After reading Guns N Ammo do you unload?

NRA

Just read Decembers Guns N Ammo and one article said how "you should always" unload you pistol every time you set it down. Is this just another case of CYA or do people really unload and lock up every time you set your gun down for the day? Just wondering what you all do.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

An unloaded gun is useless. I leave my carry gun loaded, but in the safe I do not load them (this is a concern about fire, not safety, I dont want the ammo to blow up in a fire). Its a common sense thing... if you have kids around, or stupid people, unloaded is good or put it back on until you can stick it under your pillow or something. I have no kids and there better not be anyone else in my house anyway except my wife, so mine stays loaded. In addition, we know they are loaded (hers and mine) so we know not to run around with em or pick them up and pull the trigger or any other dumb stuff. The magazine has to assume the worst case... stupid folks around who could play with the gun... so they say unload it, they must say this or risk lawsuit for giving bad advice or who knows what else.

I had my mind the in the gutter reading the thread title. :lol:

For the record some guns are loaded some are not.

I never set down loaded gun at the range.

I can see that now, some of the centerfolds are very sexy!

my edc is always chambered and holstered. When I take it off the holster goes with it, the gun does not come out of the holster to take it off my person. A couple of others are chambered for sure but locked up.

for the sake of safety I assume every piece I own is chambered.

An unloaded gun is about as useful as a rock.

Mine are always unloaded. I'm not in the cool group :lol:

Me neither.

All mine are unloaded except my EDC which is never out of reach. It only leaves my hip when showering and sleeping. Even then, it's within arms reach. The rest are in my cabinet.

Now, ALL my magazines are loaded and stored next to the gun they go to.

my edc is always chambered and holstered. When I take it off the holster goes with it, the gun does not come out of the holster to take it off my person. A couple of others are chambered for sure but locked up.

for the sake of safety I assume every piece I own is chambered.

An unloaded gun is about as useful as a rock.

Same here,

the only time my guns are not loaded is when they are getting cleaned or I just emptied them at the range.... and that don't last long.

Guest TresOsos

Like Mike.357 my edc is, in this case cocked and locked and in it's holster. My around the house placements are loaded, the guns locked in the safe however are not. However I always treat any gun as if it's loaded.