Mass migration of illegals

36 minutes ago, Sleep profit said:

if you leave the gate open the cows will wander off  But if you intentionally leave the gate open you want the cow to wander off.   You can’t blame stupidity or laziness. It was intentional 

I agree with your logic and I use to live on a ranch and we had 100 head of cattle at times or more. And if you leave the gate open a few cows will wander off. After you put the cow back in the pasture using a Cattle Prod the cows learn not to go out the open gate. The Border Patrol and Ice have took these people back and put them back in their country and they have caught the same ones several times and took them back over and over. I suggest a Cattle Prod to teach them to stay home....jmho

• Like 3
1 hour ago, bersaguy said:

I hope that the 1500 National Guardsmen make the illegals think twice about coming here!!!!

Hell, the Guard is there to welcome and help take care of them. They aren't allowed to confront the illegals, so they get to be their keepers. 🤬

Edited by Grayfox54
  • Like 2

On local news tonight Lori Lighthead. Was complaining about illegals being sent to Chicago.   She said. they don’t have the infrastructure to deal with them.  But Chicago is a sanctuary city.   But in reality don’t want them.  

Edited by Sleep profit
  • Like 3

I can't figure if things are really worse now or if we're being manipulated by the media because the election cycle is starting. For at least 10 years, through multiple administrations, I've heard how bad the situation at the border is. No one has been able to fix it. I've seen people climbing the border wall so that apparently didn't do much good either. 

Edited by Erik88
2 hours ago, Erik88 said:

I can't figure if things are really worse now or if we're being manipulated by the media because the electric cycle is starting. For at least 10 years, through multiple administrations, I've heard how bad the situation at the border is. No one has been able to fix it. I've seen people climbing the border wall so that apparently didn't do much good either. 

So if you had your way, what is the fix to stop the mass border crossing if illegals.

9 hours ago, RED333 said:

So if you had your way, what is the fix to stop the mass border crossing if illegals.

I could fix it in a month. Require anyone employing anybody to do e-verify. Check potential employees just like they background check gun buyers. Anyone employing an illegal without contacting e-verify  gets one year in a federal prison. The illegals are coming here for work and government benefits. Cut out the work and free benefits and they will all go back to their home country. Lock up a handful of CEO's of big companies that employ illegals as an example and soon no one will take the chance of getting caught employing them. 90% of them would self deport within 30 days.

16 minutes ago, Eray said:

I could fix it in a month. Require anyone employing anybody to do e-verify. Check potential employees just like they background check gun buyers. Anyone employing an illegal without contacting e-verify  gets one year in a federal prison.

Unfortunately, the only way that would work would be if you also made it impossible for those people to get any kind of aid, essentially starving them, which would sure increase crime. I think the solution is obvious: seal the borders, and deport anyone who's here illegally. Previous posters have mentioned that the door is open, and I think it should be closed. But I sure don't blame poor people for wanting to come here where they can get lots of help and probably find work. I DO blame our government for letting illegal immigration get out of hand.

• Like 3

We can't even find Americans to do certain jobs and I'm supposed to be concerned about Jesus putting a new roof on my house? I recently paid a Hispanic guy to do landscaping work for me. I have no clue if he is here legally or not but he works his ass off and his price was great. I initially called a friend that has his own landscaping company but he didn't seem interested. Too busy I guess. 

The situation at the border is not even in my top 20 list of concerns. I can't do anything about it, and apparently neither can either party. As long as people in those countries can't find jobs at home they will continue to try coming here for a better future. This "crisis" will continue to come and go from the media cycle every time they need to fire up their base and incite outrage before an election. We're all being manipulated. We're supposed to believe these people are looking for a handout when the majority work harder than many Americans. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
40 minutes ago, Erik88 said:

We can't even find Americans to do certain jobs and I'm supposed to be concerned about Jesus putting a new roof on my house? I recently paid a Hispanic guy to do landscaping work for me. I have no clue if he is here legally or not but he works his ass off and his price was great. I initially called a friend that has his own landscaping company but he didn't seem interested. Too busy I guess. 

