Real Snow

btq96r

They've changed the forecast like 27 times in the last 48 hours. newlaugh.gif I'm not so sure if any of the prognosticators have a damn clue. animlol.gif

I follow Nashville Severe Weather on twitter. He/she seems like a real rational meteorologist. They say 3-5" but warns it could change drastically in either direction. Apparently this storm is just really unpredictable

Those people live in Boston by choice.  We live in Tennessee by choice.  They have snowblowers, we don't.  I don't feel sorry for them

You are so right the roads go both north and south, east and west. I will never forget probably 20+ years ago and it had been a brutal winter in International falls and the news reporter was interviewing this fellow probably mid 70's and he said when spring comes I'm moving south. I thought is was funny that it took him that long to get enough of those cold winters. I was only kidding about the snow, I know it is a royal pain to deal with, when we live in Michigan in 67 my parents had a 65 buick convertible and my first chore every morning was to get a broom and sweep the top off as we didn't have a garage. Ya'll be safe and stay as warm as possible.

I moved south from MN to get away from the snow.  And quite frankly the little bit of snow we get here on the west side of the state is minimal at best.  Even my wife who has lived in TN her whole life gets frustrated at all the closings/delays at the mention of a little bit of cold weather or freezing precipitation.  Generally if we wait a day or two it's all gone with not a trace of it left.

Worst snow I remember was Halloween of '91.  My first year in college and we got 38" of the white stuff, sure made for a fun drive back to the dorms after the halloween party :)  not to mention being totally drunk and trying to walk in snow past your knees :)

They've changed the forecast like 27 times in the last 48 hours. newlaugh.gif I'm not so sure if any of the prognosticators have a  damn clue. animlol.gif

Well after seeing the crowds at the store yesterday they should thank every meteorologist in Tennessee :stunned:

• Administrator

They've changed the forecast like 27 times in the last 48 hours. newlaugh.gif I'm not so sure if any of the prognosticators have a  damn clue. animlol.gif

Nashville's meteorologists couldn't accurately predict if the sun will rise tomorrow.  No real surprise there.

• Like 3

Well after seeing the crowds at the store yesterday they should thank every meteorologist in Tennessee :stunned:

That happens every winter every time the word "snow" is in the forecast.  I swear the meteorologists have stock in WM, Kroger and every other grocery chain for this reason.

Spent 3 years in Wa state near Spokane. Learned to drive in the winter and then went to Germany for 18 months, learned defensive driving from somesof the craziest drivers in the world. Blizzard of 93 was the most snow I've seen since leaving Spokane. I was stranded for 3 days but only because the snow plow decided my driveway was a good drop off point for all the snow he gathered from up the hill.

We have bush hogs!!!

"I" have a bush hog!  

Reminds me of a supposedly true story I was told recently:

This fellow was telling tales on his grandson.  It seems that the grandson was a recent college grad and got his first job in an Alabama bank as a junior loan officer.  An old farmer came in an applied for a small loan.  Grandson asked the farmer about his collateral - did he have property he could pledge as security for the loan.  The farmer replied that he had a 12 year old bush hog.  Grandson busied himself getting out forms from various stack and started typing on his computer.  After a few minutes, he asked the farmer, "This bush hog you offer as collateral -- male or female?"

All it takes is one person who can't drive and you get this:

ht_ny_wreck_pro_towing_2_js_150206_4x3_9
Courtesy Pro Towing
PHOTO: A multi-vehicle crash of at least 30 cars on Feb. 6 shut down I-81 north in Ellisburg, N.Y.

Obviously the reported location of NY is wrong because we know people from the north can drive in snow...
  • Like 2

Obviously the reported location of NY is wrong because we know people from the north can drive in snow...

[emoji41][emoji41][emoji41][emoji41][emoji41][emoji109][emoji109][emoji109][emoji109][emoji109][emoji631][emoji631][emoji631][emoji631][emoji631]

"Welcome to Tennessee...the patron State of shooting stuff"

This is crazy. WSMV says 3-5 inches by Monday evening. Weather.com says less than 1 inch.
That’s a big difference for this area, 1 inch won’t do much; 5 inches will shut this area down.

It's ok,

I'm sure you're a helluva cuddler :dirty:

• Like 2

I just got some tubes of sand(for the bed of my truck) at lowes just in case i need some added traction. I'm not worried about my driving, just the other idiots out there that can't drive when the weather's nice, much less when it snows.

Snow isn't the problem, Ice is the problem. whether it's 4 or 40 wd, you're still gonna slide.