Close Call

Do you need a number for a good lawyer? My hunting partner just got a decent settlement from a wreck he was in a few years back. They offered to pay for the truck and 12k. The insurance paid him for the truck within days. A lady on her cell phone lost control, got airborne, and hit him head on. Luckily she was in the air and went over him. It cut her car in half. The first thing he looked at when they got his truck opened up was the kids car seats upside down. No kids were in the car at the time, but I think that messed him up more the the injuries. I'll be happy to get his number. 

I am not sure if there is anyway to really prove who is at fault. No video. I am sure he will say he was on the shoulder. The only thing for sure is that she hit him. We are waiting on the police report and will go from there. 

• Like 1

Hindsight is always 20/20 but dash cams are a great tool. Within a few months of moving back to Nashville, and driving into downtown on a regular basis for work, I installed a dash cam just to protect myself from the craziness on I40! At least I'll have video if I ever need it.

Cars can be replaced, family members can't!

• Like 1

Prayers with you guys KahrMan. Glad she made it.

We just lost a 29 YO great nephew who was a victim from a senseless road rage incident. Totally sad outcome for him. Wasn't wearing a seat belt and got ejected. other 2 guys minor injuries.  You guys better wear them. 

• Like 1

My daughter’s boyfriend wrecked his car recently. Caught the edge of the road and was pulled into the ditch. He was wearing his seatbelt and ended up with a broken foot and a piece of shrapnel though his hand. His best friend wasn’t wearing his seatbelt and ended up with a broken leg, broken pelvis and a concussion.  

Just saw this and wish to express how glad I am that she was not seriously injured.  I too have gotten the Dad's nightmare call of an accident in the night.  I have also conducted more "Next of Kin" notifications than I care to remember.  Your family has been blessed.

• Like 1
On 7/30/2023 at 8:17 PM, derf said:

As an old EMT I can tell you that the hand of god was on her. Walking away from that is a miracle. So glad she wasn’t seriously injured. May be time for me to get a new IPhone. 

Ditto

i have pulled way to many out of vehicles like that and placed them in a body bag

no doubt the Lord was riding with her. Glad she is going to be ok

• Like 1