1.  Single stack or double stack as EDC?  why, and was that a factor in deciding.

2.  I have never tried a "crossbreed style"  IWB holster.  If  I do, will I just love it?  I have a desantis sof-tuck that I carry my xd9 sc in that I think is pretty comfortable.  I also carry a xds9 in a galco tuck-n-go, that I do not like quite a much as the desantis.   Thanks

On my carry guns i go back and forth between single and double stack guns based on the cloths and the weather.  My decision is more comfort based.  I can conceal the shield behind much more comfortable clothing in the hotter months.

My carry varies from .380 pocket carry to double stack .45 based on dress, where I'm going, how deeply I need to conceal. The .45 is a Springfield XDc in a Galco King-tuk. Similar in design to the supertuck. I like it a lot based on comfort and price.
  • Like 1

single stack, and yea, it was a factor, a negative one but to get the size I wanted, the space had to come from somewhere.

Pocket carry here so holster type is not something I can say much about.

Edited by Jonnin
  • Like 1

Wheel, mostly.  With the exception of my P3AT that I sometimes carry (although rarely - it has been mostly replaced by a j-frame but is so flat that it sometimes works even where the j-frame wouldn't) if I carry a semi-auto the only reason - or, at least, the main one - is due to the greater ammo capacity.  For me, if I am going to carry a gun that only holds a couple more rounds than a revolver then I'd rather carry the revolver.  So, for me, that means I prefer double stack or at least what I guess you would call 1 1/2 stack.  I can't really carry IWB in much of any configuration so if I belt carry it is OWB where the width doesn't matter, as much.  I did make a leather/kydex IWB hybrid holster, once, just to try the style (with a CZ 82) and I hated it.  Like I said, though, I pretty much hate IWB carry, in general, so I am not the best person to speak to that.

Edited by JAB

I think I am going to try the Alien gear as well.

It looks like a great deal. I'll find out in a month or so. They are 4-6 weeks out but most everyone else is more unless you find one used. I'm not much up for used things that go under my pants. :)

The alien gear IWB holsters look like a heckuva deal. I've made a couple for myself and their pricing makes it hard to justify the expense and effort of doing it yourself. I just like tinkering - when I have time.

I go single stack subcompact if I need deep concealment, with a spare mag in a pocket on the opposite side. Otherwise, when I need concealment but can cover it, I carry double stack compacts IWB. If you find the right spot you can forget you have it on. Of course it depends some on the gun too. I prefer the double stack because 10-14 rounds in the mag is a lot quicker than reloading in the rare instance you may need to with less capacity. If, like most wheel gun guys, you feel that 5 or 6 are enough, then there's no reason to go double stack and you can wear it even more comfortably IWB.

The hybrid holsters are awesome because they are wide and spread the weight distribution. They don't tend to drag my pants down as much and they won't rotate like the ones with just a single clip. Also, the leather backing on them comes up behind the back of the slide and beavertail so that it won't dig into your side and protects it from sweat .

1. Depends on the level of concealment and the temp. If it's really hot or I need deep concealment, it's the 380 in my pocket. If not, the double stack .45 on my belt.

2. I haven't tried a lot of IWB holsters, but the Crossbreed I have is pretty comfortable. That said, the gjohnsoniv made OWB I have is more comfortable.
I tend to pocket carry or OWB carry a Shield 90% of the time, the rest of the time it is a revolver. Before the Shields I carried mostly Glocks. I never could do the IWB holsters all day everyday.

I bought a Crossbreed for my PT709. Just didn't work for me. Not the holsters fault, just my body.

I carry the PT709 ( single stack ), in a nylon holster in my front pocket ( Tru Spec Pants ) , lots of room there.

When I OWB carry, I use an IMI ( Israel made ) with my Walther PPQ 40 S&W.

My preference is double stack when it works with what I'm wearing, etc.

I always carry IWB, so when it comes to concealing for me grip length is more of an issue than thickness, and I shoot better with double stacks.

So I prefer the XD9sc, M&P9c, or G26 with the G26 hiding best.

For a minimal gun the P3AT with clip and mic holster is very hard to beat concealibility wise Edited by Refleks

I thought the hybrid holsters were such a good idea that I made a Kydex press and bought all the tools/hardware/materials to make them. I can't make myself one for less, even if I don't count my time/effort.

Regardless, I find an OWB pancake style holster to be most comfy. I can carry my CZ P-01 all day in one and it's more comfy than my XD-S in an IWB holster.

Edited by BigK

1.  Single stack or double stack as EDC?  why, and was that a factor in deciding.

2.  I have never tried a "crossbreed style"  IWB holster.  If  I do, will I just love it?  I have a desantis sof-tuck that I carry my xd9 sc in that I think is pretty comfortable.  I also carry a xds9 in a galco tuck-n-go, that I do not like quite a much as the desantis.   Thanks

I carry the XDS9 and the XDS45 in a crossbreed holster and it has been very comfortable.