So I guess Target is out!

Bullseye: Target Takes Aim at Gun Owners, Bars Firearms in Stores
Target, whose logo is a bullseye, doesn't want gun-owners bringing firearms into its stores -- even where it is legal to carry. Interim CEO John Mulligan sent a note to employees to outline the retailer's policy on the "open carry" of firearms in stores, according to the company's blog Abullseyeview.com. "Starting today we will... respectfully request that guests not bring firearms to Target—even in communities where it is permitted by law." Individual states allow residents to carry concealed handguns with varying restrictions and permit requirements. Mulligan said in the note that bringing firearms to Target "creates an environment that is at odds with the family-friendly shopping and work experience we strive to create."
Edited by SWJewellTN

I noticed the term "open carry" when I read it earlier as well.  I think they are basically saying, don't come in and be a douchebag even if "open carry" is legal in your state.  I am curious if there is anything specific about concealed carry. 

Edited by Hozzie
  • Like 5

I noticed the term "open carry" when I read it earlier as well.  I think they are basically saying, don't come in and be a douchebag even if "open carry" is legal in your state.  I am curious if there is anything specific about concealed carry. 

Hope you are right and no gun buster signs,

Ah who needs a gun now that you can carry a claymore on your back? I bet it won't be long before some goober carries a longsword into Starbucks. But that's another thread....

I do love how these business aren't "banning" guns in their stores but rather "respectfully requesting" that you don't bring them in.

• Like 1

Target, Chipotle, Chili's, Starbucks - all have "respectfully" requested that patrons not bring firearms inside. No bans; no posting signs, nothing. So, really, nothing has changed. My theory is that they did what they did to get the Moms Who Don't Get Any Action off their backs, and it worked like a charm.

Let them think they've won. They're more likely to underestimate us.

• Like 11

Well, except for the fact that it goes against the grain of the Constitution and the right to bare arms plus it goes against the legal codes of the states that do allow a person to legally carry a firearm concealed or otherwise it doesn't bother me one bit that Target were Gun Free Zone because I have only been in one of their stores one time and was looking for their fishing section and I was informed they didn't have one so never went back and don't ever plan to plus adding that target is owned by a French Corporation located in France.................jmho

• Like 2
  • Moderators
Here's the thing, in reality, they did nothing at all. They did the exact same thing as Starbucks and Chipotle. They released a statement asking customers to leave their guns at home. The focus of which is directed at asshats like Open Carry Texas and others walking around with rifles. What is important to take note of is what they didn't do.(just like Starbucks and Chipotle) That is post their locations against carry. Moms Demand Action From Bloomberg gets to crow about a victory while normal folks will continue to go about their business and carry into Target like we always have before. Target gets to go about their business of selling stuff to folks who don't like going to Walmart instead of being used as a pawn by both sides of a debate they couldn't give a shit about. If we 2A folks really want to do ourselves a favor we would stop dragging innocent 3rd parties into it. This isn't a zero sum, with us or against us fight. Let MDAFB make asses of themselves instead of helping them accomplish their goals by being egotistical dickwads. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
  • Like 10
  • Moderators
[quote name="bersaguy" post="1164599" timestamp="1404323785"] plus adding that target is owned by a French Corporation located in France.................jmho[/quote] Target was founded in Minneapolis, MN in 1902 and is still headquartered there. It is not, and never was owned by any French entity. There is a longstanding joke about Target being a French store and pronouncing the name as Tar-jhay. That has more to do with joking about Target being more upscale than Walmart when in reality they are both mass market, big box discount retailers. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
  • Like 2

Well, except for the fact that it goes against the grain of the Constitution and the right to bare arms plus it goes against the legal codes of the states that do allow a person to legally carry a firearm concealed or otherwise it doesn't bother me one bit that Target were Gun Free Zone because I have only been in one of their stores one time and was looking for their fishing section and I was informed they didn't have one so never went back and don't ever plan to plus adding that target is owned by a French Corporation located in France.................jmho

You get the Run-On Sentence Award today! Congratulations!
  • Like 4

"Starting today we will... respectfully request that guests not bring firearms to Target—even in communities where it is permitted by law."

As opposed to a French company located in....? :)

Edited by SWJewellTN

You get the Run-On Sentence Award today! Congratulations!

As opposed to a French company located in....? :)

And they actually took no stand at all on bare arms, short sleeves are still welcome there.

- OS

• Like 3

It's hilarious how the over-zealous nutjobs on OUR side are causing us more trouble lately than the over-zeolous nutjobs on THEIR side. WTF good can come of toting rifles into a big box retail store to cause a scene...just because you can?

• Like 6

It's hilarious how the over-zealous nutjobs on OUR side are causing us more trouble lately than the over-zeolous nutjobs on THEIR side. WTF good can come of toting rifles into a big box retail store to cause a scene...just because you can?

Are you sure they are on our side, or actually working for the pipsqueak's mommies?

• Like 2