Would anyone pay this?!?

68a66ec70de6b977e9c3bc0672abbaaf.jpg
They also have all 40 round .22 for $10/box. Is this good that they have it or are they criminals. I believe in free market, but I partly hope that when all this calms down they have buyer rebellion. Bigger boxes are north of $60. Edited by deafdogdief

Price tag says "Benton Shooters." I'm not familiar with the place, but after seeing that picture I'm sure I never will be!

I've always heard they regard their inventory highly.  It's like they don't want to let it go.

Would anyone pay this?!?

Because they have it and nobody else does.

It sucks, but economically, it's a better deal than spending all day and a tank of gas driving around looking for it elsewhere.

Edited by gregintenn
Benton shooting is the worst place to buy anything. Their prices are higher over any other place. Good place to look at guns. Not a place to buy. It is in the middle of no where. But they got to pay for their big nice building and paved parking lot.
  • Like 2

Benton's is one of the best gun and accessory MUSEUM in East Tennessee.  Many people go there, look, listen, feel, and learn, but leave empty handed.  They buy elsewhere!

Truly they make some money, they have a ton of employees, and the parking lot is packed on Saturdays.  Too me (non scientific) their targeted audience are two types:  Extremely low gun info people; and those people who shop at Gander Mtn. 

Benton's is one of the best gun and accessory MUSEUM in East Tennessee. Many people go there, look, listen, feel, and learn, but leave empty handed. They buy elsewhere!

Truly they make some money, they have a ton of employees, and the parking lot is packed on Saturdays. Too me (non scientific) their targeted audience are two types: Extremely low gun info people; and those people who shop at Gander Mtn.

I think they're taking advantage of location. Not much competition in the area.
No, I wouldn't pay it but that doesn't make them criminals.

It's a free market capitolist society we have here. The market dictates inventory prices. When people deviate from that and try to sell too high, they don't move product. If they're happy with slow sales for high margins, that's their business. They're certainly free to do so.

Same goes for all the "gougers" in the second hand rim fire market. Everyone keeps attacking them but they're doing nothing wrong. If you don't like it, don't buy it. That's pretty simple.

When we start telling people what they can and cannot sell their wares for, we may as well paint our red white and blue to red and call each other comrade. That's pure communism.

Smart? No. Wrong? No. Edited by Caster
  • Like 3