The situation at the border is not even in my top 20 list of concerns. I can't do anything about it, and apparently neither can either party. As long as people in those countries can't find jobs at home they will continue to try coming here for a better future. This "crisis" will continue to come and go from the media cycle every time they need to fire up their base and incite outrage before an election. We're all being manipulated. We're supposed to believe these people are looking for a handout when the majority work harder than many Americans. 

There are some people coming here for a handout, but it's so few of them that it's intellectually dishonest and lazy to lump them together.  Similarly, vilifying all illegal immigrants as drug mules and child sex traffickers is just a tool to dehumanize the whole group, so you'll hate them and think of them as the boogeyman. 

There's tons of good reasons to stop all illegal immigration. I just wish folks would remember that regardless of how people got here, they are human beings and most mean you no harm. They're just trying to make a better life for themselves. Who wouldn't do the same thing if you couldn't feed your family where you live?

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
34 minutes ago, BigK said:

There are some people coming here for a handout, but it's so few of them that it's intellectually dishonest and lazy to lump them together.  Similarly, vilifying all illegal immigrants as drug mules and child sex traffickers is just a tool to dehumanize the whole group, so you'll hate them and think of them as the boogeyman. 

There's tons of good reasons to stop all illegal immigration. I just wish folks would remember that regardless of how people got here, they are human beings and most mean you no harm. They're just trying to make a better life for themselves. Who wouldn't do the same thing if you couldn't feed your family where you live?

With my current career, I've been forced to work with a much larger, multi-national workforce. I'm a small town country boy... so it's definitely taken me out of my element.

Year after year, I partner with white collar knowledge workers from all over the globe. They jockey for position to be able to get a visa into the US. They work, they pay their taxes, they take on the culture and almost 99% of the time, they're sent back home (99% is probably high, but i rarely see them get to stay long term). Even IF they got to stay, it's luck of the draw based on a lottery and a green card is only about 15 years away.

Meanwhile, people cross the border illegally and our government wants them to stay.

Honestly, i'm not saying one is better than the other. If i lived under a brutal starvation government, surrounded by gangs and drugs... i would RUN LIKE HELL for the US border. But my point is to highlight just how stupidly broken our immigration system is. So I don't blame these people for coming over the border. I blame their government for making their lives so miserable that they have to. I also blame our government for using these people as pawns for control instead of going after their corrupt government and tellling them to pony-up

Edited by NoBanStan
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I believe that the majority of illegal immigration actually comes from people overstaying their work visa. @MacGyver might know if I'm wrong about this but that was my understanding from hearing that in the past. 

Edited by Erik88
  • Admin Team

I can post some on this later today.  Our immigration system is totally broken - and a lot of that frankly is by design.  I'm not sure what a path forward looks like in our current political environment.

• Like 1

I have worked with a lot of illegals over the years. The city I worked for used a lot of illegals for menial manual labor. They got them through one of those temporary worker agencies. But you ask How can a city (government) hire and use illegals? Simple, the contractor they were hired through absolutely swears they're legal and the City just takes their word for it. The city just  plays dumb in order to get cheap labor. 

I've talked with lots of them over the years. They freely admit to being here illegally. What's more is that most of them have absolutely no desire to become U.S. citizens. The general plan is to work in the U.S. for 10 -15 years. Save their money and go home to mexico or wherever and retire in comfort. 

Meanwhile they take advantage of everything our government gives them. Their kids go to our schools for free, they get food stamps and health care. But never pay any medical bills that this care might leave. They don't pay taxes. I've been told by them that as many as a dozen of them share the same fake social security number. Simply put, these people come here to make a lot more money than they can at home and use us for all they can get without giving us anything in return. 

