Are there snipe in Tennessee?

A few people I know were telling me about taking about "snipe hunting," and wanted to take me since I've never heard of it; but the way they described it to be sounded as if they intend to take me way out in the woods and ditch me in the middle of the night. Like a prank. Hmmmm, I know what a snipe is, but are there even any in Tennesse?

Yes snipe are around.. I have seen them around the edge of the river while duck hunting. Now you dont want to go at night nor need a sack.. But if you do go one night and take a sack let me know how it went. I can hook you up on a guided cow tipping adventure...

• Admin Team

Some of my fondest childhood memories are snipe hunting in MS...late at night until the wee hours.

I didn't realize there were any in TN. I have a few friends I need to take snipe hunting.

Burlap bags just aren't as easy to find anymore...

You can substitute a pillow case in a pinch. Just make sure you use a scent blocker and don't tell your wife.
  • Like 1

Ha ! Yup , hold the sack and make sure you only have WHITE SOCKS ON , Snipe will stray from any color but white and when running in a ditch will see your socks or shoes first. If the sack was from Kroger or similar be sure since it was more than likely plastic that it NEVER had any fruit or vegetables in it ; it's a dead giveaway you don't know what your doing to the snipe siblings ( which are always behind the mother or leader ). White is also a great wick for toe stank , the first thing Snipe find low to the ground running ditches. When your guide tells you to shake the sack he ain't kidding , it's that or loose some toes. They have BIG TEETH , I am missing a toe to attest to it , I was missing the White socks !