Anyone else worried about attacks during Star Wars premier?

I've read that. Skyfall was amazing to me. I loved it. I'm not crazy about Christoff Waltz but I love the other bad guy. Andrew Scott. He's a great crazy person. He plays Moriarty in the BBC version of Sherlock and I love him. That's it. I'm going to an early showing.

I thought Christoph Waltz was a glorious villain in Inglorious Basterds, and I think his role as Blofelt is far more compelling than the original.

As for the original topic, no, I am not scared because I refuse to live any part of my life with fear. I will be armed, and if there is a bomb and I die, then fuck it and fuck them.
  • Like 2

I'm lucky that I work for tech  company and in lieu of a Christmas party, we are renting a theater on opening day and watching it. I feel pretty good about my fellow employees.  The geek culture is strong at my place of employment.

• Moderators

It's about time for the news to be chock full of home heating oil price stories again. Maybe Chucktshoes can get worked up over that. If not, I'm afraid he'll have to wait until late May when the next round of shark attack stories makes the news reels.

Shark stories don't faze me either. The wife on the other hand....

A few years ago we started the family tradition of going to the movies on Christmas day. We'll probably go see Star Wars that day.

I wouldn't go to the opening of this movie, not because I'm fearful of some crazy, but I find all the costume wearing and nerdiness to be silly, and I'd just rather not be a part of that.

• Like 1
I'm going to a matinee. I'm a die hard fan. Saw the first new release a week early after signing my life away on some paperwork. Too bad that was the Phantom Menace. I'll go but it will be in the afternoon. I'll carry and if I see detectors then I'll leave. No way I'm going to an opening night for this. No way I'm going in a theater unarmed. If ISIS does something all us nerds will make that the last straw. Don't mess with my childhood holy grail!

Sent from the Fortress of Solitude.

<<minor spoiler alert>>

Yeah, it wasn't exactly a closely guarded secret, what with it being alluded to in the previews plus the whole re-imaging of Spectre. But the movie doesn't reveal that little tidbit until the end by using another name for Waltz's character. Of course by then you've figured it out unless you don't know the old movies and have no idea who Ernst Blofeld is.

• Like 1

When it was first announced I told my 17 yr old son that he was not going until maybe a few weeks into it. He was PISSED . I told him that if I was going to kill as many people as I could I would pick this movie and would do it the first week . I still don't feel good about him going a few weeks later . I say this even though I am a HUGE Star Wars geek !

I do think most theaters will have metal detector wands for the first few days of showings.  Another reason I'm not going to an early showing.  I won't go into a theater unarmed ever again.  

This is a prime target.  American iconic pop culture.  I feel certain an attempt will be made somewhere.  

<<minor spoiler alert>>

Yeah, it wasn't exactly a closely guarded secret, what with it being alluded to in the previews plus the whole re-imaging of Spectre. But the movie doesn't reveal that little tidbit until the end by using another name for Waltz's character. Of course by then you've figured it out unless you don't know the old movies and have no idea who Ernst Blofeld is.

Great.. Soooooo Redbox it is..... LOL Edited by MrsMonkeyMan2500

...but I love the other bad guy. Andrew Scott. He's a great crazy person. He plays Moriarty in the BBC version of Sherlock and I love him.

Never saw him in Moriarty, but I thought Scott was flat in Spectre.  Just couldn't see him as serious in playing that role, especially considering who he had in the majority of his scenes next to him. 

• Like 1

I don't do movies and haven't in years. It used to be because of the price and other reasons already mentioned. Now, I'll add because of the postings and lunatics looking for their grand exit and world news exposure which the news media are so eager to give them.  

Only movie I've been to in the last several years was American Sniper.

Never saw him in Moriarty, but I thought Scott was flat in Spectre. Just couldn't see him as serious in playing that role, especially considering who he had in the majority of his scenes next to him.

Still haven't seen it. So I can't debate this one. I've been told Spectre is a love it or hate it movie. After Skyfall I can see that being an issue. If you have Netflix I'd highly recommend watching the BBC's Sherlock. He shines in it and the show in general is amazingly good.
  • Like 1