One guy in particular worked with us in the city shop for about 8 years. Nice guy, good worker. We all liked him, but we hated what he represented. He started out as a clean up guy. Just pushing a broom. He finally talked the boss into letting him do simple stuff like oil changes. The guy had a knack for it and over the years, with our teaching, he became a pretty good mechanic. But then he started doing side work at home for his illegal friends. Before long, when he could make more money at home than working for us, he didn't bother to come in. Didn't even bother to call in. BTW: He got caught a deported 3 times while he worked for us. He was usually back in about 3 weeks. 

Some of you may recall his story from the news. One day the cops were serving a warrant.  By mistake, they went to his house when they should have been across the street. He answered the door drunk and had a gun in his hand. Police shot him dead on the spot. His wife ended up with a million dollar+ settlement and went back home to mexico. 

So don't tell me they're harmless and not to worry. I know better. 🤬

Edited by Grayfox54
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

About 8 or so years ago I was living in Greenbrier and I heard that Ice had made raid on the Hoover Vaccum Cleaner plant in Springfield plant. After the raid the plant had to shut down for about a month because they did not have enough people to operate the plant. ICE had arrested 58 people working at the plant illegally. They were all deported and told by a judge if they were caught back in the country Illegally they would spend time in prison. Last time I heard anything about the case a couple months later 3 of the 58 were caught working in a plant in Arkansas and ICE caught them and all 3 got 3 years in prison. After that the Feds pull the Teeth out of ICE Program and took away their power and they were ordered to get a warrant before a raid. By the time a warrant was received the bad guys where gone. That was about the same time that local police quit working with ICE and ICE would ask the police that had an illegal in jail and ICE would request they hold them till they could pick them up and when they got there the illegal had been released and was in the wind. It was shortly after that ICE was assigned to Border Patrol. It is a tough pill to swallow that a plant that had 74 employees and 58 of them were illegal. My Son-in-law uses temporary Help at times but he uses 1 agency and that Agency does full background checks on all employees and only has legal Green card people there.

• Like 1
6 hours ago, Eray said:

I could fix it in a month. Require anyone employing anybody to do e-verify. Check potential employees just like they background check gun buyers. Anyone employing an illegal without contacting e-verify  gets one year in a federal prison. The illegals are coming here for work and government benefits. Cut out the work and free benefits and they will all go back to their home country. Lock up a handful of CEO's of big companies that employ illegals as an example and soon no one will take the chance of getting caught employing them. 90% of them would self deport within 30 days.

Sounds good, but how many Americans are going to pick produce for the wages farms are paying immigrants?  There is a farm worker shortage.  If farmers were able to pay the wages necessary to get Americans to work on a farm all day, that cost would certainly be translated to higher food costs for all. 

I don’t have any answers. I simply know that our government and society needs immigrants to continue doing the work they’ve done for ages to sustain our economy and keep America fed.

Outside of small family operations, very few medium and large operations can or desire to function without an immigrant work force. It’s like another member mentioned, the government knows, but the government also knows the migrant worker is a necessary evil, so we look the other way. 

• Like 3

They get employed on a lot of construction jobs, especially in the wastewater field, because most Americans do not want to work down in a sewer manhole. The ones I've been around are hard workers and pleasant to be around. I never asked them, their legal status, but since most every crew had a guy that could translate English to Spanish and pass on instructions to the ones that didn't speak English, I suspect a lot of them were illegal.

• Like 1
16 hours ago, RED333 said:

I know the question was not directed at me, but I’m going to opine that extremely harsh and immediate measures be instituted on ALL US borders, it’s the only way to tell illegals that after decades of literally ENCOURAGING illegal border crossings, we are stopping, NOW. Finish the border wall, design and implement additional ones where needed. Then erect another wall 200 meters inside the first one. Then create a raked sand, no vegetation zone in between. Then post signage on both sides. The signs should read; DANGER MINES! 
Then make the signs true, seed that 200 meters FULL of anti personnel mines the entire length of every US border.
Sound harsh? Good. Do it up north, too.