Anyone else worried about attacks during Star Wars premier?

OK! I'm obviously in the minority here. Let me get back to wrenching in this damn truck...

My original post in this thread was

People still watch Star Wars? Obviously some still do...

So are they going to have a scene in this one where Captain Kirk fights Darth Vader?

here?  No, not really.   It could happen, but this is the south.  Ill bet someone (besides the idiot attacking, that is) ignored the rules a wee bit and the problem would go away.

In other places?  Yea, it could happen.   Any time there are a lot of unarmed people bunched up, it could happen.   It does happen at those places, the occasion aside.

My original post in this thread was

People still watch Star Wars? Obviously some still do...

So are they going to have a scene in this one where Captain Kirk fights Darth Vader?

as far as I know it will have princess r2d2, a male villan, totally ignores the thrawn books / timeline,  and basically is so far off the story line as to be like trek with an alternate universe spawned by a temporal anomaly.    It will also put money in the pockets of anti gun liberals by showing tons of people shooting at each other.   Bah humbug.

I was looking for a set of the PJ's from the 70's - 80's and those marvelous things appeared. I thought for sure they would be a hit on here :D

transcript from the photo-shoot:

"Ok ok, that's great, .. now,... clench both fists lightly."  

"Perfect!"  

"That's a wrap, folks.  Great job, everybody!"

Like most movies i'll watch it when it comes out on DVD or rent from Comcast. I like movies where I can drink a .75cent coke and eat a $1.00 bag of doritos, smoke, fart, pause and go do my business without missing anything in a far more comfortable and roomy recliner. Also, there's no chance of me being arrested for assault for slapping the crap out of some punk teenager behind me yapping and kicking my chair.  :)

• Like 1

Worried?  

Nope.

Why?

When I actually watch it, It'll be at home.  Until then, I will get my fix with Battlefront on my new TV.  Yeah..braggin a bit.  The wife just bought it today and I feel like being the braggart.  65 inches of The FORCE!!!!

If the Force can't keep me safe, the Blackhawk will.  LOL!

IMG_0662_zpsbaascxzd.jpg

I'm not a Star Wars guy but everything in my Facebook news feed is Star Wars related. It's supposed to be the biggest movie of the year and I've heard that many theaters are going to allow costumes. Some larger chains have already banned them. It just seems like a bad combination to me. I hope nothing happens but recent events at movies in the last few years has me wondering.

Well, it's debuting on 3,900 screens across the US, so your odds are pretty good.

I see that is actually a comparatively small number for such a big time flick, comes in at only 11th place for 2015.

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot
  • 3 weeks later...