Season 4

Oh Shoot

I loved it..

And I really thought  he was dead. The part where Carl was trying to shoot his dad but could not.. ohhh.. how emotional..

Any emotionalness on my part was somewhat soured by knowing that Rick certainly wasn't dead and thinking "You dumbass, Rick. You're asking for a bullet".

• Like 1

Internet chatter about the survivors and who will live and who will die.  The show revolves around Rick and Rick is there for Carl.  So chances of either of those two charactors meeting an end are small if not zero.  Same would apply to Daryl, he has a huge fan following. 

Carl feels that his dad (Rick) has let him and others down.  When the virus went global to Rick's arrival at the quarry, Shane protected Carl and Lori.  Last night's episode showed that Carl thought he was man enough to go out alone and had his butt handed to him.  If we look back at Carl, he has not been in hand to hand fight with a Walker, he always had a rifle or that Berretta.  Since leaving the prison, the Berretta runs out of ammo, Carl feels defenseless.

As for Michone, there was hints of this development sine the birth of Judith and now we saw her past.  She goes back to old ways of "pet" Walkers, but find herself around a herd of Walkers.  Walkers have developed a herd-like mentality and will follow a Walker that looks to have a purpose.  Michone can't go back to way it was (pre-prison life).  She had seen Rick/Carl's tracks earlier, I assumed she did not follow due to Rick was limping and his tracks may have looked like the Walker shuffle.

I find it harder and harder to suspend disbelief as one scene the walkers are tearing people open with their bare hands and in the next, they are being decapitated by a slightly warm Hershey bar. Plus many of the other things which just plain don't make sense.
[quote name="tnguy" post="1109090" timestamp="1392087536"]I find it harder and harder to suspend disbelief as one scene the walkers are tearing people open with their bare hands and in the next, they are being decapitated by a slightly warm Hershey bar. Plus many of the other things which just plain don't make sense.[/quote] At least in all the zombie books I've read, the more fresh the zombie corpse, the more intact and stronger the bodies are. The older the zed corpse, the more fleshy, slimy, decrepit they are. Maybe thats why some are tougher/stronger than others?

At least in all the zombie books I've read, the more fresh the zombie corpse, the more intact and stronger the bodies are. The older the zed corpse, the more fleshy, slimy, decrepit they are. Maybe thats why some are tougher/stronger than others?

Well, ya had Rick telling Carl the zed in the roadhouse was "weak", but that was the only one an ax to the head hasn't killed yet. :)  Then again, ole Rick was pretty weak at that point too.

But yeah, really, if you're gonna postulate a crazy fiction, you need to be consistent with the "rules". That and the woefully unrealistic gun play throughout have been TWD's biggest downsides.

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot
  • Like 1

Well, ya had Rick telling Carl the zed in the roadhouse was "weak", but that was the only one an ax to the head hasn't killed yet. :)  Then again, ole Rick was pretty weak at that point too.

But yeah, really, if you're gonna postulate a crazy fiction, you need to be consistent with the "rules". That and the woefully unrealistic gun play throughout have been TWD's biggest downsides.

- OS

I agree.

Seems like the ax went deep enough to kill the "weak" zed. Apparently not.

That failed zombie killing is a scene straight out of the comic book; I think it showed that they had got complacent while protected in the prison when zombies were more of a nuisance than a threat anymore.  Of course, according to the CDC guy, supposedly only one small part of the brain re-animates, yet almost any head trauma seems to take them out.

They should have left out that dialogue in the CDC, or come up with some other explanation as to why just about any type of head shot incapacitates a walker.  That is, until this episode, in which both Rick and Carl fail to stop a zombie with a head blow (I believe one of Carl's shots seemed to actually hit the zombie who took his shoe, but it glanced off the side of his head or something).

I'm not really complaining, but I think it was one of those things they could have left out, or just simplified to, "part of the brain re-animates, so you must destroy the brain."  

Time for that Jeff Cooper quote again

I suppose nothing can be done about the erroneous assumption that hand held fully automatic fire is somehow more efficient than aimed fire. As I used to demonstrate, when I had a teaching job, quick semi-automatic fire is far more likely to produce results than bursts. Thus the preoccupation of the Feds with the idea that is it somehow an offense against God and man to convert a semi-automatic weapon to a fully automatic capacity is simply a manifestation of ignorance. If a man is shooting at me, I would much prefer that he were on full auto than carefully holding and squeezing. The automatic option is the greatest encourager of the spray-and-pray technique, which I have long done my best to discourage

Its going to get interesting. While I haven't read all the graphic novels I am in the process and I have read up to the point of where the group gets to the prison. New characters are coming, possible spoilers http://moviepilot.com/posts/2014/02/13/the-walking-dead-preview-abraham-eugene-and-rosita-1238100?utm_source=fb-channel-top-tv-series&utm_medium=facebook&utm_campaign=the-walking-dead-preview-abraham-eugene-and-rosita&subscribe_to=1238100#!vK3Gz

Its going to get interesting. While I haven't read all the graphic novels I am in the process and I have read up to the point of where the group gets to the prison. New characters are coming, possible spoilers http://moviepilot.com/posts/2014/02/13/the-walking-dead-preview-abraham-eugene-and-rosita-1238100?utm_source=fb-channel-top-tv-series&utm_medium=facebook&utm_campaign=the-walking-dead-preview-abraham-eugene-and-rosita&subscribe_to=1238100#!vK3Gz

Interesting. It would definitely be a good time to bring some new characters in. Would seem that at a minimum one of the groups will need some outside help to fight off the hordes outside the prison.
The story needs to take a new turn. Exploding zombies or zombies that remember who they are or something.

OTOH, what are the odds that the baby is going to carry the cure for the disease? As long as they don't go for the old sci-fi cliche of the fast-growing baby. I groaned when they did that with Stargate,

The story needs to take a new turn. Exploding zombies or zombies that remember who they are or something.

OTOH, what are the odds that the baby is going to carry the cure for the disease? As long as they don't go for the old sci-fi cliche of the fast-growing baby. I groaned when they did that with Stargate,

You mean Falling Skies?

Yeah, I wasn't digging that either.

Yeah, that's the first time I ever saw it done also and it was a stretch then. Every time it's been used since has been one time too many.

Ah, I just remembered which one I was trying to remember. Though I did groan at the Stargate one, I thought maybe we were going to avoid it in "The 4400" and about banged my head against the wall when they actually did it. Edited by tnguy