If you didn't hate me already..

Erik88

there was one year while we lived in Boca that a hurricane was predicted to hit Boca head on.  Everyone near the intracoastal and beach evacuated and went to Orlando.

The hurricane veered off path and ended up going right over Orlando.  We had sunny weather and no rain or wind at all.

• Like 1

meh, been there done that.  Lived in South Florida for 8 years.  I will take the seasons and all that comes with.

If it is so great why are you trying so hard to come back?

What Mike said. South Florida for 11 years. The beaches get old real fast and the traffic is awful, and so are the drivers. Sea food  is great and the only thing I miss about Fl. If that's what you like enjoy! Just not for me. :wave:

there was one year while we lived in Boca that a hurricane was predicted to hit Boca head on.  Everyone near the intracoastal and beach evacuated and went to Orlando.

The hurricane veered off path and ended up going right over Orlando.  We had sunny weather and no rain or wind at all.

Was that the year they had 3 cross over the same area? Two from the east and 1 from the west.

i think there were three that year,  one eye passed over us but that hurricane came from the west so it was not too horrible.  I remember moving stuff on our privacy fenced patio from one side to the other to be ready for when the wind came from the other direction as the eye went by.

I like Forida fine, but we decided it was better for vacationing than year round living.   I actually preferred summer there over winter.

I do miss the seafood.  Whales Rib on A1A in Deerfield Beach FTW

Stationed Key West NAS for 4 years.  Lived on Truman Annex, had access to the coast guard pier for fishing and a good friend with a 20 Ft aquasport (who is now has Almost There Charters), would go back to that in a heart beat.  I like TN, but I love salt water fishing.

You can keep Florida, I've never been impressed.  Between the absurdly high humidity, and all those toll roads, I wouldn't want to live there. 

So we had a few days of winter here in Tennessee...no big deal.  It will feel like summer here in about a month and a half anyway.