Sorry folks but I have to VENT!!!!

bersaguy

Well, I went through about 18 hours of pure to get zero accomplished
progress in repairing of fixing anything. Went through the Arterial gram to
fix heart and the surgeon walked out of it 6 minutes into the test without
saying anything to the staff running the test.

They completed test and where suppose to give me a sedative to lay

flat on my back on a board and not move for next 4.5 hours.

They failed to give me the sedative and within 30 minutes I was in
intense pain in my back because of back problems.

About 2 hours later the heart surgeon came to the room and took

daughter and son-in-law to the hall and spoke with them for

about 20 minutes about my case but never came in to face me.

He said that the test shown several partially blocked arteries which on Friday

he said he would fix during the test on Monday. He didn't fix anything

and said he was more concerned about my aneurism than my heart

at this point and told my daughter to set up an appointment with a doctor

to repair the aneurism first and he would repair the heart later.

Then just before leaving he said there is
about a 90% chance I will suffer a mild heart attack during the aneurism
surgery. I had to get all of this 2nd hand for daughter and son in law because
the sorry SOB surgeon would not come in and face me.

They didn't know he walked out of the test in 6 minutes of a 20 minute
after it began and all of the test staff were asking each other where the doctor was an one guy
said he left about 10 minutes ago without saying a word or doing anything. Now with
that said, the reason I was sent to the Cardiologist was to make sure my heart was
strong enough to have the Aneurism repaired. So now I am not even sure
that I can have the aneurism repaired because if there is a 90% chance I would
have a heart attack during it.

I'm almost sure the Vascular Surgeon will not do it. The Cardiologist
surgeon has lied to me about 10 times now on what he plans to do and what he does.
So 18 hours spent going through pain and Hell and got not one damn thing fixed. Doctor did tell my daughter I was walking around with two time bombs ticking inside me and it was only a matter of time before one the them popped. Sent me home with no medications of any kind at 8:30 last night.

I was not there and I don't have enough info to tell much, I will stick up a little for the doc on pulling out and not completing the procedure(what it sound like is a PCI), since he likely did so for a valid reason. I would have hoped he would come tell you the reason afterward though. My fear is that he may have seen something indicating a CABG or similar to be the better course of action in your case. That's between him and you though. If that is the case you may be referred to a cardiothoracic surgeon. I speak medical terminology fluently so if you want a translator at any point just shoot me a PM if I don't know it I likely have someone nearby who does.

Please don't get so fired up that you cause yer own heart attack. Simmer down and look at your options for health care or in other words fire that 

snake oil peddler and find a good doctor right away.  

My family has you in our prayers so you will have no more issues getting the correct care and get those problems fixed sooner than later and we wish you the best at making that happen.

Edited by Lowpower

Well wtf?

I would have thought the doctor would have a chat with you after walking out. I suggest trying to calm down and then contacting this guys office to get some clarification.

I know that I probably would be yelling at somebody, but that's bound to be counter productive.

What type of aneurysm do you have?  Have you spoken with a surgeon regarding the plan for it.  Depending on the location and such, there is a possibility that you could have an endovascular repair.  In which case, the cardiac risk for surgery would be similar to the procedure you had for the heart cath.  For whatever reason, often times, the medicine docs like to try to make the call as to which patients are suitable surgery or not, rather than leaving that decision to the person who will actually be doing the surgery.  When dealing with a cardiologist and possible need for stents and such, there becomes a "fox guarding the hen house" type of a situation.  I would try to talk to the surgeon who will be responsible for repairing the aneurysm sooner rather than later. 

Doug.... I'll echo what some of our other brother posters have said... Find another doctor... I'm a geezer myself and have had a few heart problems... Find a doctor that is frank, honest, and is there for something other than the money... Dont get too overheated, but remember this; you are in charge and you can pick your doctor... Pick one you like and utterly trust... 

leroy

I hope your get all this sorted out, and soon. I am worried for you and hope you are able to find a doctor that is actually worth a damn. You definitely need to see a different doctor and not dwell on what happened today. It is obvious he is unprofessional and because of that I would not worry too much about anything he said either.

My offer still stands in our PM to each other. If you need to talk call anytime, I don't care what time it is if you really need someone to talk to.

I know what it is like to have what feels like the weight of the world on your shoulders.

Ok, first off thank all of you for your thoughts on this issue. Yesterday the Vascular Surgeon that was scheduled to do the Aneurism called my daughter  and requested she bring me to her office on Thursday for a consultation about what took place on Monday and about still doing the Aneurism repair. She said she has seen the results of all the test and even of the results of the ecocardiogram  that was completed that her Cardiologist chose to walk out on. i have agreed to go and hear what she has to say but not sure I will agree to her doing the Aneurism after what I have been through so far by that medical group. I do have other options available to me. I have checked with my insurance programs and they will pay for up to 3 opinions from 3 different medical groups because my health is what is priority.

As far as posting to doctor and Hospital on line. Right now I don't feel it would be proper. If anyone does really want to know who they are send me a PM and I will gladly tell you.