school shooting in Nashville at the Covenant School

FUJIMO

31 minutes ago, MPGlock said:

I can say as of the beginning of this school year, my son’s private Christian school has a retired, armed LEO there at all times students are in. But as stated previously, had to be paid for out of pocket. Well worth the increase in tuition this year if you ask me, would gladly have paid double!

I can’t officially comment on this in relation to TCS as I am not a spokesperson. But they were not ignoring that.  

6 hours ago, Snaveba said:

I know this is a slippery slope, and I don’t know where I stand on the issue right now. But if flagging her was possible, and if the law required that all gun transfers went through a background check, it would have been more difficult for her to get a firearm. 

Careful! you are turning liberal.

• Haha 1
6 hours ago, Snaveba said:

Now this becomes a medical/insurance treatment issue as well. And maybe (probably) that is really the bigger issue here that needs to be addressed. I feel fairly certain that “we” understand it was not the firearm that made this happen, it was the tool used. 

It's almost as if we should have some way for people to receive care even if they can't afford it.  Some type of I dont know, government-provided health care.

• Thanks 1
3 hours ago, Grayfox54 said:

What has become clear to me is that despite their liberal thinking, they can be very close minded and down right hateful to anyone who disagrees with them. They don't believe in live and let live. Many of them are of the opinion that if you disagree with them and they can't convert you, they would rather see you dead. Now that's scary.

Ironic lol.

• Haha 1
2 hours ago, E4 No More said:

I've never met one, but I'm 6'4" and 270lbs, so maybe they're reticent about it so they don't piss me off!

I was wondering where that statistic about doctors came from.  I don’t believe it, so I won’t be attempting to verify the claim. 

2 hours ago, TGO David said:

It's all about systematically disarming the people so that the people are powerless.  And most people won't believe that even though the justification for it is all over the global news every week, playing out in real-time for them.

I believe the powers that be would love to see the populace disarmed.  That being said, I’m not very concerned about it actually happening.

Simply sampling our community on TGO gives you a glimpse of the odds of nationwide mass noncompliance.  Also, you can look at the current uprisings in Israel and France as examples of standing up against a hostile government that are successful with the citizens using fires, rocks and protest. What could our government possibly achieve against an armed non compliant population in a federal gun grab?

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Grayfox54 said:

Politicians like gun control because its an illusion. It makes them appear to be trying to address a problem, when in fact it restricts the rights of the citizens. Which is the ultimate goal. 

Its much easier to blame an inanimate object than to try to deal with the much more complex problem of mental illness. Smoke and mirrors folks. That's all it is. 

I don’t believe politicians really care about gun control. Gun control is a dog chasing a car that it doesn’t want to catch. As long as there are cry’s  for gun control and outrage after a mass slaughter, politicians are satisfied. 

For example, it’s my opinion the dog caught the car on Roe, now those who benefited from calls to overturn the law are searching for something else to be profitably outraged about. If anti-gunners were to miraculously achieve their dream, that would be their undoing. It’s not like there are many politicians actually interested in governing. 

• Like 1

I thought we already had red flag laws of some sort. When cancer took my son a few years ago I was depressed of course, but I was too afraid to see and talk to a psychiatrist. I had no feelings of hurting anyone, I was and still am the one hurting, but was afraid of being reported as a severely depressed person. I’m fine but I think of him every day of course. It’s a large hole in your life.

• Like 1
  • Love 3
  • Sad 2
3 minutes ago, Links2k said:

I don’t believe politicians really care about gun control. Gun control is a dog chasing a car that it doesn’t want to catch. As long as there are cry’s  for gun control and outrage after a mass slaughter, politicians are satisfied. 

For example, it’s my opinion the dog caught the car on Roe, now those who benefited from calls to overturn the law are searching for something else to be profitably outraged about. If anti-gunners were to miraculously achieve their dream, that would be their undoing. It’s not like there are many politicians actually interested in governing. 

I feel the same way about the pharmaceutical industry. Why would they want you to get better ? That would mean you don't need them anymore lol.

• Like 3

Nothing is going to change. The democrats had control of the House and Senate and didn't do anything. They will continue to threaten us with gun control every time this happens. 

The Republicans will continue to blame mental health then refuse to actually allocate funds for more treatment. 

• Like 8
8 minutes ago, Erik88 said:

Nothing is going to change. The democrats had control of the House and Senate and didn't do anything. They will continue to threaten us with gun control every time this happens. 

The Republicans will continue to blame mental health then refuse to actually allocate funds for more treatment. 

That has been the recent trend but all trends end at some point.  

• Like 3
  • Moderators
Just now, Garufa said:

That has been the recent trend but all trends end at some point.  

