the many risks that I take everyday.  To each his own.

• Moderators
I have a tan hat with the modernized Gonzales Flag (M4 with a star and "Come and take it" patch on the front.

Funny story, that hat earned me a free lane rental at Rangemasters. I was eating lunch with my daughter at chikfila and a guy comes up and compliments my hat, then hands me his business card with a free rental written on the back. Tells me I should come by his work. Pretty cool.