Kitten found, cute as a button

From this post I can gather we wouldnt be able to be friends:)

Sorry you feel that way. You might be right, but you never know. If we met, in person, I might just surprise you. :shrug:

I don't make a habit of driving around with a cat under my hood, but I also don't make a habit of bringing them home either.

I'm more than happy that anyone has a cat they love, and I understand. Feral cats are a problem here. Not the fault of the cat; but poor cat owners.

Edited by gregintenn

Sorry you feel that way. You might be right, but you never know. If we met, in person, I might just surprise you. :shrug:

It's true that you didn't say anything about killing, though grouping cats with rats and mice infers it.  Having said that, when I put in the part about killing I wasn't thinking about you.

• Like 1

I never liked cats until a couple of months after I agreed that my wife could bring one home.  She begged me for months and finally I agreed because I go tired of hearing her whining about it.  It was supposed to be an indoor outdoor, the only time that cat has been outside in the year+ that we have had it was when we moved, but it's okay, she's fun to watch "cat" around the house while she is hunting her toys, she uses the litter box, stays off of furniture tables and counter tops, and most people that come over don't even know we have a cat.  That said I'm not a cat person but I'd say that the percentage of dogs that I meet and like is a lot higher than the percentage of people that I meet and like.  Feral cats?  I'd shoot them on site.

I've never been much of a cat person but I don't like to see any animal suffer. My wife brought home 2 kittens she found on the side of a country road that had been obviously dumped to die. The male kitten only had one eye open they were so young. I was temporarily retired during this time and fed them by hand every 4 hours until they were big enough to eat on their own. Needless to say, I became attached to them. Now we have had them for 10 years, our mole problem has disappeared and we never have mice in the house. They are also lower maintenance than dogs. You can stay gone for several hours or even days if you leave enough food and water for them.

So my wife went to the post office. And as she was walking in she heard a kitten screaming. She mentioned it and a mail worker said it was in her husbands truck somewhere under the hood. Apparently the kitten has been under the hood for two days as he went to work. They acted like the kitten would eventfully die and quit screaming. Well not with my wife around she made them pop the hood so she could find the kitten. She found it and brought it home. Not sure if we have a new family member yet but we will make sure it never suffers again.

How the hell can ANYONE drive around for two days listening to a 2-3 week old kitten screaming? Takes a special kind of sicko to do that.

It is safe, sound and in loving arms now.

11891409_10205807227634738_2293142666232

The poor thing still looks shell shocked.  I'd hate to have seen it fresh out of the truck.  I'm glad it's safe now.

And here is the little fellow with his perpetual milk mustache.

11986255_1047070085304370_345910149_o.jp

Looks a bit like the "NO!" cat. ;)

To keep things in perspective, I've always thought it fair advice, "If you have a dog who adores you, you should also have a cat who ignores you."

- OS

• Like 2

Looks a bit like the "NO!" cat. ;)

To keep things in perspective, I've always thought it fair advice, "If you have a dog who adores you, you should also have a cat who ignores you."

- OS

well.. problem is. .we already have 2  cats on top of the 2 dogs who want to eat the kitten..My sister is thinking of taking her/him .. but if she decides she does not want her. I am going to have to surrender the kitten..As much as I want to keep it.. Gus will not allow it .

And that picture above..I dont get it.. Is is cowboys shooting cats? or are they herding them and I am a cat herder ? or can cats outrun cowboys while they are shooting at something and not the cats?

it sucks either way:(

I know you have heard the saying" like trying to herd a bunch of cats".

I am sure the post is just in fun. :woohoo:

well.. problem is. .we already have 2  cats on top of the 2 dogs who want to eat the kitten..My sister is thinking of taking her/him .. but if she decides she does not want her. I am going to have to surrender the kitten..As much as I want to keep it.. Gus will not allow it .

And that picture above..I dont get it.. Is is cowboys shooting cats? or are they herding them and I am a cat herder ? or can cats outrun cowboys while they are shooting at something and not the cats?

2 each, is that all. We have 7 dogs, 17 cats and 30 chickens, all out side but 2 dogs, yall got some catching up to do. :wave:

Edited by RED333

This reminds me of rescuing a very rough looking pit bull mix and her pups.  Finding a home for the pups was easy - but she was old and didn't look so good. We tried to keep her, but her prey drive towards the cats was so strong we just couldn't do it.

The picture of the cowboys and cats is from a funny commercial from EDS

Here's a link to the video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pk7yqlTMvp8

• Like 1

Personally I like most all animals, I would rather have their company than most people any day. I believe there is a special place in hell for anyone that takes pleasure in harming puppies, kittens. And other small animals. Yes I believe in the harvesting of some of god's creatures for dinner. BUT not in the needless suffering of a animal just because somebody is an asshole

• Like 1

Because humans can be aholes. I haven't met too many animals that were aholes for the sake of it, so I go out of my way to be respectful of non-human life. Humans get the benefit of the doubt from me as well, unless ahole tendencies abound, like letting a defenseless animal die a slow, torturous death, when it would take less than a minute to intervene. I'd value the life of that kitten over that human any day of the week, and I'm not a cat person.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bingo.

Because humans can be aholes. I haven't met too many animals that were aholes for the sake of it, so I go out of my way to be respectful of non-human life. Humans get the benefit of the doubt from me as well, unless ahole tendencies abound, like letting a defenseless animal die a slow, torturous death, when it would take less than a minute to intervene. I'd value the life of that kitten over that human any day of the week, and I'm not a cat person.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bingo.
edited to add, I like dogs and cats. I've had cats that were better than lots of people I've met.
  • Like 1

They're herding cats. You ride horses and like cats. I thought it was cute. Geez....lighten up.

• Like 1

Bingo.
edited to add, I like dogs and cats. I've had cats that were better than lots of people I've met.

I grew up with two cats, so I've been exposed.  One used to bite my toes when I was sleeping, but I used to sneak up on it and scare it half to death, so all's fair.  I just don't like the idea of having a litter box in my house.  Also, my attack dog has a very bad history with felines, so that's been my standing excuse with my wife.

They're herding cats. You ride horses and like cats. I thought it was cute. Geez....lighten up.

I should have finished the sentence.I was going to say it sucks either way that I cant keep him/her/..Was not meant to say what you posted sucks..My appologie there.It is cute.. I just didnt know what it was. if it wasnt for Gus I would be a crazy cat lady for sure