My concern is that with the massive change of the caught car in another culture war battle, it has destabilized other fronts on the culture war. 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, BigK said:

You do realize governors only sign laws and veto laws, right? Has he vetoed a bill that would arm school teachers that I'm not aware of? He's not the scapegoat for this school shooting. Furthermore, when did he publicly say that he is no longer for arming school teachers? The timing and accuracy of your claims are tacky and inappropriate in my opinion.

I realize that more than most, but, he controls the Budget and that gives him power beyond all others, and, he has the slush fund, the overage of collected taxes. 

He wanted his version of so called Constitutional carry and he got it.  He controls the Departments as they work at his pleasure.  If he wants a thing, he gets a thing.

8 hours ago, TGO David said:

If you had the means to buy six or seven cars, would anyone really care about that?   Or pocket knives?  Or baseball bats?

All of those are things that you could kill a person with.  None would likely raise an eyebrow with most folks.  The media focuses on the guns because the politicians told them to, and the people who own the politicians told them to focus on guns.

It's all about systematically disarming the people so that the people are powerless.  And most people won't believe that even though the justification for it is all over the global news every week, playing out in real-time for them.

red pill GIF

Wifey and I were talking a few nights ago about Biden and obsession with the AR/Assault Rifle. My thought and response was this...Why does he want them gone? So the Chinese forces won't have a population that can defend themselves. That's what he's being paid to do. JMO

I told her to think about the line attributed to the Japanese as to why they didn't want a land assault on the US mainland...becasue there would be aman with a gun behind every rock and tree.

Biden and his controllers are trying to make that impossible with all these past and proposed firearms laws.

Edited by hipower
  • Like 1

Some folks are going to take this in a bad way...on either side.  I would just ask you to consider the following statement and my reasoning. 

The guns are why we have some of problems at the level we do, and that's a risk we're assuming as a society for the protection they offer.

We can talk about all the other things that can kill, but for the same reasons we want them for our own safety, guns are just efficient for those who want to do evil.  Put a modern gun into the hands of someone who is set to attack society, the potential for what we saw Monday is very easy to manufacture.  A knife or something else common but deadly can't come close to the ability a gun has to create death at scale.  And even some the worst people out there can't or won't participate in arm reach intimacy with violence; they need the simplicity and detachment using a gun brings as a stand off tool to perpetrate the act.  Guns may not be the root of problem, but they're the tool of choice for those who embody the problem.  American society has enabled that. 

It's the danger of risk in a cultural philosophy that wants the population to be able to engage a corrupt and hostile government with open force.  I'll mourn for those lost in this shooting and every shooting.  The random brutality of the is why they are taken is a tragedy with each one gone.  I'll even still say the risk we've seen and what may come isn't worth forcibly disarming the population to the point of disadvantage against our government's strength in force.  But I won't shy away from acknowledging guns enabled what we saw because we've made them easy to get for our own protection of liberty.

Edited by btq96r
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
3 hours ago, btq96r said:

Some folks are going to take this in a bad way...on either side.  I would just ask you to consider the following statement and my reasoning. 

The guns are why we have some of problems at the level we do, and that's a risk we're assuming as a society for the protection they offer.

We can talk about all the other things that can kill, but for the same reasons we want them for our own safety, guns are just efficient for those who want to do evil.  Put a modern gun into the hands of someone who is set to attack society, the potential for what we saw Monday is very easy to manufacture.  A knife or something else common but deadly can't come close to the ability a gun has to create death at scale.  And even some the worst people out there can't or won't participate in arm reach intimacy with violence; they need the simplicity and detachment using a gun brings as a stand off tool to perpetrate the act.  Guns may not be the root of problem, but they're the tool of choice for those who embody the problem.  American society has enabled that. 

It's the danger of risk in a cultural philosophy that wants the population to be able to engage a corrupt and hostile government with open force.  I'll mourn for those lost in this shooting and every shooting.  The random brutality of the is why they are taken is a tragedy with each one gone.  I'll even still say the risk we've seen and what may come isn't worth forcibly disarming the population to the point of disadvantage against our government's strength in force.  But I won't shy away from acknowledging guns enabled what we saw because we've made them easy to get for our own protection of liberty.

So to say this in fewer words, "Evil people doing evil things with tools that are easy to get". More kids are killed with cars than guns, yet we do not talk about cars the way we talk about guns.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

We can talk about "seeing into next week" and not catch the evil. I see putting LEO into every school as a GOOD step into the direction that will stop school shootings. Next step, allowing firearms in the school as protection with trained people to use the firearms.

• Like 8