What's So Special About . . .

• Moderators

Nah. I’ve been to plenty across the country. I’m well familiar with the immaculate condition of them. They’re that way in every single one I’ve ever visited. They’re not allowed to decay. Every location across the country is run at the same standard. 

• Like 3
  • Admin Team
18 minutes ago, Chucktshoes said:

Nah. I’ve been to plenty across the country. I’m well familiar with the immaculate condition of them. They’re that way in every single one I’ve ever visited. They’re not allowed to decay. Every location across the country is run at the same standard. 

It’s the chick-fil-a of gas stations 😂

• Like 2
  • Haha 4
10 hours ago, NoBanStan said:

As a kid, i thoguht it was "water burger".  But instead of asking, i just tried to puzzle out how anyone would enjoy a soaking wet burger and bun. A literal soup sandwich.

Haha, me too! 

10 hours ago, threeshot said:

I prefer Culver's burgers and milkshakes. For me, the unique favor of Culver's burgers paired with a Vanilla milkshake with fries tastes great to me.

I have not eaten a What-A-Burger nor In-n-Out burgers in order to compare with Culver's burgers.

in-n-out is legit. it's coming to nashville as well.

14 hours ago, Johnny Rotten said:

So your saying hovering mode is optional. 

Man, some of the public bathrooms in Italy and France were nothing but a ceramic plate in the floor with a hole in the center. They were not big believers in S traps either…🤮

3 minutes ago, OMCHamlin said:

Man, some of the public bathrooms in Italy and France were nothing but a ceramic plate in the floor with a hole in the center. They were not big believers in S traps either…🤮

Public urination is pretty common in both countries

It’s not Buc-ee’s, but I can’t come to Memphis and not sometimes hit this place for fried Gizzards and Livers or maybe the steak (CFS) sandwich. 
IMG_3100.jpeg.d276b6fec09600780e2865e3e283fb73.jpeg

Am I the only one who likes this old Memphis chain?

Edited by Snaveba
  • Like 2
  • Love 1
15 minutes ago, Snaveba said:

It’s not Buc-ee’s, but I can’t come to Memphis and not sometimes hit this place for fried Gizzards and Livers or maybe the steak (CFS) sandwich. 

Haha, haven't heard from Jack Pirtle's in a long time!

• Moderators
54 minutes ago, Snaveba said:

You ain’t the only one. 

41 minutes ago, Grayfox54 said:

We ate at Jack Pirtle's  quite a bit when I was a kid. It was good. 

But I think there's only one left in Memphis and its no where close to me. I haven't eaten there in years. 🙄

There’s still a few in the city that I know of.  Bellevue, Mt. Moriah and Highland locations for certain, maybe one more.  Usually stop on Mt. Moriah whenever I’m going home from the airport. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Snaveba said:

That one is on EP Blvd, south of Graceland. I’m working over near the Allen Fossil plant and had to run to FedEx by the airport. I had to have some livers and gizzards.  

Getting harder to find livers and gizzards done right. Only one spot here on the east side that I know I can go to and get top notch stuff.

5 minutes ago, FUJIMO said:

Getting harder to find livers and gizzards done right. Only one spot here on the east side that I know I can go to and get top notch stuff.

I haven't had any really good livers and gizzards since I lived in Siler City, NC in the '80s.  A volunteer fire department would cook gizzards and livers for a fundraiser.  All you could eat . . .

I think I'm gonna cry at the memory . . .😢

• Love 1
  • Haha 2
49 minutes ago, Links2k said:

There’s still a few in the city that I know of.  Bellevue, Mt. Moriah and Highland locations for certain, maybe one more.  Usually stop on Mt. Moriah whenever I’m going home from the airport. 

That one was on my way to and from the office back in the late 90’s when I lived in Memphis so I have eaten there a good bit. 

• Like 1
22 minutes ago, Luckyforward said:

I haven't had any really good livers and gizzards since I lived in Siler City, NC in the '80s.  A volunteer fire department would cook gizzards and livers for a fundraiser.  All you could eat . . .

I think I'm gonna cry at the memory . . .😢

Funny you mention NC as I just got wind there is a place in the far east carolina that does them both proper. I think there is a road trip in the near future.