Just had a Burger King manager want to fight me

So... you're saying that $15/hr may be a little much to pay the BK and Walmart crowd as a minimum? :) You can have cheap, fast, and good, but you can't have all 3.

I bet they'd be happy to get a raise up to $15/hr. While I sometimes think we expect a bit much from folks "behind the counter", bad customer service is far too common. People just don't care anymore.

What burger king was it? And if you want pm me the managers name. I enjoy making myself a pain in the ass. I bet he only invites me inside once. I can't stand rude people, especially when they are the ones in the wrong. You should went in like you said. Maybe he woulda heen stupid enough to hit you and then you could own a burger king.

Video is required. :)

They should know better than to mess with Gordon. I can see it now, next week that former manager will be sitting in the unemployment office wondering what the heck happened.

I doubt that. If there were repercussions people wouldn’t do that. They know no one is going to do squat but offer him a free Whopper with cheese.

I doubt that. If there were repercussions people wouldn’t do that. They know no one is going to do squat but offer him a free Whopper with cheese.

+1

If they do bother investigating, he'll deny everything and they probably won't take one customer's word for it (he said/she said).  Video footage could prove otherwise, however.  If he has a pattern of accusations, things could get ugly for him. 

Glad you handled it the right way, managed to keep your cool and not drop down to that "manager's" level.

It seems like one has to trade nowadays with the more and more rare Mom & Pop operations to be treated courteously. Of course there are even exceptions to that ... cough ... Franklin Gun Shop ... cough, cough ... : /
  • Like 1

I spoke the company that manages that particular Burger King. They manage the BK as well as several other restaurant chains that are a much higher quality. The guy I spoke to even said that if it is remotely close to how I explained it the manager will not be there the next time you step foot in that burger king. He was very apologetic for what happened and said there is no excuse for a manager trying to taunt a customer to come inside or to call a customer stupid. He was going to have their store manager call me, it was an assistant manager who did this. The person I spoke with said they do not have audio on their phone systems when I asked them to check but he did say that there is video all over that store. He took the time we placed the order and assured me he was going to check the video. He said it will be obvious from his demeanor what happened as well as the fact there is at least one employee who will be willing to tell the truth with regards to what happened.

Trust me when I say I will hold him to his word and will follow up to find out the final outcome.

• Like 3

The best way to handle it I found is to take it to social media. While fast food joints are no longer on my list of go to places, I still have to shop for the essentials. I have seen quicker responses to being treated sh!tty by going right up the chain of command via email or one of the social media outlets.

I try to approach these people with a therapeutic attitude and it tends to pay off, but that's just my personal opinion and experience. The world has a way of working things out on its own, and sometimes treating people who are rude to you with kindness can be more effective than the alternatives.

Absolutely see this through, though. Sometimes it is our job to see that karma is delivered. :)

But, at the end of the day, it's just Burger King, and thankfully we have an endless plethora of food options with plenty of good customer service as long as there is reciprocity.

I spoke the company that manages that particular Burger King. They manage the BK as well as several other restaurant chains that are a much higher quality. The guy I spoke to even said that if it is remotely close to how I explained it the manager will not be there the next time you step foot in that burger king. He was very apologetic for what happened and said there is no excuse for a manager trying to taunt a customer to come inside or to call a customer stupid. He was going to have their store manager call me, it was an assistant manager who did this. The person I spoke with said they do not have audio on their phone systems when I asked them to check but he did say that there is video all over that store. He took the time we placed the order and assured me he was going to check the video. He said it will be obvious from his demeanor what happened as well as the fact there is at least one employee who will be willing to tell the truth with regards to what happened.

Trust me when I say I will hold him to his word and will follow up to find out the final outcome.

Make sure to let us know how this plays out. I am curious to see if this comes back to bite him in the whopper.

Just how well do you inspect your food before it goes down your pallet? Keep in mind this is circa 1968 as a teenager working the grill at McDonalds with a crappy manager on my rear end and making about a buck an hour before taxes. I believe the Big Mac had just come out that year.

A half drunk irate customer comes back in raising Cain complaining his Big Mac was not cooked properly and giving plenty of attitude. You know, I better leave it at that... Let's just say I was working the grill.

Folks, sometimes its just best to take the high road.  People have bad days, even BK managers, there is bigger fish to fry than worrying about an unapologetic manager at BK.  There is no excuse for the manager actions, but also two wrongs don't make a right. 

• Like 1

Anyone who has met me or who has talked to me will say I am the nicest guy and go way out of my way to help people out. I am never looking for a fight, either verbal or physical.

My phone call started with me asking for the assistant manager's boss. I was nice and polite until he said the only person I am going to talk to was him. And even then I did not cuss, yell or do anything other than ask for the number for his boss. Had he done nothing wrong he would have gave the number out willingly. But when I was unwilling to accept the fact he was not going to give me the number he began telling me to come inside to settle this and when that did not work he began the personal attacks by calling me stupid.

I know a lot of people have reasons to have a bad day, I have plenty, but you will NEVER hear of me ever taunting people to fight or name calling.

• Like 2
Chick-fila or Firehouse sub will fix your fast food issue. Wal-mart and those quickie lude/oil change places pay dang near minimum wage. If you can't change your oil because of health reasons talk with local shops. My wife brought our cars to one while I was deployed. She brought in Mobil1 and Napa gold oil filter - they charged $15 for labor. Hope you've let it go and found zen.

At work, we recently got a new "Big Cheese". You can tell by her accent that she is not from around here. She likes to storm in and push folks around, and make inflammatory remarks. My boss and I were discussing her, and I said that "she doesn't understand that we do things a bit different here  in the South. If nothing else we are cordial to each other."

I'm starting to think that the era of being "cordial" has passed.

This guy may be having problems at home, but likely it's because he treats the people in his life just like he treats his customers.

What's the line from from the Pink Floyd song "Us and Them"? "Good manners don't cost nothin', do they?"

People are idiots

My retail experience yesterday was to get a new pair of jeans at TSC because my old tsc jeans belt loops had come apart. I picked up the same pair and noticed that it had a guarantee that said if there was ever a problem with workmanship you can bring it back to tsc for a replacement. So i asked the cashier to do this - she knew nothing, got the mgr, who clearly had never handled this warranty issue before and told me i needed a receipt and he could exchange them. I said who keeps a receipt for a $20 pair of jeans, and the guaranteee says nothing about needing a receipt. I was wearing the pants with the bad belt loops and said these should be evidence enough. He did not agree - good grief
  • Like 1

Idiocracy is coming true.

"Brawndo has electrolytes." 

The best way to handle it I found is to take it to social media. While fast food joints are no longer on my list of go to places, I still have to shop for the essentials. I have seen quicker responses to being treated sh!tty by going right up the chain of command via email or one of the social media outlets.

The problem, as I see it, with going the social media route, is that it tends to taint an entire company for the actions of an individual. It doesn't matter how good the interview process is; there is going to be the occasional tool that makes it into the ranks. And occasionally they will also get promoted. But, as the happy ending to this story is evidence, eventually these tools get their just desserts.