M&P. What would you choose?

TN-popo

I have the opportunity to get a NIB M&P at a very reduced cost. Most any 9mm, .40, or .45 (not the VTAC models, though).

I don't really need this M&P, but I can't pass up this price. And, adding to the collection is never a bad thing. :)

So, just for giggles, what would you get?

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest NashvegasMatt

.40 cal. is a service model cal. for a reason... reliable FPS is excellent with most brands, and a little less kick than the ACP. My XD was in .40 and I wouldn't have traded it for anything.

Guest NashvegasMatt
Every .40 S&W I have ever shot has considerably more recoil than the .45 ACP.

I have the 9c and the 45c. Both are outstanding weapons.

you've shot .45 out of a polymer? out of my 1911 I'd agree, but not out of a m&p or xd

Every .40 S&W I have ever shot has considerably more recoil than the .45 ACP.

Everyone will agree. I do like 40 because if the recoil is harder, the round hiting the target is harder to though.

I would choose the M&P 45C, because I hate 45 Glocks. I have been impressed with the one I have handled. I just like 9's and 40's in my glocks and nothing else.

Edited by Patton

It depends on what it is mainly going to be used for and if you are buying your own ammo. If you have to buy your own ammo I would get it in 9mm. It shoots just as well as any other calibers and you can do it cheaper. For a range gun shooting 9mm makes those long range sessions easier as well. And if you decide to carry it you are not going to be undergunned.

I am a fan of 9mm for cost savings as well as capacity and recoil. My wife and I carry several guns in 9mm and don't feel undergunned. She carries a PF-9 and manages recoil well. I split my carry duties between a full size 1911 in 45 and a full size Taurus 24/7 in 9mm.

Dolomite

I chose both the fullsize and the compact in .40.

Dave, which one did you get first? I bought my full size 40 several years ago before Smith was doing the "X-Grip" extention offering for the compact. If I was buying today I would get the compact since the X-Grip allows the best of both worlds of a carry capacity and a HD capacity/better grip.

• Administrator
I have the opportunity to get a NIB M&P at a very reduced cost. Most any 9mm, .40, or .45 (not the VTAC models, though).

I don't really need this M&P, but I can't pass up this price. And, adding to the collection is never a bad thing. :lol:

The favorite of my three is still my M&P 40. I carry it more than the M&P 45 because of round count. I carry it more than the 9mm because if I'm going to carry a 9mm I am going to carry the Glock 19. I blame you for that one. :)

Dave, which one did you get first? I bought my full size 40 several years ago before Smith was doing the "X-Grip" extention offering for the compact. If I was buying today I would get the compact since the X-Grip allows the best of both worlds of a carry capacity and a HD capacity/better grip.

I bought them both at the same time. I previously had purchased a full size when they first hit the market, sold it and bought a compact, and then sold it. I wanted them back and bought both because they were on sale and I also got an additional discount for buying both.

If I could only have one it would be the full-size. 15 rounds of .40S&W is devastating in a size that still can be concealed (for a large handgun). The compact is smaller, but it’s the thickness and the grip length that make for concealability, not the barrel length. So I think if I was going to have the same thickness and grip length as a full-size; I would opt for the longer barrel.

I thought I would carry the compact more than I do. But it (or any of the Tupperware guns in that size) isn’t really what I consider highly concealable. I carry a J-frame or I just got a Kahr MK40 for that role. I haven’t carried the Kahr yet though because I haven’t got holsters for it yet.

I’ll add this, as unpopular as it is on here. :)

I wanted the magazine disconnect on mine. With my experience working the streets I see it as a feature or a tool rather than the way it is perceived by many as a safety. But my dealer said he didn’t stock any because most of his customers didn’t want it. I still want it and may at some point sell mine to get it on both of mine.

It depends on what it is mainly going to be used for and if you are buying your own ammo. If you have to buy your own ammo I would get it in 9mm. It shoots just as well as any other calibers and you can do it cheaper. For a range gun shooting 9mm makes those long range sessions easier as well. And if you decide to carry it you are not going to be undergunned.

I am a fan of 9mm for cost savings as well as capacity and recoil. My wife and I carry several guns in 9mm and don't feel undergunned. She carries a PF-9 and manages recoil well. I split my carry duties between a full size 1911 in 45 and a full size Taurus 24/7 in 9mm.

Dolomite

Dolomite says it better than I could. I totally agree. really would like a 45c, but for all purpose use, I'd have to go with the 9.

I'd go with the standard M&P 9mm or the M&P 9c. The M&P 45c is very comfortable in hand and was a nice gun to use as well. I've had the good fortune to put round's through these examples and am considering the purchase of an M&P 9 as well as the M&P 22.

I don't really need this M&P, but I can't pass up this price. And, adding to the collection is never a bad thing. ;)

.40 or 9mm for me. Depending on if it was just a toy gun or adding to the collection. Knowing myself, my first M&P will be .40 as all my guns are .40.

Personally I'd go for the 9mm because I don't want to expand to Yet Another Caliber, so it's going to be either the 9mm or the .45. I already own a full sized XD45, so I'd either go for the full sized 9mm or the compact one. Depends on how the compact feels in my hand.

Okay, right now I wouldn't get either, but that's because I'm going to be paying college tuition for one daughter for the next 4 years, and as soon as she graduates the next one will start her freshman year, so barring trades what I have is what I have.;)