Pocket Carry, how do you?

Murgatroy

I recently picked up a Magnum Research Micro Desert Eagle, the little bitty .380. 

It drops right in my pocket and carries like I don't even know it is there.

This is my first pocket gun, until today I have always carried on my hip, either IWB or OWB, but in the same spot, etc...

Tomorrow is our first trip to the range, so that will be fun, I have never shot a gun this small, or even near this small. I have read good things, so I am not worried.

What I am wondering is how you guys do it, and why, front pocket, rear pocket strong side, weak side, holster, no holster, if you use a holster, what kind, etc...

90% of the time, if I am out of the house it is in slacks of some kind. I wear jeans, but not nearly as often as slacks, so that is something to take into consideration. Today while I carried it was swallowed up in my pocket, but stayed oriented to where I wanted it. It didn't print, but when I was in the act of sitting or standing, not static in either stance, it did print to the point that I knew I was seeing an ejection port. My wife, who knew what it was said she couldn't tell if it was my phone or the gun.

Anyways, since we all know it didn't happen without pics:

me2.jpg

This thing is rather small, but I have read it isn't that much of a handful when shooting due to the gas delayed blowback setup it has:

me3.jpg

And here it is laid on top of my Glock 19, which is my usual carry:

me1.jpg

I carry weakside front pocket. Many times i carry the pocket gun as a back up and prefer it on weakside incase my strong hand is injured. That and i keep my keys amd knife in my right front pocket and have nothing in the pocket with the gun.

I dont have a pocket holster but i need one to help keep it oriented correctly. Ive been looking at the Galco pocket protector Edited by nightrunner

I use a Remora.  It can go from pocket to IWB back to pocket if needed.  When I was in Florida, I was pocket carrying an LC9 in a Remora due to the heat.  I used to pocket carry when I knew I was going somewhere where I had to disarm, like church, and then could put it IWB afterwards.

I generally carry an LCP in a DeSantis Nemesis holster in my strong side pocket if its the only pistol I'm carrying. If I'm wearing a strong side belt or IWB holster I shift it to my weak side pocket. You'll probably want to go with looser fitting pants for ease of pocket access and such. As a generally rule look for pants with as deep a pocket as possible. Pleated front pants mask potential printing remarkably well too.

I used a leather wallet-style pocket holster for a long time and switched to the DeSantis after that, but they added too much bulk to wear with some pants.

A kydex rig like Oh Shoot is what I use now and it's perfect. Nothing is thinner or offers as much protection. I saw some online that I liked and made my own out of a $5 piece of kydex

th_20141111_142339.jpg

edit: fixed the link

That curved part at the back of the slide lets me push off with my thumb in case I have time to prep the draw

Edited by BigK
  • Like 1

I use a Pocket holster made by Bull Dog and it works well with my 380 Body Guard.

[URL=http://s218.photobucket.com/user/softbaitmaker/media/Expendable%20projectiles%20machines/Picture032_zpsf87df1ed.jpg.html]Picture032_zpsf87df1ed.jpg[/URL]

[URL=http://s218.photobucket.com/user/softbaitmaker/media/Expendable%20projectiles%20machines/Picture031_zps1d84922f.jpg.html]Picture031_zps1d84922f.jpg[/URL]

After trying at least a dozen holsters I found one for the LCP/TCP from Quest that fit it. It is a suede pocket holster.

I think I will try it weak side front pocket so that it has a 'place' it belongs from day to day, not style to style. That way if I am carrying the Glock, the Glock is strong side, and if it were strong side in my front pocket it would interfere with where I keep my Kershaw Blur.

If you go to the LWSeecamp forum home page and look under the holster thread there is a list of holster makers that make them for pocket carr.y pistols. I just ordered one for my 32 Seecamp. Been carrying it without a holster but don't like the way it moves around in my pocket, with the extra flap put on it for back pocket carry it looks like a wallet.